Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

Has anyone ordered anything in the zone of $90-$100 from AliExpress recently and has it come through without customs duty being charged?
Its all random and based on luck. I ordered a dashcam for around 50$, came through standard shipping(spore post) and charged around 1.5K as duty :( But at the same time some other people who ordered dashcam of worth 100$ has not been charged.

Its all random and based on luck. I ordered a dashcam for around 50$, came through standard shipping(spore post) and charged around 1.5K as duty :( But at the same time some other people who ordered dashcam of worth 100$ has not been charged.

Thank-you for your reply but I have a few questions...

Did the postman come with your product and at the point of delivery collect the duty from you?

Did you get any call or notice from the Post Office prior to delivery that your shipment has been charged Customs Duty?

Did the seller mark your shipment at $50 on the package or did he undervalue it to a lower amount?

Thank-you for your reply but I have a few questions...

Did the postman come with your product and at the point of delivery collect the duty from you?

Did you get any call or notice from the Post Office prior to delivery that your shipment has been charged Customs Duty?

Did the seller mark your shipment at $50 on the package or did he undervalue it to a lower amount?
Yes the postman will come and collect the duty charged, You will also get that receipt for it.

No, They will not call u if ur package has been charged. You will only get a notice if they are detaining the shipment stating the reason.

where are you located ? i was looking for a dashcam too

Yes seller undervalued to around 12$. But this happens for most of the items bought it aliexpress. As i was suggesting, if you get a option of getting it from banggood like sites, its better to get it from there as its quicker to reach and no custom duty involved.

where are you located ? i was looking for a dashcam too
I'm in Bangalore. Though its OT, this is my experience about dashcams and may be useful for others.

Now ordered one more dashcam :) So far its my 3rd dashcam in the last one year. First one was, G1W based one. It had good video quality, but other problems like losing timestamps and falling off very often as the suction mount is not good. So i was looking for wifi and 3M adhesive mount based camera. My choice was ddpai mini 2 and Blueskysea b1w. Rejected ddpai as it had a negative feedback of restarting on its own during recording. This is going to be problem if its restarting during an incident. So got the B1W, but my bad luck even that had restarting issue especially during summer it was restarting very often. So basically what i understood is, these kind of very small/compact dashcams has this restarting issue due to over heat and it does not have capablity of dissipating the heat efficiently due to its size. Especially hot countries like ours, its not at all preferable. So was looking for another dashcam as i do longer drives very often and lots of people has good feedback for viofo a119s, but it does not have wifi :( and costs more than 100$. So finally ordered xiaomi mijia dashcam... hopefully this would be good. lets see.

Yes seller undervalued to around 12$. But this happens for most of the items bought it aliexpress. As i was suggesting, if you get a option of getting it from banggood like sites, its better to get it from there as its quicker to reach and no custom duty involved.

I'm in Bangalore. Though its OT, this is my experience about dashcams and may be useful for others.

Now ordered one more dashcam :) So far its my 3rd dashcam in the last one year. First one was, G1W based one. It had good video quality, but other problems like losing timestamps and falling off very often as the suction mount is not good. So i was looking for wifi and 3M adhesive mount based camera. My choice was ddpai mini 2 and Blueskysea b1w. Rejected ddpai as it had a negative feedback of restarting on its own during recording. This is going to be problem if its restarting during an incident. So got the B1W, but my bad luck even that had restarting issue especially during summer it was restarting very often. So basically what i understood is, these kind of very small/compact dashcams has this restarting issue due to over heat and it does not have capablity of dissipating the heat efficiently due to its size. Especially hot countries like ours, its not at all preferable. So was looking for another dashcam as i do longer drives very often and lots of people has good feedback for viofo a119s, but it does not have wifi :( and costs more than 100$. So finally ordered xiaomi mijia dashcam... hopefully this would be good. lets see.

After getting the Xiaomi dashcam, do open a thread with mini-reviews on all the dashcams you have used, will be good information for many people.

Got shipment from China Post Air Mail, total time taken after order was 15 days and the shipment was much more neat and clean compared to dusty Gati shipments.

For me at present China post is the fastest shipping among the non-priority shipping in Aliexpress. I have ordered quite a few few things recently and some of them were shipped using China post some using SG post at the same time. Consistently I got faster delivery from China post.

I'm hunting for a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System. The prices on AliExpress are quite low from $36-$45 while Bangood is in excess of $55.
The earlier post on lightning quick delivery by Bagood is making me check for alternatives because AE's 1 month+ and custom hassel is a pain.

Does HDFC netsafe work on Ali express? , i just placed an order using it, it says verifying payment.

works without problem.
no issues with refund also.[DOUBLEPOST=1527233446][/DOUBLEPOST]Shocked!
Banggood.com asking for Adhaar & PAN numbers during payment.
I was ordering a 3D printer kit.
Didn't complete the payment.
Really feeling disturbed :-(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-25_12-54-45.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-25_12-54-45.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
works without problem.
no issues with refund also.[DOUBLEPOST=1527233446][/DOUBLEPOST]Shocked!
Banggood.com asking for Adhaar & PAN numbers during payment.
I was ordering a 3D printer kit.
Didn't complete the payment.
Really feeling disturbed :-(

You can Pay using PayPal, I always use PayPal wherever there is an option. Even if you don't have a PayPal account you can still use PayPal gateway.

does PayPal gateway accept vcc?
any issues with refund through through gateway?

I have my credit card linked with PayPal since last 10 years, have never used a VCC, so don't know much about them. But there should not be any problem, it is just like any gateway.

Back