Airtel 3G Announced - Will support speeds upto 21 Mbps!

Considering the fact that companies paid ridiculous amounts for spectrum the tariff plans were still expected to reasonable and catch on volumes to make money. I guess co's need some sense to price tariff more sensibly. Going by Reliance and now airtel, I guess 3G plan from BSNL seems more sensible to me(I didnt recharge for 600 bucks for U/L BB BIS :ashamed:) I think I'll stick to 2G speeds unless some sense is instilled on the companies.

PS: I regret buying Bharti Airtel before their stock split, I guess I'll never get my money back.:cry:

rohan30186 said:
Dont blame Airtel/Docomo...these bloody minister Auctioned 3g Spectrum for 68000Cr....Where do you think these companies will recover them...From us using these crappy plans....Thank you so much Govt of India for such a lovely year ahead!!
Key word being auction. Noone forced them to bid the amount they did. But maybe the government should have imposed some minimum rollout and speed regulations

Renegade said:
Be glad. Things will only get worse in the long run. As more and more people switch to 3G you will be sharing the speed with them. Your speed will depend on how many people are contending for the bandwidth in your cell area. You will have to pay more for plans which guarantee minimum bandwidth.

This again will depend on the signal strength. You can get a cell tower installed on your roof though. :p

I think the best experience would be with operators who do not have enough subscribers in the first place.

Well considering that people on BSNL, which has had a huge influx of subscribers in the last few months, are still getting 1-2 mbps plus (in some cases even 4 mbps), and even reliance and docomo offering much higher speeds according to users, i expected a lot better from Airtel than 500 kbps :/

But you're right, speeds will decrease as more and more people opt for 3G. lets wait and watch

Back