Airtel 3G Announced - Will support speeds upto 21 Mbps!

With 3G launched, the good thing normal GPRS plans would get cheaper which means you can get internet on your phone at affordable prices.

I am pretty sure, 3G is gonna be huge fail in India because of high prices:p

Personally, I am gonna stick to GPRS.

arun687 said:
^ It will not be financially viable for them to do something like that. Heck, we don't have such plans even for wired broadband.

All we can hope for, is something realistic like say 2gb of data for Rs 200-300, for 3G. I don't think even this is going to happen anytime soon. And remember, 3G is not for downloading torrents and 24x7 usage connected to PC. :p
agreed LTE is coming in the near future, but that doesn't mean these dumb private players will introduce such dumb plans which won't get down to any body's throat.

delguy19 said:
well agree with crap plans but please stop dreaming using 3g and replacing with broadband as its not a broadband and its not ment for replacing it. its for mobility use. so if expect them to give plans like landline broadband its our mistake to think like this. secondly plans are way crap and not good at all
agreed that its not meant to replace wired broadband in terms of reliability.
But wud some one like to pay 650 for just getting the mobility ? If not then what's the justification of having such plans. :no:

^^It says *Terms and Conditions Apply. I think they would be offering these special 3G plans only to the customers who buy the phone from Airtel.

blkrb0t said:
Regarding this plan for N8: special plans for Nokia and Samsung phones #Airtel3G on Twitpic

I have a N8 and also an Airtel SIM and I'm on the 98 rupees GPRS pack, but I haven't got any free 3G offering or even any message from Airtel.
Sent an SMS from my Samsung Spica. Got a reply back that the offer is closed.

Activated just to check the speeds and lost Rs.25 for a speed test. DL 990kbps, UL 350kbps. The new plans suck

A freaking joke as usual. I've stopped expecting anything affordable from Airtel. BSNL seems way better at giving decent prices and good offers these days.

Pat said:
^^It says *Terms and Conditions Apply. I think they would be offering these special 3G plans only to the customers who buy the phone from Airtel.
That sucks, Airtel 3G tariffs are a joke, watching a youtube video of 5-7 mins would cost around 30 bucks. I am sure all these private players will make a cartel to keep the prices beyond what they should be but still keep them close.

Here it is...
airtel3g.jpg

The love to make it confusing for consumers. How the efff are we supposed to correlate kb and all that jazz. So difficult for non-technical people. I guess biting the bullet would be to check current GPRS load on our cells and try to see how much 3G would hit us. But high speeds... :). If they give the stipulated speed.

Overall plans are high.

For just surfing the net 2G unlimited GPRS plan ~ Rs.89 is more than enough... PPl only want high speed mbps plans to download movies and stuff for normal surfing 2g gprs plans are best...

Hades. said:
For just surfing the net 2G unlimited GPRS plan ~ Rs.89 is more than enough... PPl only want high speed mbps plans to download movies and stuff for normal surfing 2g gprs plans are best...
as said eariler to 3g is for mobility and if use for that purpose its fine anyone dreaming of replacing with broadband and downloading movies and so on needs to wait for few yrs

Hades. said:
It would be enough if we get the theoretical EDGE speeds of 230kbps and constant and RELIABLE connection at all times. It's not the case with most of the operators. Also, with 3G there's the advantage of voice and data at the same time.

All I get in Docomo in peak hours is 50-60 kbps and at certain times it doesn't even connect. What's the use if you're stranded somewhere and want to use maps, do a quick google search for some info or to just check email and respond to them. If it isn't there for you when you need it the most, it is as good as it doesn't exist.

arun687 said:
It would be enough if we get the theoretical EDGE speeds of 230kbps and constant and RELIABLE connection at all times. It's not the case with most of the operators. Also, with 3G there's the advantage of voice and data at the same time.

All I get in Docomo in peak hours is 50-60 kbps and at certain times it doesn't even connect. What's the use if you're stranded somewhere and want to use maps, do a quick google search for some info or to just check email and respond to them. If it isn't there for you when you need it the most, it is as good as it doesn't exist.
using airtel edge from long time whenever out of home or while roaming but just in phone and never faced any issue even able to make call with nimbuz from my n8

and to think The govt. being so enthusiastic, telecom ministry says they will hold 4G auctions... well they better taste shoes before that, cause consumers are not gonna like.

delguy19 said:
as said eariler to 3g is for mobility and if use for that purpose its fine anyone dreaming of replacing with broadband and downloading movies and so on needs to wait for few yrs
what are you saying man? i am using BSNL 3g 24X7... last month i downloaded + upload crossed 300GB...stop misleading people.

Back