Airtel, Idea, Vodafone hike mobile Internet rates.

I am paying close to Rs 920 for 2.5 gb .... from Umobile / Malaysia. The speed and consistency is awesome though.

So guys relax freebie days to lure customers are now over in India.

Do most operators have separate rates for roaming?

If you are roaming on the home network, you won't be charged anything. If however, on roaming, you connect to another operator with whom your service provider has an agreement with, you will be charged at their rates. That is how it usually is for 3g. For 2g, I have seen no charges even if on another operator.

Vodafone Mumbai increased their rates by reducing validity on various data packs. Recharge of ₹102 was very much popular among users, which gave 300MB 3G data for 1 month. It's validity is now reduced to 3 weeks, translating to ~43% hike. Also 2G data packs of 155, 198 and 3G packs of 147, 251 got cut in validity by 2 days, resulting in hike of approx 7%.

Morons can not provide stable data connection but want to hike rates.

WTF rates increased again !
I always do that 102 recharge and cannot exhaust the 300 MB also per month.
While BSNL etc provide you 1GB at 130 Rs or so.

WTF rates increased again !
I always do that 102 recharge and cannot exhaust the 300 MB also per month.
While BSNL etc provide you 1GB at 130 Rs or so.

Me and my brother too use same 102 recharge. However now if continued with same for 28 days one have to pay ₹136 for 400MB data. It would make sense to go for ₹147 recharge which has validity of 28 days and data bundled is 500MB.

Cant really get around to justify or make sense of the 21/28 days validity time period.
Apart from frustrating the customer and thus finally forcing them to choose more expensive of the plans.. Is there any other reason for these odd time periods..?

Cant really get around to justify or make sense of the 21/28 days validity time period.
Apart from frustrating the customer and thus finally forcing them to choose more expensive of the plans.. Is there any other reason for these odd time periods..?

It is like buy more expensive plan/pack and if you are staying on current we will make it impossible to live with it :rage: :mad:

For a vodafone Mumbai user, what are the options now, if not the 300 MB/21 Days/102 Rs ?
I am going to do some calculations before deciding which I will get from next time. Need to do the internet recharge after 5th June.
I am even ok with 2G recharge if it is better priced.

And these stupid operators want to bring LTE. I am sure they will start with 1000 Rs or more per GB plans, why ? Because it is LTE and faaaasssttt. FML.

For a vodafone Mumbai user, what are the options now, if not the 300 MB/21 Days/102 Rs ?
I am going to do some calculations before deciding which I will get from next time. Need to do the internet recharge after 5th June.
I am even ok with 2G recharge if it is better priced.

And these stupid operators want to bring LTE. I am sure they will start with 1000 Rs or more per GB plans, why ? Because it is LTE and faaaasssttt. FML.

For Vodafone Mumbai, 2G/28 days/1GB is Rs. 155 but I do not think it suitable for users like us. Best bet, IMO, will be 3G/28 days/500MB for Rs. 147.

Rs.102 recharge will cost Rs.136 for 28 days with 400MB data, so putting Rs.11 more and getting 100MB more makes sense. Usage needs to be adjusted along with the increased data limits.

I'm using the 250pm 1GB plan from a year. Even just browsing just two three sites will consume 500+ MB data within 15 days. No downloads at all. Every site is full of high bandwidth images and every page loads 100's of JavaScript or Ajax scripts. :mad:
I was thinking of getting a 450pm 2G only plan that gave 3 or 4 GB usage but 2G speed is like an tired snail crawling on grass. Feel frustrated with the lack of speeds wrt internet here.

I am Vodafone Mumbai user and my internet pack expired yesterday night. I am now trying to activate the 147 Rs pack by sending

ACT MI147 to 144

And I keep getting reply as

Hello, Your request could not be processed either due to non-eligibility or earlier request is in process or processed.

No idea why I am unable to activate the pack. I have sufficient balance as well.

I am Vodafone Mumbai user and my internet pack expired yesterday night. I am now trying to activate the 147 Rs pack by sending

ACT MI147 to 144

And I keep getting reply as

Hello, Your request could not be processed either due to non-eligibility or earlier request is in process or processed.

No idea why I am unable to activate the pack. I have sufficient balance as well.

Try to recharge via their website.

On one more note, they hiked rates of almost all packs. Earlier 30p call rate pack lasted 30 days. It is now 4 weeks. So again ~7% hike. B!tches had increased rates just two months earlier. Earlier ₹34 pack used to give 40p call rate but that pack was hiked to ₹49 just in April/May and now cut on validity.

Finally had to use vodafone.in on my mobile to activate it. It cut money from my main balance which is good.

Is not it costlier ? I mean say if we recharge with ₹100, we get ₹86 around. Now from this 86 charges of other packs are deducted. This is favourable if one recharges which provides atleast full talktime or more. Do correct me if I m wrong here.

Back