Airtel Xstream Fiber Experience (Direct Cities)

It is still 499 + GST as per Airtel website.
I meant this.
Screenshot_20221024-101556_Airtel.jpg

I was having terrible time watching any videos on twitter & reditt without a VPN on my last connection and that has been mostly been sorted on Airtel but of late it has been plaguing me again although not as severely as before but the videos buffer quite a bit and downgrade in quality. Any one else facing this ?
If video is taking a long time to start then you may try a different DNS like 1.1.1.1. Although bad DNS shouldn't cause buffering but see if your experiment improves.

If video is taking a long time to start then you may try a different DNS like 1.1.1.1. Although bad DNS shouldn't cause buffering but see if your experiment improves.
Errrm... this just reminded me that I'm using dns.adguard.com as my DNS in phone but this may not be a reason since videos on twitter/reddit work perfectly fine on mobile data and/or VPN. Will do some shuffling and report.

Errrm... this just reminded me that I'm using dns.adguard.com as my DNS in phone but this may not be a reason since videos on twitter/reddit work perfectly fine on mobile data and/or VPN. Will do some shuffling and report.
This was just a temp issue that I faced. All good with superb reliability of the connection & equipment for the first month. So happy to get a reliable connection in tier 2/3 city outskirts :)

Posting this as there is a disruption due to a technical issue. They did inform me an entire day before that there will be a disruption. Got my connection a few months back when I moved to Pune. I paid for the annual subscription of 100Mbps. Got some discount as well. The installation was done on the next day and took about 2 hours in total. They asked me to install the Airtel Thanks App (Why do they call it that?) to make any changes like password and stuff. As for the router, its the default Airtel Xstream Router (White with 2 horns). The wireless range is not that great. My previous ISP had a lot of random outages and sometimes it would take 12+ hours to get it fixed. But with Airtel, today is the first time I've faced any kind of outage.

Has anyone noticed higher latency with Airtel broadband in Bangalore these days? Also, if Airtel offers you this Airtel mesh network, say no. their mesh router extensions are very bad.

Hi, do torrents and vpns work in airtel fiber?
Yes, they do.
Some torrenting websites are blocked so you gotta browse them using VPNs but native bittorrent protocol/downloading works without VPN.
So once you have the magnet link/torrent file you can download without issues.

Yes, they do.
Some torrenting websites are blocked so you gotta browse them using VPNs but native bittorrent protocol/downloading works without VPN.
So once you have the magnet link/torrent file you can download without issues.
I am planning to switch from bsnl actually, hence weighing various options.

Switched to Airtel Fiber (with dth for extra 100 rupees)...
Getting around 220-250 Mbps for 200 Mbps plan...
The router they have given is branded "DASAN" with Made in India tag. The settings page opens fast and seems to have some advanced options as well.
Sometimes speed just becomes around 50Mbps for few secs. Could be either router issue or airtel issue.

Is anybody using telephone with airtel fibre? Just want to know if it's worth getting it.

Switched to Airtel Fiber (with dth for extra 100 rupees)...
Getting around 220-250 Mbps for 200 Mbps plan...
The router they have given is branded "DASAN" with Made in India tag. The settings page opens fast and seems to have some advanced options as well.

Is anybody using telephone with airtel fibre? Just want to know if it's worth getting it.
Yes I am using telephone with airtel it's quite good.
Also can you confirm if you have taken 1099 + tax plan? Do you have to pay extra for set top box. Which channels are available on it? Site says 350 channels, some.other place it says rs.350 worth channels, quite confusing.
I am currently on 799 + tax plan ,and plan to upgrade to 999+ tax or 1099 +tax ( with set top box and all)

We are using it.. Mom is mom so she loves it. Long talks with relatives are comfortable for her with the telephone. Ours is a Phillips wireless one.
I see. Earlier I was using bsnl fiber, I once borrowed my friend's old basic telephone and connected it to fiber router. Whenever we tried calling, there was interference with internet somehow.
Hope you are not facing such issues with airtel.

Yes I am using telephone with airtel it's quite good.
Also can you confirm if you have taken 1099 + tax plan? Do you have to pay extra for set top box.

I have taken the 1099+tax plan. I paid for 3 months in advance as the technician said no installation and dth charges if I pay that way. But in a hurry I paid that money to technician guy instead, so have to see how billing comes. Didn't pay any extra for set top box, got the android+dth set top box.

Which channels are available on it? Site says 350 channels, some.other place it says rs.350 worth channels, quite confusing.
I am currently on 799 + tax plan ,and plan to upgrade to 999+ tax or 1099 +tax ( with set top box and all)

This was the most confusing part for me, and I plan to ask about it in broadband forum or something.
The dth technician added our local language plan. In airtel app it shows 0rs. plan 380 channels, in airtel web it shows 330rs. something. But I don't understand whether we can add more channels for the same or if it costs extra. DTH installation guy too wasn't sure about this.
After 1st billing, I will try to experiment if I don't get any answers here or other forums.

Let's see if someone here can clarify this.

But I don't understand whether we can add more channels for the same or if it costs extra.
Extra channels: Extra money. Adding channels is easy, just a click of a button while you are on the channel. You can manage channels via the Airtel app easily as well.

Anyone tried it behind pfsense or if Airtel allows connecting via pfsense + existing router?
Have not tried with pfsense, but using my own router (Asus AC68U) by putting the modem (router provided by Airtel) in bridge mode. Try broadbandforum, people there might know more.
Which channels are available on it? Site says 350 channels, some.other place it says rs.350 worth channels, quite confusing.
I might have added a few (definitely less than 10) over the 1099 pack, but here is what it shows on airtel.in
Screenshot 2022-12-20 184121.jpg

Hope you are not facing such issues with airtel.
No issues in calls whatsoever. Feels just like calling via VoLTE mobile.

Extra channels: Extra money. Adding channels is easy, just a click of a button while you are on the channel. You can manage channels via the Airtel app easily as well.

Well, that's the confusing part. How can I make sure that I am already using the 350rs/350 channels? It was super easy in tatasky.

I might have added a few (definitely less than 10) over the 1099 pack, but here is what it shows on airtel.in
View attachment 154948

Well what does it show when you click on dth details and dth plan?

Below are the screenshots, where it shows different thing in app and web for me.

Attachments

• www.airtel.in - 20-December -18.49.png
    www.airtel.in - 20-December -18.49.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 90
  • www.airtel.in - 20-December -18.54.png
    www.airtel.in - 20-December -18.54.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2036.jpg
    IMG_2036.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2037.jpg
    IMG_2037.jpg