Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

What type of items did you order?
Total cost of the itema that you received in the end?
Which courier service was used - China mail/Singapore post?
1) Book Cover for Galaxy Tab S 10.5 , 2 bags & 3 Jackets (size of the Womens jackets were small they write XXL but you get a L only )
2) Total 160$ approx
3) China Post
Regards
JJ[DOUBLEPOST=1421394518][/DOUBLEPOST]
What card do you guys use to buy stuff for Aliexpress? My SBI VISA debit card was rejected!

I am Using a Citibank Credit Card works perfect
Regards
JJ

ICICI works because some visa debit cards come with international transactions activated or if not you can call your bank and activate international transactions.
Regards
JJ

50% duty!!!
That just destroyed the deal :(

Has anyone imported PCB's and Single board computers like the RPi from abroad? Any idea about the duty in that case?

This happens because the product price is more than Rs.2500/-. Plus any items coming from China falls under Anti Dumping laws.

This happens because the product price is more than Rs.2500/-. Plus any items coming from China falls under Anti Dumping laws.
Can you show the relevant notification to this effect ?

Anti Dumping Duty Notifications of Customs in year 2014

i see dvd-rw, CFLs, vitamin c (?) and a big load of various chemicals but no tablets.

have never heard of such a high duty, the highest i think i came across was 36%.

should ask for the breakdown. Bear in mind duty is calculated on the basis of landed cost ie

cost of the item + shipping + any insurance + assuming no violations in the declaration which would attract fines.

That last bit a customs officer told me happens often.[DOUBLEPOST=1421619898][/DOUBLEPOST]
If its marked as a gift of which 2k is the upper limit.
Want to update this.

http://www.cbec.gov.in/js-menu/imp-gifts.htm

is now 5k.

Last edited:
Which post service did the seller use?
Normal China Mail or Hong Kong Post or Singapore Post?

Sorry for answer this question after a long time.
These were shipped through China Mail.

I bought few items in Dec last year.
Amazingly, the fastest delivery was through china mail unregistered post.
Yes, it was faster than HK registered post.

Though you don;t get tracking ID with unregistered mail, but it was like, china to delhi in 10 days!

hi, i have orderd a phone from aliexpress via Swiss Post....
I just want to know that who brings the parcel to our doorstep, the government postman or some kind of courier service???

hi, i have orderd a phone from aliexpress via Swiss Post....
I just want to know that who brings the parcel to our doorstep, the government postman or some kind of courier service???
If u choose any postal service it will through india post. Otherwise the courier selected

Today received my first fake from aliexpress; a xiaomi USB light.
The seller had listed it as 100% original xiaomi product, but it turned out to be some copy.
Going to raise a refund claim.

^there was nothing illegal posted earlier. The advice was went like this: Do 'X', so that chances of customs will be less.

The 'X' was never illegal.

Back