Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

"Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner" LOL - maybe you have to fire up MS PowerPoint to explain things.

Got my Mi Band 2 today. had to go all the way to the post office as these postmen won't deliver to my office address.

He indeed undervalued to $7. No customs charged :)
Please give us a short review after using it for a few days. I am looking to buy this one.

Guys,

I bought two items for my RN3 from aliexp, pack of 6 matte screenguard and a back cover, from different sellers, amounting to ~$5.

this was more than 30days back. The promised number of days for delivery for one has run out and i have filed for money return. I am pretty sure that this will be the case for the other as well.

FYI, the items were sent out using unregistered mail. my address is in Pune.

going through the thread, i see people have received their bought items well within time. I have been making enquiries at the local post office for any such parcels that may be ignored, but they say no such parcels have come yet.

any idea what might be holding up the deliveries apart from the things getting lost, or getting nicked by the generous customs office/post dept?

Looks like I've been charged customs :(

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 12.48.07 PM.png

Looks like I've been charged customs :(

View attachment 66030
Anything declared above Rs.1000/- (`$15) is bound to attract customs duty. I make sure to text the seller that he mentions value as 5$ on the package. Now this wont include anything that carries a battery viz. Mobile, Camera etc. For rest products its easy to avoid customs.

If anyone from Mumbai wants to track their package, I have few numbers of mumbai customs which can help you in tracking your package. Most of the times you wont be able to see tracking info in Indian Customs website.[DOUBLEPOST=1470396054][/DOUBLEPOST]If you can provide the tracking info and the seller, I "might" be able to help.
Guys,
any idea what might be holding up the deliveries apart from the things getting lost, or getting nicked by the generous customs office/post dept?
[DOUBLEPOST=1470396752][/DOUBLEPOST]Just few images of the orders and delivery status. I think aliexpress is reliable. But I would not take any mobile from aliexpress for sure :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 239
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 224
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 223
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Got charged 3000 rs as Customs (approx) on a product that costed 4900 :O

The seller had declared value as 20$ and they opened it to check what product it was. I didnt accept it.
Now how do i challenge this ? They charged about 42% Customs

The seller had declared value as 20$ and they opened it to check what product it was. I didnt accept it.

Had it been at Bangalore Customs, I'd have helped you for sure. Well if you feel you've been wrongly charged, you can write to them regarding incorrect evaluation of import duty and address it to the Assistant Commissioner of Customs (ACC). Contact the nearest foreign post office for further details.
Sometimes, on scrutinising if they find that the seller has intentionally declared the value incorrectly, then your product may get confiscated.

Rubbish. Thats too high. You can ask customs people to refund. They will. But again, is your 3k more valuable than the time you will waste in getting the refund from customs. I say no.

If you can then reject the item. Ask them to revaluate it via the post itself.

Rubbish. Thats too high. You can ask customs people to refund. They will. But again, is your 3k more valuable than the time you will waste in getting the refund from customs. I say no.

If you can then reject the item. Ask them to revaluate it via the post itself.
Can you elaborate a bit on rejecting and how to ask them to revaluate?

what was that product?

I'd link you to customs india website but its down so let me tell you what I remember.

If you find that duty levied against your product is unfair, you can appeal to customs officer asking him to take a second look at the product. you can get the form to appeal from http://www.cbec.gov.in which is down right now unfortunately.

but if I remember correctly, you first have to pay the duty imposed and then appeal. If the customs officer finds that your item has indeed been wrongly judged, he might apply new duty and refund you the difference.

what was that product?

I'd link you to customs india website but its down so let me tell you what I remember.

If you find that duty levied against your product is unfair, you can appeal to customs officer asking him to take a second look at the product. you can get the form to appeal from http://www.cbec.gov.in which is down right now unfortunately.

but if I remember correctly, you first have to pay the duty imposed and then appeal. If the customs officer finds that your item has indeed been wrongly judged, he might apply new duty and refund you the difference.
It was a wintel TV box. Basically a small NUC like PC.

Back