OC & Modding All things SFF

Wow, I didn't expect this much traffic! I've never actually built an ATX system. I started off with a surplus Dell Inspiron with an i5 4440 to which I added a Corsair CX450, Crucial MX500, and a Galax 1650 Super. This was in 2020 after the first wave and just before the market started going haywire. I'd spent some leisure time playing Max Payne 3 on a work laptop with a 940M at 20 FPS during the lockdown and felt I could do with some more grunt. My first complete build was in the NR200 which I grew to appreciate more with every build iteration (houses my current build). Massively capable, brilliant compatibility, and easy to modd. I wanted something smaller though and ended up buying a Dan A4. Spent way too much money getting the case, parts, custom cables etc. Building in it was a challenge and joy and I have some regrets selling it on. It also looked b**ching on my desk.

I don't have much time to game etc. and there are very few that I can get into these days. I love the hardware though and find a lot of joy in the build process. The goal is to be more than just someone who can screw some hardware together. I'd like to be able to design and 3D print my own parts, create my own cables, learn to be handy with power tools, and generally 'level up'. Won't lie, I've thought about putting some effort towards learning these skills and starting a side-hustle in the domain of custom builds. Optimum Tech and NFC Systems have been a huge inspiration for me. Just need to stop procrastinating and get to it..

I've lusted after the T1 but decided against it thinking the NR200 is all the case I need (which it is). I'm getting the itch to test a new case though and am eyeing the Dan Case A4 H2O. It's reasonably priced (as far as premium SFF cases go) and seems to be custom loop friendly. If I end up get it, I'll also haemorrhage some money on a slim radiator, quick disconnect fittings, a SFF friendly res-pump combo. Also very interested in the HDPlex 400 AC-DC unit but it remains OOS and hard to get.

Might have to get some therapy for my addiction at some point..

I'm currently running nr200 and have enquired for formd t1 new version. Let's see how it goes.
I'd love to get my hands on one too, but the potential import duty kills it.
If this case is available in india and in stock with price being justified like nr200, then definitely I'm in.
Pricing is $115 for the version with the gen3 riser and $155 for the one with the gen4 riser:
Also, for those with the Ampere FEs: https://www.dan-cases.com/downloads/a4h2o_founders-guide.pdf

If this case is available in india and in stock with price being justified like nr200, then definitely I'm in.
IIRC it has aluminum panels right? Then won't be cheap.

Anybody here considering this case? Or am I the only fool looking to part with my money?
The design is great, and the layout is fantastic for that super specific kind of build. It's as efficient as it gets, and thermals are nice, despite CPU being exhaust.

Interesting case, though with each new release I increasingly appreciate the NR200. Also good to see another SFX PSU added to the mix of limited options. Platinum rated efficiency at that.

Last edited:
I have looked at this reasonably priced option for some time so will leave this here -
Reviews appear to be favourable -

I have looked at this reasonably priced option for some time so will leave this here -
Reviews appear to be favourable -

Back