Airtel implements caps on Unlimited plans.

i reckon other companies like tata will implement this type of policy soon and start to put caps on on unlimited plans...

i've already got a hint from tata employee few weeks back... he was not happy with high usage on the night unlimited prepaid plan..

i've switched to 256K UL BSNL since then...

One more point is to be noted. 256kbps(or above) plans fall under the broadband category while anything under 256kbps is not the broadband. So if they are reducing your bandwidth then it is purely the violation of TRAI norms of broadband. So a written complaint to TRAI will definitly do something.

PS:- I know this a lil bit rough idea but surrendering the connection will not make a big difference. Instead make a campaign in atleast in metros in which send hundreds of legal notice to them(similar to pink chadhdhi campaign).

^^ the worst part is if BSNL includes this ... then we will not be informed at all considering how well their "service" is ...... so voila.. one day u download the next day.. poof.!

Mass complains through whatever medium possible....

1. Call customer care and ask them about this so called 'Fair usage' policy and if the answer is affirmative, register a complain there. :mad: :mad:

2. Register a complain on this website under the 'Department of Telecommunications'

Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government

3. Write mails to their nodal officers and all the email ids (whatsoever you can catch hold of..irrespective of whether it is of their department or not). Spam their mail boxes with lots and lots of complaints :mad: :mad:

4. Blog about it....

5. Digg it (already done by Gaurish)... write comments on this

6. Spread the word...call / mail Mumbai Mirror / Mid-day (respective newspapers in your city) and tell them to write about it.

err the 512k and 1mbps home plus plans are back on airtel website and there is no mention of fair usage .. but a fishy statement at bottom

**Applicable only for Residential Customers with Single PC.

DCEite said:
I think its just a rumor.
We had so many 2mbps rumors at the start of 2008, i remember.\

Its not a rumor. Its a policy that has already been implemented.
So, it's true that the policy is in effect...:bleh:

^^ But not everywhere. Maybe they are just testing the customer's response. At least lets hope they are.

P.S: I'm sure I've downloaded more than 20GB this month, but I haven't been affected yet. (fingers crossed)

clown_abhi said:
Its not a rumor. Its a policy that has already been implemented.
So, it's true that the policy is in effect...:bleh:
Well it's not in effect in Delhi/NCR(as of now) otherwise the nodal officer would have known.

Checksum said:
^^ But not everywhere. Maybe they are just testing the customer's response. At least lets hope they are.

P.S: I'm sure I've downloaded more than 20GB this month, but I haven't been affected yet. (fingers crossed)

This policy will be applied to ur next billing cycle, not this cycle.:)

sahilm said:
How do you know?

I talked to the nodal office here in Bangalore through Customer Care. They are saying this policy is going to be implemented by every ISP.

And i am really pissed off at this...:mad: Well, till now, Sify has not implemented it so i am happy as of now...:)

Guys, if anyone has other ISP's connections, confirm with them whether they are going to implement fair usage policy.

rak007 said:
^^Good that you cancelled the connection.... everyone should follow suit. But not before :mad: :mad: the customer care guys. We know its not their fault and they are just zombies sitting in that 2 x 2 cube reading a dumb manual written by a 3 year old. But we need someone to vent our anger on...
Even i am thinking of calling the customer care and blasting them...although i do not have airtel broadband connection. Just for the heck of it... :eek:hyeah:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back