AM5 and Ryzen 7000 News

1660971224994.png

I think AMD 7000 series will be dead on arrival looking at the price. Raptor Lake will eat it alive.

Intel is also going to increase CPU prices. They themselves says that in a press release.
Also AMD will probably launch non x SKU to decrease price difference.
But Intel will also have more cores at every price point and AMD's pricing in India have been poor historically.

But Intel will also have more cores at every price point and AMD's pricing in India have been poor historically.
Yeah, 13900k is assumed to be 24 cores and not 48 HT but 32. So it will have 8+16 P cores and E cores. The one benchmark where Intel may not be able to beat AMD is Heat and Power consumption. AMD has mastered their craft now. Even if they amp up the Power draw, we know that their CPU's will not heat-up that much. I am sure that they will not touch the 90's.

Eh? No, once it's balanced out by a competitor it's fine actually. Also don't forget Zen and Zen+ had pretty amazing price to performance ratio from day0 and it was only because they were near bankruptcy. If it wasn't for Ryzen's success there would be no AMD today and Intel would be still selling a 4c/8t CPU and calling it a flagship.

It was only after zen2 onwards prices sucked because AMD had established themselves and were now looking to profit.

Ryzen 7950 X : $699 16C / 32T 4.5GHz base frequency 5.7GHz turbo 170W
Ryzen 7900 X : $549 12C / 24T 4.7GHz base frequency 5.6GHz turbo 170W
Ryzen 7700 X : $399 8C / 16T 4.5GHz base frequency 5.4GHz turbo 105W
Ryzen 7600 X : $299 6C / 12T 4.7GHz base frequency 5.3GHz turbo 105W

These are really competitive prices. With Intel back in the game, looks like AMD is going back to its strategy of delivering better valued products.

Thanks to 5nm fab, Zen 4 draws up to 62% lower power when compared to Zen 3 when performance is the same and delivers 49% more performance when drawing same amount of power.

The packaging and the CPUs look really ugly though.

Hmm, the whole PC lovers are in a longtime wait, for the barrier/bottle neck communication speed between the CPU, BUS, and RAM, that will be broken when the CPU operates at the speed of 5.0 Ghz base frequency and the RAM probably DDR5 will be communicating at the speed of 5Ghz, illustrating the Bottleneck broken is a great achievement since the year 2000!! and when all these act happen at the less cost of WATTS usage, that makes it more sweeter than ever, that will be my LAST PC BUILD before i give up on PCs, a life well lived for a human being!!

Could it be AM5 or Intel 13th/14th gen??!! will get either one of them!!

add now the communication speed of HDD(50MB/Sec) as it has become NVMe M.2 ssd Pcie4 or 5 (7.xx GB/sec) , INTERNET speed hitting 5G, and the wifi are at 5Ghz, so we are in the best of times!! enjoy and experience when we get it!! perfectly!!

...and also giving it a cooling time like an year until it gets issueless!! so 2023 will be an year of big achievements!!

Thanks to 5nm fab, Zen 4 draws up to 62% lower power when compared to Zen 3 when performance is the same and delivers 49% more performance when drawing same amount of power.
These power draw claims remind me too much of Nvidia style BS. Efficiency is claimed to have improved a lot but actual power draw moves up significantly. The claimed efficiency improvement needs to be validated for real world use.

Better to wait for reviews, but I think the i7 12700 will outperform R5 7600X in multicore performance and will be cheaper overall because of DDR4 RAM. SC perf & gaming are yet to be seen, but 7600X can be better there.

For budget gamers, it seems like i5 13400 launching next year will be the next-gen upgrade, again AMD is not interested in the budget segment.

BTW, do those CPUs have an iGPU now?

And 62% more performance with 47% better energy efficiency compared to intel.

1661845813503.png

Looks like numbers are similar but opposite when compared to zen3

1661845940624.png

Last edited:
Back