Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

...I would think it is wise to charge duties on landing instead.
Custom duties are still collected at the time of delivery in UK. Not sure about VAT being collected by seller.

Previously, I had custom duties charged for a $20 item that was overvalued at Mumbai customs. I raised a complaint in the portal, the assessment guy called me, apologised and refunded the custom duty out of his own pocket as it was an under warranty replacement. So the complaint system works at least if rules are not followed.
Do you have an account of this posted anywhere to read? I had to return something abroad for a warranty claim and I got charged customs for the replacement as they considered it to be new. Luckily the defective item came back to me as it was refused by the destination country since it didn't have bill (how am I supposed to issue a bill for that), so I can at least use its parts for spares.

Else I would request you to post a new topic for everyone's benefit on making international warranty claims without paying customs twice.

It's such a stupid system. My brother is in UK and anything imported outside from UK has VAT around 10% deducted at the source
VAT is 20% though. AliExpress adds this to the checkout process if the shopping cart is below £135. If the cart is above £135 no VAT is added at the source and buyer is liable for VAT + customs duty (though it's only 0-5% for most of the common items). But yeah, almost everything reaches UK in 2-3 weeks max.

Read an article just the other day about the UK VAT deduction. The Chinese sellers list residential addresses in UK for deduction, make UK buyers pay the VAT and never credit it, so the tax demand goes to people living at those addresses and the sellers just pocket the VAT. Considering this kind of exploitation, I would think it is wise to charge duties on landing instead.
It's pretty funny https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-65205520

Custom duties are still collected at the time of delivery in UK. Not sure about VAT being collected by seller.

Do you have an account of this posted anywhere to read? I had to return something abroad for a warranty claim and I got charged customs for the replacement as they considered it to be new. Luckily the defective item came back to me as it was refused by the destination country since it didn't have bill (how am I supposed to issue a bill for that), so I can at least use its parts for spares.

Else I would request you to post a new topic for everyone's benefit on making international warranty claims without paying customs twice.
It was from a Chinese seller on eBay. I had asked one component to be replaced which cost about $5 and instead the seller sent the full package of around $15-20. Customs evaluated it at $30 or something and then charged nearly 1k as duties.

I raised a complaint, stating overvaluation and the fact that it was a replacement. The assessment guy called me and said that he takes the responsibility for the wrong valuation and for not noting that it was mentioned as a warranty replacement on the package, after which he transferred the duty amount over GPay, probably to close the complaint quickly.

I would assume that in general for high value products, they would apply the duty any way, at least for items for China, since no on believes what the sellers mention on the package in terms of content, condition or price.

does aliexpress ships to india these days?
i used to order some cheap electronics back in 2018-19.
some people here have managed to get some items shipped from AliExpress by directly contacting the seller on AliExpress and asking them if they will ship.
You can try. People are still managing to get.

some people here have managed to get some items shipped from AliExpress by directly contacting the seller on AliExpress and asking them if they will ship.
You can try. People are still managing to get.
didnt k.ow this was possible ,will have to try this.
how does this work?
will the website show shipping available after talking with seller or do we pay them through some other way?

It appears that Aliexpress.com has started shipping to India. Please check.

It took me till payment/CC page unlike before.
80-200 rs ,electronics here i come.
i just tried buying something on aliexpress, turns out they wont let you purchase during payment , tried both cc amd paypal.
i get the message
"your acc is deactivated plz login and logout again"

Last edited:
Hi,
I have tried contacting several sellers on AliExpress. All enquiries lead to nowhere and I have lost all hope. It is either from a Chinese seller on eBay or his own independent site that works. AliExpress is of no use any more from what I have seen after lockdown. Any suggestions friends?

Hi,
I have tried contacting several sellers on AliExpress. All enquiries lead to nowhere and I have lost all hope. It is either from a Chinese seller on eBay or his own independent site that works. AliExpress is of no use any more from what I have seen after lockdown. Any suggestions friends?
Try Alibaba.

Ok, I will try that. Would be helpful if you could shed some light on your experience if any. How’s the shipping? Like AliExpress or just DHL/FedEx.

I have also ordered multiple items in alibaba, you can ask the seller for a single item also and the shipping was through fedex for 40USD for 4kgs and it was really fast!
But its not straightforward as AliExpress used to be.

I have also ordered multiple items in alibaba, you can ask the seller for a single item also and the shipping was through fedex for 40USD for 4kgs and it was really fast!
But its not straightforward as AliExpress used to be.

Boss 40USD for 4Kg kaise? That is $10 USD per Kg which is less than what many freight forwarders charge. Also how was customs as that 40USD doesn't include customs so. But with Fedex I guess customs is a guaranteed thing right?

Boss 40USD for 4Kg kaise? That is $10 USD per Kg which is less than what many freight forwarders charge. Also how was customs as that 40USD doesn't include customs so. But with Fedex I guess customs is a guaranteed thing right?
If classified as cargo or freight, the Customs procedures will apply. Anything small enough to classify as a courier is generally delivered direct without the Customs malarkey. This has been my experience.

If classified as cargo or freight, the Customs procedures will apply. Anything small enough to classify as a courier is generally delivered direct without the Customs malarkey. This has been my experience.
The 40 USD price you say was mentioned on alibaba page or you negotiated with the seller? If on that page, can you link the page once.

Back