AM5 and Ryzen 7000 News

In 2 weeks from now, we will know about the exact performance. Then in another month from that, we will know about which one is the better among the two. I am not planning to wait till 5 or 6 more months. DDR5 prices will come down and so will be the prices of the CPU. #acche din aa gaye.

Will we have chip shortage again this year when 7000 hits the stores? I remember in 2020 end the prices were soaring for both the old ones and the newly launched 5000 chips

Some one on reddit said that they asked local retailers on sp road Bangalore and they said 7600x can have the local price of 28k-30k.
I came to almost the same starting price using (299X80) and then adding 18% (Rs 28225) so that seems about right.

Will we have chip shortage again this year when 7000 hits the stores?
The hope is that the chip shortage will not repeat. No proof, of course . Reasons :
1. Covid keeps coming in China, but less than earlier.
2. Due to sudden work from home, everyone was buying some hardware or the other 2 years ago. Now with offices open, they are not buying even what they would have bought, some are even selling.
3. ETH PoS merge seems well on the way, so GPU mining is not a big deal. Crypto crashed anyway, so that is another reason for less mining.

AMD is dead at these prices in India for sure. 13400F will decimate this 7600x.
I won't say that you are right or wrong. I found the 12400F very appealing price wise compared to the 5600 and 5600X.
Im still very happy with ZEN 3 its still way overkill for most end users. I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon, even if the 13400F does decimates the 7600X.
My 5600X is even faster than this and boosts to 5025Mhz. I agree that AMD does need to be more competitive with their pricing to maintain or increase market share.

ZenTimings_Screenshot 497ns 2.png
cachemem 497ns.png

CPUZ 5600 4950Mhz 690 Crop.jpg

I won't say that you are right or wrong. I found the 12400F very appealing price wise compared to the 5600 and 5600X.
Im still very happy with ZEN 3 its still way overkill for most end users. I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon, even if the 13400F does decimates the 7600X.
My 5600X is even faster than this and boosts to 5025Mhz. I agree that AMD does need to be more competitive with their pricing to maintain or increase market share.

View attachment 144867View attachment 144868

View attachment 144870
i presume, wise ones will get to upgrade by giving an year for the new release to get matured, the timespace gives revelation of critical failures or bugs that might decimate the investment or simply Proves to be a worthy investment .. i think the same about 5600x, itsa overkill for gamers, but then it depends on the flavour, like 4K gamers vs Full HD gamers ;) :p.. i would say 5900x with a good combo GPU Might fit the bill for 4K gaming!! but it is still under debate after watching the following video, 5600x n 3070 4k Gaming , so it drills down to GPU upgrade, if at all 4070 series performs well for 4K gaming, people might think thrice for an upgrade with 7600x, if at all people take 3 yrs for the upgrade, they might jump straightaway to 9600x, if at all such release happens in future!! IMHO. An exception would be like if there are 2600x and 3700x users still pondering about the jump, might take it to land into 7000 series LA LA land..

5600x is a Gem!! but 7000 Series release could side-effect induced reduction of price over 5900x, eventually will replace 5600x, despite 5600x stands tall in my heart coz 6C/12T is more than enough for Gaming in 4K!!

Last edited:

View attachment 144867View attachment 144868

View attachment 144870
Wow man
5600X boosting to 5025Mhz is great while my processor only boosts to 4600Mhz. How should I do to achieve your type of boosting?

Wow man
5600X boosting to 5025Mhz is great while my processor only boosts to 4600Mhz. How should I do to achieve your type of boosting?
It was achieved using a program / app called Project Hydra. You need to have a good Air cooler or AIO in order to reach and maintain higher boost clocks.
It can be a bit complicated to use at first. Its best to watch a few YT videos on how to use the software and read the pdf instruction file.
Tuning the CO (Curve optimiser) can take a while.

5600X 5025MHz CPUZ 700 ST HWINFO64 FULL.jpg

Last edited:
It was achieved using a program / app called Project Hydra. You need to have a good Air cooler or AIO in order to reach and maintain higher boost clocks.
It can be a bit complicated to use at first. Its best to watch a few YT videos on how to use the software and read the pdf instruction file.
Tuning the CO (Curve optimiser) can take a while.

But it will draw more power out of the socket right. So no for me. I am planning to undervolt and thereby reduce my temps and boost my clock marginally. Thats all.

Any how you achieved great results. Keep it up. I am in a different bandwagon as I use an Air Cooler only.

Will we have chip shortage again this year when 7000 hits the stores? I remember in 2020 end the prices were soaring for both the old ones and the newly launched 5000 chips
Ghanta shortage. With Ethereum away from GPU Mining you will soon see influx of used GPU and then NVIDIA/AMD has to clear old stock to make way for the new one. Now there is no chip shortage, whatever it was and who-so-ever wanted to mint money, they already did so.

Ghanta shortage. With Ethereum away from GPU Mining you will soon see influx of used GPU and then NVIDIA/AMD has to clear old stock to make way for the new one. Now there is no chip shortage, whatever it was and who-so-ever wanted to mint money, they already did so.
Indeed. I am done with my upgrade though. Next step for me is Meteor Lake / Nuvia based laptop to replace my primary workstation.
Undervolting is the way to go now. If 90% performance can get you much lower power and heat then what else do you need? 90% perf of these chips is still top tier.
Thanks for sharing a site that I now know has BS content.
It's actually true that these Zen4 chips run very hot out of the box. Look at the ES chips. Undervolting is a saner thing to do now a days. https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7000-cpu-undervolting-signficant-thermal-power-performance-headroom/

Last edited:
My 5800X would hit 90 degree threshold in few seconds when I run cinebench. Undervolting is the way to go for all zen 3 top tier CPUs. The same would apply for zen 4. Those who are going for top tier CPUs better get a proper cpu cooler and know how to undervolt.

Back