Airtel 3G Announced - Will support speeds upto 21 Mbps!

Hades. said:
Who wants 3G with variable speed? :p... i want gud broadband plans thats all... i dont want this shitty 21mbps 3g shit... Airtel network is not even capable of delievering 21Mbps... They say that u will get 21Mbps speed but their network can only provide 100KB to 200KB per second...
well agree with crap plans but please stop dreaming using 3g and replacing with broadband as its not a broadband and its not ment for replacing it. its for mobility use. so if expect them to give plans like landline broadband its our mistake to think like this. secondly plans are way crap and not good at all

wirelessraj said:
Twitter

Airtel 3G Plan: Rs. 650 monthly rental for 1.25GB, pay per use till bill cap reaches Rs. 2000, then speeds slashed to 128kbps.

:rofl:

21MBPS, 650MB???

Half hour of youtube and i'll be paying extra

or maybe than have FUP after 50MB to 256K who knows

Just sticking to the standard 2G GPRS packages even if slow sounds better. Way to high launch. Hope things simmer down though. Till then dream on.....

Just for the heck of it i am going to send the PORT XXXXXXXX message from my airtel number and then when they call to ask why u switching....will blast them with their hopeless 3G Plans

Such a long wait, reading Economic Times everyday, following the darn auction, cussing out A.Raja, and then....

Rs.9 ..1 day 10MB

Rs.50 ..3 days 55MB

Rs.200 ..30days 250MB

Rs.450 ..30 days 500MB

Rs.650 ..30days 1.2GB

raksrules said:
Just for the heck of it i am going to send the PORT XXXXXXXX message from my airtel number and then when they call to ask why u switching....will blast them with their hopeless 3G Plans

Even if you do this, it wouldnt matter them much as they are not the ones to changes the tariffs, and the tariffs wont come down so soon. Ya, they will have to listen your angerness, but at the end, it wont matter.

What else would you expect from these private players. Once vodafone launches its 3G, i am sure, its plans will be much higher than Airtel's.

asingh said:
Such a long wait, reading Economic Times everyday, following the darn auction, cussing out A.Raja, and then....

Rs.9 ..1 day 10MB
Rs.50 ..3 days 55MB
Rs.200 ..30days 250MB
Rs.450 ..30 days 500MB
Rs.650 ..30days 1.2GB
lol well looks like ur new airtel user. for someone like who is using airtel from last 7 yrs knew it in start that there is no point expecting anything from airtel ever. they just love to mind money so they will do the same.

Is number portabilty already active? :O How do I port from Airtel prepaid to BSNL prepaid ? Do I need to go BSNL office or what?

delguy19 said:
lol well looks like ur new airtel user. for someone like who is using airtel from last 7 yrs knew it in start that there is no point expecting anything from airtel ever. they just love to mind money so they will do the same.
Been with them (cell) 10 years...!

:)

Was hoping to much with 3G.

mutant said:
Is number portabilty already active? :O How do I port from Airtel prepaid to BSNL prepaid ? Do I need to go BSNL office or what?
already discussed many times on mnp thread well u need to send sms as Port ur number to 1900 once u got code go to bsnl office do the paperwork and within 7 days its will be done. all balance with will gone if u have any on ur prepaid

Why am I not surprised? :|

Well, maybe because I expecting such BS 3G tariff plans from airtel.

Currently, only BSNL 3G and Reliance 3G seems to have reasonably priced 3G tariff plans.

I don't understand how on earth are Reliance's 3G plans affordable! They are almost as expensive and in some case worse than Airtel's!

@^^

and MTNL. :) I am so happy with their network.

Just an FYI people, many local cellphone dealers and sellers of recharge/top-up coupons are also accepting your applications for MNP. Get the code by sending a message to 1900, take that number and your details to your local recharge wale bhaiyya :p and they will do th rest for you. (As told to me by 4 shopkeepers)

Perhaps I am never going to use 3G with such tariff.
Only 3G player with good tariff is BSNL with worst 3G network.

I want 2 MBPS UL under 1K per month. Looks like we have to settle with DSL broadband.

Back