Camera All newbie/starter entry level DSLR information

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^

It must be... :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Just saw the price for a more than a year old 450D body....atrocious.

your price is better. GET IT. stop thinking. :D

17k for the used 450D body only is a good price for me...

55-250mm IS is also a 100% VFM lens..

get both the things

bargain for the combo to 23k least ;)

TechHead said:
So Sony has put out a notice stating that the A55/A33 tend to overheat when doing video for more than 20 minutes.
Something to watch out for.
Well the time limit is still the same as mentioned during the launch 29min without the IS and 9 min with IS.Sony claims to have put the limit since APS-C sensor heat up.
nikon D5000 can't shoot more then 5min and canon 7d get heat warning anywhere from 10 to 15min.

The sony NEX-VG10 which has the same sensor as the A33 and A560 and NEX3/5 shoots for far longer but mysteriously is immune to heating?

29min limit is mostly due to the european tax structure,since if the camera is shoots at 30min then its classified as a camcorder.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

harish_21_10 said:
Anyone else here using Sony A330?

Dpayne and BF1983 and many others have used similar models with the same sensor or similar features,so might want to ask them.
Are youe getting a new A330 for that price or is it used,i saw a deal in ebay for a A230 for 19k brand new with the kit lens.

adder said:
Dpayne and BF1983 and many others have used similar models with the same sensor or similar features,so might want to ask them.

Are youe getting a new A330 for that price or is it used,i saw a deal in ebay for a A230 for 19k brand new with the kit lens.

Its an old one. 10months old, but was bought from USA so no warranty. The sellers asking price of 20k is for the camera+18-55mm lens+external flash, very basic+Sony alpha Bag some UV filters and 4GB memory card.

The price is not final though. Its the price tag of it thats making my decision making difficult.

m-jeri said:
D3100 == D5000 ??... or D5100 soon?
Well at moment the D5000 replacement is the D3100,perhaps later on we will see a D5100 with a plastic body,16mp sensor as found in D7000 with same auto focus module as D3100 and a pentamirror.

adder said:
Well at moment the D5000 replacement is the D3100,perhaps later on we will see a D5100 with a plastic body,16mp sensor as found in D7000 with same auto focus module as D3100 and a pentamirror.
Just like how D5000 took something from D60 some from D90 and got a birth... :hap2:

Guys, I was made a tempting offer.

Sony A330+18-55mm+50mm for 23k

The other offer is of 450D+55-250mm for 24k

Most of the members have adviced me against Sony, but is it that bad?

harish_21_10 said:
Guys, I was made a tempting offer.
Sony A330+18-55mm+50mm for 23k
The other offer is of 450D+55-250mm for 24k

Most of the members have adviced me against Sony, but is it that bad?
Well there is nothing wrong with Sony .but as you already know its high ISO performance isn't has good as the canon.
But its best to ask the person who have used them Dpayne and BF1973 both started using the Sony entry level DSLR cameras before going to the more expensive Advanced Sony dslr.

I have been PMing them both and they say 450D is a better deal. The reason of me still keeping A330 as an option is coz of the price. Maybe also coz there are too many Canons and Nikons out there :)

I was trying look for Sony A500 online but couldnt find it on eBay or Smarshoppers, where can I find one and what would be its price?

Sony doesn't sell anything other then entry level models in india currently,i doubt there are too many used ones.
But i to feel the 450d is a better deal.Since the A330 is nothing but a A230 with a swivel screen,one used to get a new A230 for 19k with the 18-55 lens.

Hmmm...I shall finalize the 450D deal then I guess. But the camera will be shipped to be and hence I wont be able to check the same in person before buying. What things should I clarify before I pay for it?

Guys...the 450D seller seems to have disappeared. Havent replied to my mails since past couple of days. Not sure why.

Now I wonder if I would even get that 450D :(

Anyways, I have come across another offer. Its Canon 1000D body for 12k, purchased Dec 2008 and shutter count told to be around 3k. Hows the deal? You think its a good idea to buy a 1000D?

dude.. where do you find these deals man .?? ?.. on the BST section here ?? .. please let me know as i am also considering buying a good second hand system on or before diwali or 1000D it is post diwali

^^

lol...I found all three on Flickr...if you interested then I can send you the contact details of the sellers, but thats after I decide on one for myself :p

EDIT: You can also check out BPC and JJMehta for more deals

Hi Guys,

Please suggest me how this deal is: I Year..used Canon 50D with 18-200mm IS (canon) lens, with 1 year canon India warranty for 55K. I'm almost tempted to buy it. Please let me know if this is a good deal.

Thanks,

Ravi

^^Yes

I'm confused in choosing between a used 50D or new 550D? i am not bothered about video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back