Airtel Xstream Fiber Experience (Direct Cities)

I use GBDPI to access stupidly blocked sites like subscene etc. :D
Man that pissed me off so much when they started blocking subscene of all things.

The reason that I don't use VPN all the time is that I have to go through Captchas a lot more during normal browsing with VPN which makes sense as the sites see my requests coming in from a shared node.

Man that pissed me off so much when they started blocking subscene of all things.

The reason that I don't use VPN all the time is that I have to go through Captchas a lot more during normal browsing with VPN which makes sense as the sites see my requests coming in from a shared node.
what is GBDPI ?

I have both jio fiber and airtel fiber. City location bhubaneswar. I don't care much about the speed because for me anything above 150mbps is enough , I care more about the quality and jio fiber seems to be the best. I mostly play apex legends and airtel fiber routing seems fc..ked up. I get 270ms on Amsterdam servers which default should be 170ms which I get on jio fiber .

I have both jio fiber and airtel fiber. City location bhubaneswar. I don't care much about the speed because for me anything above 150mbps is enough , I care more about the quality and jio fiber seems to be the best. I mostly play apex legends and airtel fiber routing seems fc..ked up. I get 270ms on Amsterdam servers which default should be 170ms which I get on jio fiber .
Because in Bihar, Odisha and parts of West Bengal (such as mine) are under LCO model. This is the reason I couldn't keep their connection, which was otherwise fantastic in respect of speed. Downloading torrents was a breeze, but then I noticed the awful pings to European and Singapore servers, and even to Mumbai. As a CS player it was out of the question to deal with that shite. Switched to Jio Fiber, and pings were fine enough. But they had their own problems, especially the cunning throttling. So moved back to Hathway for the time being, only with the hope that airtel routing will be fixed in near future and the moment that happens I will be going back to them.

Can you share the things that Jio Fiber used to do?

I am asking in case I need to switch my ISP.
For me it was just extreme throttling while downloading torrents. For same torrents airtel would max out at their 40 Mbps cap (actually they provided 45 to 50 Mbps) but Jio wouldn't go beyond 30-40 Mbps on their 150. For direct downloads or streams it shouldn't be a problem though, this is only for those like me who heavily depend on torrents.

Thanks !

I rarely use GBDPI though nowadays. All downloads are via Premiumize - torrent to https. Ensures 55-60 MBps on a 500 Mbps connection.
Most torrent sites also have proxy domain access.
I use GBDPI to access stupidly blocked sites like subscene etc. :D
I tried this Gbdpi and it works good but sometimes it doesn't work for me.

Since last 5-7 days I don't need any VPN, proxy or any extension, can access all sites.
What I did is just switched to Google DNS server for both IPv4 and IPv6. :)
I am on Jio fiber 150mbps plan and easily get 15-17MB/sec on torrents.

Since last 5-7 days I don't need any VPN, proxy or any extension, can access all sites.
WTH... Jio just has a DNS blocker?

I am very surprised to hear they don't do DPI.

Doing this GoodbyeDPI, only effects PC or it helps circumvent on other mobile devices as well like phones/ipad etc?

Can you share result of speed test here post GBDPI?

Thanks!

Doing this GoodbyeDPI, only effects PC or it helps circumvent on other mobile devices as well like phones/ipad etc?

Can you share result of speed test here post GBDPI?

Thanks!
Yes it's windows based program, this gbdpi will not work on android or ios.
speed results are almost identical post gbdpi.

How do you switch to google DNS?

How do you switch to google DNS?
Manually enter IP address for google DNS server.
Changed for both IPv4 and IPv6.
I am sure you're using jio too, so if this works for you too kindly confirm.

0.jpg1.jpg

The Google Public DNS IP addresses (IPv4) are as follows:
The Google Public DNS IPv6 addresses are as follows:
  • 2001:4860:4860::8888
  • 2001:4860:4860::8844
enter these as I've shown in above pic.

Guys, I am getting this Airtel Fiber installed today, opted for 200mbps plan.
Already using Jio (150mbps) since last 2 months, jio subscription is valid till 28th Jan.
I'll be comparing both side by side, specially latency.
Let me know if anyone wants anything specific which can be compared as I'll using both Airtel and Jio this month.

Compare the router performance of both, if you can. I am assuming that they will give you a local branded router which is similar to what Jio provides. But if you get a Nokia or a Huawei then no point comparing. Both of the latter models clearly have an upper hand over Jio routers.

Compare the router performance of both, if you can. I am assuming that they will give you a local branded router which is similar to what Jio provides. But if you get a Nokia or a Huawei then no point comparing. Both of the latter models clearly have an upper hand over Jio routers.
Surely I'll try and I wish for a Nokia router though they may provide their own (so called local).

Back