Airtel takes on JioFiber with new Xstream bundle broadband plans starting at Rs 499

Just got a message from Airtel :

Congratulation! Your Airtel Xstream Fiber plan has been upgraded to UNLIMITED DATA at no extra cost. Hence, the additional Unlimited pack @ Rs299 on your existing plan has been removed with immediate effect. Now enjoy UNLIMITED data at reduced rental. Thank You for being with Airtel.

Can someone tell me the pings you can get on COD Warzone with Airtel Xtream Fiber?
Largely depends more on where you are in in India and less on the ISPs (between act and airtel although they do still make a difference). Living in the south i'm blessed with low ping to singapore servers mainly around 40ms while if you live in the north expect double.

These new plans made me apply for Airtel..
I called them yesterday afternoon and the guy showed up for verification in the evening and I paid for 3 months upfront which waives off installation charges.
Today morning another guy came and did the wiring.. Later on one more guy came for activation but had some issues so he enabled the internet with some temporary ID and left..

There was no landline or the streaming box provided yet.. Do I need to specifically request for them to be installed?

Largely depends more on where you are in in India and less on the ISPs (between act and airtel although they do still make a difference). Living in the south i'm blessed with low ping to singapore servers mainly around 40ms while if you live in the north expect double.
Thanks, man. I am from Central India I currently have BSNL Fiber and I get 80 ms to Singapore servers. I hope the pings are better than this.

I called them yesterday afternoon and the guy showed up for verification in the evening and I paid for 3 months upfront which waives off installation charges.
Today morning another guy came and did the wiring.. Later on one more guy came for activation but had some issues so he enabled the internet with some temporary ID and left..

There was no landline or the streaming box provided yet.. Do I need to specifically request for them to be installed?
You have to go to their DTH centre to get streaming box with upfront payment of ru. 1500. You have to make arrangement for your own land-line.

Assuming you understand Hindi..

Both of them are to be bought by you. The latter would require a 1500 refundable deposit, making it effectively free but there are several caveats. I'd advise against buying it if you only want a streaming device as you won't be able to use any of the apps without the mandatory DTH subscription. The deposit would only be refunded after a year, which could also be used against settling any obligations you may not meet in the course of one year including the dth subscription. You'd effectively be paying the amount for only using their services and then some more. One look at their Terms & Conditions would tell you how much of a mess it really is.

Both of them are to be bought by you. The latter would require a 1500 refundable deposit, making it effectively free but there are several caveats. I'd advise against buying it if you only want a streaming device as you won't be able to use any of the apps without the mandatory DTH subscription. The deposit would only be refunded after a year, which could also be used against settling any obligations you may not meet in the course of one year including the dth subscription. You'd effectively be paying the amount for only using their services and then some more. One look at their Terms & Conditions would tell you how much of a mess it really is.

Thanks for this info. Will avoid it then..

As for the phone, you need to connect your landline phone to the ONT device.

Can someone tell me the pings you can get on COD Warzone with Airtel Xtream Fiber?

I get around 50-60ms in Warzone, I have their 40 Mbps plan (copper) but I get 80-90 Mbps down for some reason, not that I'm complaining.
It should be much lower on fiber.

You just need to connect the phone to the modem with a RJ11 cable (the regular telephone cable). You can do it yourself.

That was all it needed indeed.. Thanks again!

Overall pretty good experience so far. Speeds are consistent and pings are better compared to ACT. Hope it holds up similarly in the future too...

Attachments

• screenshot-mail.google.com-2020.09.20-13_04_05.png
    screenshot-mail.google.com-2020.09.20-13_04_05.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 132
1500 deposit for the box, I believe. Also need the box to view OTT content.
If they are giving box as complementary with new connection now, it would be unfair to those who got the box by paying 1500.
Or may be they are getting back to their old customers with plans like these.

past one year i was on 1499 plan + GST, now I have moved to 999/- 200 mbps plan and saving close to 400 bucks now

actually surprised that Airtel has come up with such good tariff plans..

Jio is pretty bad near my home in bangalore. Act and Airtel work well. Is airtel router also heavily locked down like jio?

nope almost all Airtel routers/modem have bridging option and u can connect any WAN Router of your choice.
I have done the same, I have a Huawei modem provided by airtel nd I have connected Asus router, working flawlessly

nope almost all Airtel routers/modem have bridging option and u can connect any WAN Router of your choice.
I have done the same, I have a Huawei modem provided by airtel nd I have connected Asus router, working flawlessly
Thanks, I would rather go with airtel than jio, jio blocks too many websites unnecessarily.

Back