OC & Modding All things SFF

Has anyone here had experience with the NZXT H1 V2 case been lookin forward to it but recently realised of the aio goes bad ill be screwed. I've heard about many problems with the aio in the V1 would like to know if anyone had problem with the V2 aio and what you guys did to resolve it

We know better than most that mrp is a made up thing but it is always crazy to see haha:

IMG_20230222_091704-01_PerfectlyClear.jpg

The beginnings of a 10GbE NVMe storage server (mini-itx for scale):

IMG_20230222_092040-01_PerfectlyClear.jpg

I'll probably have kids in school by the time this project is done (this was an impulse purchase on emi)

Thanks for the heads up @coconutchairjasmine

We know better than most that mrp is a made up thing but it is always crazy to see haha:

View attachment 161128

View attachment 161129

I'll probably have kids in school by the time this project is done (this was an impulse purchase on emi)

Wow congrats! , so tempted, how long did the package take to arrive and was the outer box, really badly damaged?

Wow congrats! , so tempted, how long did the package take to arrive and was the outer box, really badly damaged?

Yeah, I don't understand the description — it would be a stretch even for someone who has a bank balance larger than a phone number to say the packaging was damaged enough to warrant a discount. I don't understand rich people's tantrums since everyone alive today played outside barefoot at some point in their childhood.

The discount is more likely because the case only fits dual slot cards and most high end 4000 series won't fit.

The case is packaged in a brown cardboard box with a white cardstock sleeve. The sleeve was dirty in some places, had random tape pieces stuck to it and one of the edges had an inch long tear. The cardboard box itself was not damaged. Neither was anything inside. It was shipped wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap, cushioned with old newspapers and placed inside a larger cardboard box. It's a light enough case and Blue Dart handled the package well enough that there was no damage to the second, outer box.

Ordered it Sunday morning, it was out for delivery yesterday afternoon but I was asleep so redelivery was this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20230222_102851_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    IMG_20230222_102851_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20230222_102901_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    IMG_20230222_102901_PerfectlyClear.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 125
Yeah, I don't understand the description — it would be a stretch even for someone who has a bank balance larger than a phone number to say the packaging was damaged enough to warrant a discount. I don't understand rich people's tantrums since everyone alive today played outside barefoot at some point in their childhood.

The discount is more likely because the case only fits dual slot cards and most high end 4000 series won't fit.

The case is packaged in a brown cardboard box with a white cardstock sleeve. The sleeve was dirty in some places, had random tape pieces stuck to it and one of the edges had an inch long tear. The cardboard box itself was not damaged. Neither was anything inside. It was shipped wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap, cushioned with old newspapers and placed inside a larger cardboard box. It's a light enough case and Blue Dart handled the package well enough that there was no damage to the second, outer box.

Ordered it Sunday morning, it was out for delivery yesterday afternoon but I was asleep so redelivery was this morning.
Thank you for the detailed description, what components do you plan on housing in it. Must control urge.

I wanted to switch to Node 202, but that would require me to change my Wraith Spire cooler and shift to M.2 storage + 1 2.5 SSD (Currently using 2 SATA SSD and a 2 TB HDD). Since I would have to shuffle a lot of things I held it off.

I think the same issues apply for Ghost S1 as well. Also, Node 202 seems more portable than Ghost S1, would that we correct to assume?

View attachment 161128

View attachment 161129

I so much wanted this case but already my sandwich case from taobao is a heater and apparently sandwich cases are not good choice for FE cards.
Screenshot_2018-09-20-22-19-09-049.jpg
I wanted to switch to Node 202, but that would require me to change my Wraith Spire cooler and shift to M.2 storage + 1 2.5 SSD (Currently using 2 SATA SSD and a 2 TB HDD). Since I would have to shuffle a lot of things I held it off.

I think the same issues apply for Ghost S1 as well. Also, Node 202 seems more portable than Ghost S1, would that we correct to assume?
In my eyes, ghost is more portable as it's a proper box shape. Node seems bit more longer and rectangular (i guess) like a pizza box, so seems bit tough to carry around in luggage

This is a build I've been meaning to post here for a while.

This is extremely tiny, just the width of the motherboard and about 100mm longer for the fans and the front panel. 115mm tall, including the feet. The top of the fan is only 2.5mm from the inside of the top lid (which has perforations for air).

I do need to move the power supply further away.

Application is digital transport for an audio system. Runs Daphile (dedicated audio OS). Basically a 5600G with HT disabled to keep power consumption down, will also try disabling cores to find the correct balance. Currently OS is running off a pendrive, have only recently freed up a M.2 drive for it for migration. Daphile allows migration within the main OS and no cloning software is needed for the move.

Pretty quiet except when upsampling to DSD, where it emits an audible thrum when the lid is closed due to the case vibration. It's better with the lid off, so I need to track down the source of case vibration. Airflow is a bit iffy because there's no real way around the RAM, but CPU maxes out at 65C with the Noctua LH-9A. The case was never designed for this sort of heatload, so there's that.

Motherboard is the Asrock B550 ITX with 16GB of 3200C16 Corsair LPX (no other memory will fit). Power supply is a Pico-PSU clone - 160W claimed capability, sourcing DC from a Meanwell LRS 200-12. Both the Pico PSU and case were imported directly before the current block on imports from China. The case was bought in 2010, and the PSU in 2016 sometime.

Attachments

• P_20230311_185116_1.jpg
    P_20230311_185116_1.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 149
  • P_20230104_160428.jpg
    P_20230104_160428.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 142
  • P_20221129_192822.jpg
    P_20221129_192822.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 145
Hi, this thread had been dormant for long time. It's time to come back from dead

Any idea on making our own case? I was always searching for ghost Alternative with atleast 3 slots support. There are lot in taobao but man they have extreme shipping. Hoping here someone knows how to design and make these cases so they are not that heavy on wallet. I do think there is demand for these cases, and the extreme costs seems very unfriendly for the wallet. Wanted to know the feasibility and material which can be used for these.

I did explore that option a number of times. It might be feasible if you have access to a CNC cutter and work with bamboo wood or balsa (or aluminum if you have the cash - it'll work out more expensive than importing one), or a 3D printer if you don't mind the plastic.

There's also acrylic cases, but you have to accept it looking like junk after the first wipe.

Hi, this thread had been dormant for long time. It's time to come back from dead

Any idea on making our own case? I was always searching for ghost Alternative with atleast 3 slots support. There are lot in taobao but man they have extreme shipping. Hoping here someone knows how to design and make these cases so they are not that heavy on wallet. I do think there is demand for these cases, and the extreme costs seems very unfriendly for the wallet. Wanted to know the feasibility and material which can be used for these.
If you're interested Josh from NFC has shared a new case on his YouTube channel called the NFC 4TF (Search on YT you'll find it) which has parts that can be 3D printed and acrylic panels which you can get laser cut.

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

If you're interested Josh from NFC has shared a new case on his YouTube channel called the NFC 4TF (Search on YT you'll find it) which has parts that can be 3D printed and acrylic panels which you can get laser cut.

View attachment 169983
View attachment 169984
View attachment 169985
The above case is nice but my current parts don't fit it

There is this case called k1 which can be 3d printed and needs lots of parts but surprisingly it's very customisable at least on the spine side, very similar to formD t1. I wish I had resources to get it and print that as that looks one of the perfect cases. Also has like lot of iterations for larger cases.

Was actually looking for case with 3 slots and sandwich style which doesn't cost a fortune. Till s400 kinda ticks all the boxes but shipping is costly af

Nice. Any reason for P1000 instead of T1000 ?
I had bought the P1000 at the peak of the crypto craze for transcoding 16 camera feed @ 1440/25 with motion detection and it is only now that I have found a home for it. Incidentally I also have a A2000 that I was saving for a handheld gaming device(custom build) which as well is lying in it's box since. A RTX 3060 12GB is also an option which can fit this case. Still contemplating things. Do you think that a poll is due :p ?!

Back