Airtel Xstream Fiber Experience (Direct Cities)

thanks, I've also checked on JIO fiber. 1337 is working rarbg is blocked.
Initial impressions are good for this JIOfiber, they installed within 2 hours after applying online. Currently on test plan 150mbps.
All working as expected but this navy blue coloured router sucks, 5GHz is available within just 2 meters. 2.4Ghz range too isn't great like my asus rt n12hp router.
The moment I move to other room barely 4 meters with 1 wall in between it switches to 2.4GHz. I've renamed both 2.4 & 5ghz as same SSID, am I doing something wrong here ?.
I am also expecting my new Asus TUF Ax5400 today, so may be I can try wired backhaul or something.
A bit OT but surely I may need some help configuring this Jio router with new router.

thanks, I've also checked on JIO fiber. 1337 is working rarbg is blocked.
Initial impressions are good for this JIOfiber, they installed within 2 hours after applying online. Currently on test plan 150mbps.
All working as expected but this navy blue coloured router sucks, 5GHz is available within just 2 meters. 2.4Ghz range too isn't great like my asus rt n12hp router.
The moment I move to other room barely 4 meters with 1 wall in between it switches to 2.4GHz. I've renamed both 2.4 & 5ghz as same SSID, am I doing something wrong here ?.
I am also expecting my new Asus TUF Ax5400 today, so may be I can try wired backhaul or something.
A bit OT but surely I may need some help configuring this Jio router with new router.
Their CPE is rarely good. Apparently with the 1gbps Airtel connection they give some 6 antenna router. They will have to ensure that delivers a very strong signal else customers will cause issues.

The ZTE router I was given is pretty poor too..few meter away n its pretty weak. With the bedroom door closed it's worse.

I wonder if any vpn even provides torrent services for membership given it hogs their resources. Never had experience with paid. For free, Proton won't allow. Maybe @puns can comment on which paid vpn he gets tto download torrent.

I wonder if any vpn even provides torrent services for membership given it hogs their resources. Never had experience with paid. For free, Proton won't allow. Maybe @puns can comment on which paid vpn he gets tto download torrent.
try cloudflare warp. It's not a true VPN but it does unlock most of the torrent websites and doesn't barr from downloading. You get to use full speed of your connection.

Last edited:
I did change my dns to cloudwarp on laptop since airtel's dns was acting wierd. But still the same. Does warp app does anything special? I might give it a try.

I did change my dns to cloudwarp on laptop since airtel's dns was acting wierd. But still the same. Does warp app does anything special? I might give it a try.
Yes. I don't understand exactly what it does differently but yeah it's totally different than just setting your dns to 1.1.1.1

It also partially covers your IP. I'm from Pune but if I start it, it'll show I'm in Mumbai.

I use TOUCH VPN free extension for brave browser and it works most of the time.
Torrent sites are working fine with both Airtel and Jio Fiber for me by using Goodbyedepi.

what's this ? it may take time to read this but if you can provide a quick insight.

Simply run the file. It disables deep packet inspection. Works fine for most sites.
For others, 1.1.1.1 vpn.

I use NSSM to run goodbyedpi with option 3 which works the best for me on Siti Cable.

The advantage of NSSM is that you can run goodbyepi as a Windows service which runs on startup.

1635611244756.png

I use NordVPN and it goes upto 10 MB/sec on my Raspberry Pi with torrents.

Even with Goodbyedpi torrents are never that fast on my Windows machines as my ISP messes around with local peer discovery which Airtel is bound to do as well.

With everything that's going on lately getting a quality/trusted VPN is becoming a most needed thing nowadays. Any good offers going on for any such VPN? heard Proton VPN is very good, that so?

With everything that's going on lately getting a quality/trusted VPN is becoming a most needed thing nowadays. Any good offers going on for any such VPN? heard Proton VPN is very good, that so?
Strictly for privacy reasons, take a look at this.

Otherwise, just for Netflix and region unblocking reasons, get something with max regions and servers. Tons of options but not very trustworthy(comparatively, no vpn is 100% trusted).

I use NSSM to run goodbyedpi with option 3 which works the best for me on Siti Cable.

The advantage of NSSM is that you can run goodbyepi as a Windows service which runs on startup.

View attachment 118575

I use NordVPN and it goes upto 10 MB/sec on my Raspberry Pi with torrents.

Even with Goodbyedpi torrents are never that fast on my Windows machines as my ISP messes around with local peer discovery which Airtel is bound to do as well.

Thanks !

I rarely use GBDPI though nowadays. All downloads are via Premiumize - torrent to https. Ensures 55-60 MBps on a 500 Mbps connection.
Most torrent sites also have proxy domain access.
I use GBDPI to access stupidly blocked sites like subscene etc. :D

Back