Airtel, Idea, Vodafone hike mobile Internet rates.

Is not it costlier ? I mean say if we recharge with ₹100, we get ₹86 around. Now from this 86 charges of other packs are deducted. This is favourable if one recharges which provides atleast full talktime or more. Do correct me if I m wrong here.

I do a full recharge always. Or many a times vodafone has offers which give more than the amount paid.

One more increase in rates. This is for Vodafone Mumbai. Now for ₹102 one still gets 300MB but validity is reduced to 14 days from 21 days; that's hike of almost 50%. In case of recharge of ₹147 which used to last 28 days is reduced to 21 days; translating hike of ~43%. Similar hikes are observed for failtel too. :mad::arghh:

One more increase in rates. This is for Vodafone Mumbai. Now for ₹102 one still gets 300MB but validity is reduced to 14 days from 21 days; that's hike of almost 50%. In case of recharge of ₹147 which used to last 28 days is reduced to 21 days; translating hike of ~43%. Similar hikes are observed for failtel too. :mad::arghh:

WTF is this. Why the lower validity. I am ok with using 500 MB data for a month but these stupid operators want me use in 21 days now.
Guys grab recharge offers from paytm / freecharge and such as much as possible to build your prepaid balance so we take less hit on this.

These guys have started mopping up the money to pay the interest on the big loans they had taken to buy 3G spectrum. And with the new auction for 2G spectrum coming up, the rates will go higher very fast.

Thank god i am with reliance cdma -350/- pm ,.1000 mins voice 100 sms, 2 gb evdo data

i am on reliance gsm, for 199 they give 600mins local + 199 sms + 50mb 2g data.. can't complain. I use Tata docomo for internet, they give 1gb for 15days at rs65.. And if you are lucky tata gives 750mb for 1month at rs38..

In Mumbai we only have Vodafone, Failtel, Reliance and MTNL/BSNL. Their service is already worst - have tried Vodafone, Reliance and BSNL roaming on MTNL. During my commute daily, almost for 50-70% of time I used to be without proper data connectivity; leave alone 3G or whatever G. Only if they could provide proper connectivity, I would have paid for all such hikes with little lesser agony.

In Mumbai we only have Vodafone, Failtel, Reliance and MTNL/BSNL. Their service is already worst - have tried Vodafone, Reliance and BSNL roaming on MTNL. During my commute daily, almost for 50-70% of time I used to be without proper data connectivity; leave alone 3G or whatever G. Only if they could provide proper connectivity, I would have paid for all such hikes with little lesser agony.

so true. even with full tower sometimes pages don't open on aircel 2g or tata edge. sometimes I get so frustated I bang my usb dongle on the wall.

i am on reliance gsm, for 199 they give 600mins local + 199 sms + 50mb 2g data.. can't complain. I use Tata docomo for internet, they give 1gb for 15days at rs65.. And if you are lucky tata gives 750mb for 1month at rs38..
In my office and home, we get a tower on Reliance/Tata Docomo SIM if we are lucky.

Here at UP(W) zone, using vodafone.Either they are in scheme mode or they have actually, have reduced the 3G rates from 248 for 1gigs to 156 for 1gigs (30days) :D.
And speeds here are mind boggling. During peak hours, i get 8-10mbps and normally it goes upto 15mbps :D

Connectivity is superb, even i get 3g in basements and every corner of my city. :couchpotato:

Here at UP(W) zone, using vodafone.Either they are in scheme mode or they have actually, have reduced the 3G rates from 248 for 1gigs to 156 for 1gigs (30days) :D.
And speeds here are mind boggling. During peak hours, i get 8-10mbps and normally it goes upto 15mbps :D

Connectivity is superb, even i get 3g in basements and every corner of my city. :couchpotato:

I too paid 176 Rs for 1GB for Vodafone 3G 28 Days just 2 days back. But I think vodafone does not separately advertise it. I got this only after i dialed *121#.

For mobile net Reliance cdma rocks...
Currently I am on 1 GB for each next 6 month for only recharge of 94...Also if you recharge for whole year plan it came to 1 GB data for 52 Rs per month...

Connectivity is superb, even i get 3g in basements and every corner of my city.

Such 3G connectivity would be in my dreams. Even if they provide 3.1Mbps sustained connectivity, I would be more than happy.

Back