Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

Mod Note:
Evading customs duty is illegal. Please refrain from discussing the same here.

No parcel sent through postal services / couriers can evade custom deptt.
In fact each and every packet is sent to customs deptt and only after customs releases that packet, Indian post / courier company delivers it.
One of my packets, was even cut open by custom deptt to check if it contained the same mobile phone as declared (I had paid advanced custom duty for that mobile).
Its entirely upto the custom deptt to charge the duty for the content of the parcel or not.
They have complete powers for checking a parcel, increasing/decreasing/exempting the duty and even imposing fines.
If the parcel is routed through official channels, we don't have any method of evading the duty.

Has anybody ordered t-shirts, there are few nice ones are available at good price is it worth to order them through china post. There is no other option other than fedex which is very expensive

i had ordered an USB DAC on aliexpress. later i realised it was a wrong one and requested the seller to cancel the order. i was told they try to recall the DAC [it was already in 'Shipped' status] and i can open a dispute after 5 days of 'Shipped' date. i followed the same and requested for full refund.
throughout the entire period, seller was very cordial and helpful in resolving the case over chats and replied to every offline message of mine. i am impressed and have placed the order for a different DAC with the same seller now! :)

I have ordered a phone($82) from aliexpress!!
Now latest tracking says exactly as follows:
Send items to customs (inb)
Return item from customs (inb)
Send item to domestic location (Inb)

So, what percent are the chances that i will be charged by customs if yes then how much maximum!!!!
And When should i expect it at my door!!!
Thank you!!

I have ordered a phone($82) from aliexpress!!
Now latest tracking says exactly as follows:
Send items to customs (inb)
Return item from customs (inb)
Send item to domestic location (Inb)

So, what percent are the chances that i will be charged by customs if yes then how much maximum!!!!
And When should i expect it at my door!!!
Thank you!!

Should i pick it up from my local post office or wait for the postman!!!
As i live near postoffice!!!!

What if we order clothes or fabric items from Aliexpress? Does that as well attract customs?
Also I read somewhere that now they accept Debit card payments as well so has anybody tried that?
Please let me know so that I can go ahead and order something.

What if we order clothes or fabric items from Aliexpress? Does that as well attract customs?
Also I read somewhere that now they accept Debit card payments as well so has anybody tried that?
Please let me know so that I can go ahead and order something.
I used icici bank debit card(VISA) and it worked for me........

Is it advisable to buy Mi products from Aliexpress? I was thinking of getting the Mi Band. It is almost impossible to get it in the 1st sale in India (only 1000 units). But there are so many fake Mi products.

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 4.46.37 pm.png
so, when should i expect it at my door!!!

Back