AliExpress banned and is no longer an option in India - what other options exist ?

Digigear

Disciple
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but it has finally happened. AliExpress has been banned!

As of ~28th Nov, the AliExpress app cannot be found on the play store and the website won't open. For those who had previously had the app installed on the phone, it will work but won't load images or anything. The interface seemed restricted. While both the site and the app are still accessible via a VPN gateway, as of 30th Nov, you can no longer place orders to Indian addresses. AliExpress just shows a message saying "Due to local conditions, this order could not be processed" on the checkout page, just before payment.

I got a message about my Black Friday order that it has been cancelled because shipments from China have been blocked, according to the seller. The logistics operator won't accept shipment orders destined for India, is what I was told.

So there we have it folks, the cheapest way to get stuff you can't get in India is now sealed for us.

I'm not so interested in having a political discussion here. I'm more interested in discussing what other options exist.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but it has finally happened. AliExpress has been banned!

As of ~28th Nov, the AliExpress app cannot be found on the play store and the website won't open. For those who had previously had the app installed on the phone, it will work but won't load images or anything. The interface seemed restricted. While both the site and the app are still accessible via a VPN gateway, as of 30th Nov, you can no longer place orders to Indian addresses. AliExpress just shows a message saying "Due to local conditions, this order could not be processed" on the checkout page, just before payment.

I got a message about my Black Friday order that it has been cancelled because shipments from China have been blocked, according to the seller. The logistics operator won't accept shipment orders destined for India, is what I was told.

So there we have it folks, the cheapest way to get stuff you can't get in India is now sealed for us.

I'm not so interested in having a political discussion here. I'm more interested in discussing what other options exist.
Certainly not the right place. There is a general thread on AliExpress where this is the current topic of discussion.

Can we start a thread for Alternatives to Aliexpress ? Like where People can post what they are looking for and forum members can help out if there is anything (possibly to Member's Local area).

I can see Indiamart as another option but they dont display retail price and if you add your mobile number to their site, you will be spammed with calls with hardly anyone interested in Retail qty..

4VBYqdym.jpg

Can we start a thread for Alternatives to Aliexpress ? Like where People can post what they are looking for and forum members can help out if there is anything (possibly to Member's Local area).

I can see Indiamart as another option but they dont display retail price and if you add your mobile number to their site, you will be spammed with calls with hardly anyone interested in Retail qty..

Can continue using this thread for alternatives to Aliexpress :)

There's really no other alternative like aliexpress.

I was still able to order die cast car through one seller after asking him to let me pay through PayPal bypassing aliexpress, so let's see how it goes.

What about banggood ? I haven't used it personally but I have seen couple of WTS threads with folks selling stuff bought from banggood.

What about banggood ? I haven't used it personally but I have seen couple of WTS threads with folks selling stuff bought from banggood.
A lot of stuff that I used to buy on AliExpress like IEMs and electronics that you get for cheap on AE are not available on Banggood. The latter is very restricted on affordable items.
There's really no other alternative like aliexpress.

I was still able to order die cast car through one seller after asking him to let me pay through PayPal bypassing aliexpress, so let's see how it goes.
The seller that I was talking to said that the logistics operator won't accept the shipment because the routes are closed apparently. So it's not necessarily the payment that is the issue, but rather the shipment. But if your item comes from other locations like Malaysia or elsewhere, maybe you could have luck.

You may get some of the items from eBay by selecting Worldwide shipping, which mostly includes the Chinese sellers. The range of items is quite limited but it is better than nothing.

You may get some of the items from eBay by selecting Worldwide shipping, which mostly includes the Chinese sellers. The range of items is quite limited but it is better than nothing.
Forget the range, AE was all about the competitive pricing at which those items were available. It had both the range and they were all dead cheap, the most competitively priced at least. eBay, even if it managed to offer the stuff we're looking for, cannot manage to offer the VFM factor that AE excels at. *sigh*

was gonna order some parts for my SFF build now it is ruined fkkk
Don't worry, by the time we are able to manufacture that stuff on our own, technology would have evolved so much that your SFF build would be soooo much more superior to what you can manage to get right now. :p

by the time we are able to manufacture that stuff on our own,

It is at least 5 - 10 years, given that steady growth NO Religious Violence/ Riot, No NPA, No Land Problem, Implementation of Economic/ Bussiness Zones, Tax heavens etc,

by the time you move on with your life and you defiantly don't need the product what you desire now.

It is at least 5 - 10 years, given that steady growth NO Religious Violence/ Riot, No NPA, No Land Problem, Implementation of Economic/ Bussiness Zones, Tax heavens etc,
5 - 10 years is a REALLY optimistic estimate for competitively priced high end electronics, that too in niche areas like custom PC builds. If improvements are to be seen in the competitiveness of the local manufacturing in this segment, I would estimate it to be definitely over 10 years. Maybe 15 - 20 years knowing how things work here.
by the time you move on with your life and you defiantly don't need the product what you desire now.
Yes, this being the land of spirituality, we will much more easily learn to deal with the absence of material opulence than manage to manufacture things we barely need XD

Seems its working now...
Nope. You can even put it in your cart and go all the way to the payment confirmation page. It's only when you click on "Pay now" that you get shown a message that the order cannot be processed. Check out the screenshot below.

Q1Gd1Ok.png

Back