AM5 and Ryzen 7000 News

This 52k should have been during the covid times with semiconductor shortage and high demand? Not a right reference. 7950X as per USD prices (even with current rate of 83) should be around 47k where as it is 58K here. So it is better than covid times but not where it is supposed to be
in what world do you live in to do direct comparison for products from $ to ₹ :p do it for ₹100 to ₹120 for conversion rate. its as same as whats true for apple products in india. I have only seen Nvidia price with some what proper conversion rates ...

This 52k should have been during the covid times with semiconductor shortage and high demand? Not a right reference. 7950X as per USD prices (even with current rate of 83) should be around 47k where as it is 58K here. So it is better than covid times but not where it is supposed to be
Americans don't typically include tax in listed price, Indians do. So e.g. California outside Los Angeles are charged 7.25%, including that the US prices translated to rupees are closer to 52k.

Other than that, even Canadians and Europeans complain that direct exchange rate comparison with US prices including tax, is unfavorable to them. So most of it is not specific to India.

Americans don't typically include tax in listed price, Indians do. So e.g. California outside Los Angeles are charged 7.25%, including that the US prices translated to rupees are closer to 52k.

Other than that, even Canadians and Europeans complain that direct exchange rate comparison with US prices including tax, is unfavorable to them. So most of it is not specific to India.
You are right about the direct comparison between India and US currently. But it has been in the past comparable for products such as processors, hard disks sometimes even lower in India. Now it has degraded
in what world do you live in to do direct comparison for products from $ to ₹ :p do it for ₹100 to ₹120 for conversion rate. its as same as whats true for apple products in india. I have only seen Nvidia price with some what proper conversion rates ...
In the same world where there was a time for mass products such as processors, harddisks they were same are cheaper or comparable in India compared to US rates.

You are right about the direct comparison between India and US currently. But it has been in the past comparable for products such as processors, hard disks sometimes even lower in India. Now it has degraded

In the same world where there was a time for mass products such as processors, harddisks they were same are cheaper or comparable in India compared to US rates.
I am talking about the usd to inr stuff. not talking about product demand and supply. No idea when it was cheap? I remember buying dd2 rams for around/same price ratio to what I am buying dd4. the capacity have improved and so is the performance and even if we add inflation, its good. as I said, Nvidia pricing is very near to usd to inr but amd is always way off like apple. can't do anything on the same :p

I think AMD expected their competition to push a high price and were always willing to go this low. Intel could quite possibly have launched more expensive if am5 hadnt.

Saw the 7950x selling for 58k and 59k online.

1669697110002.png

Seems like AMD is feeling the pressure. If only the Motherboard prices also drop for AM5 !

On launch day, b650 motherboards were going for 22k or more, now 2 are available online for just over 17k. Only PCIe Gen 4, but that should be fine. 16 GB X2 RAM with frequencies of 6000 were available for over 20k, with no EXPO availability. Now EXPO is available for 17.8k. 7600x was just over 28k, now just over 24k.

So minimum reasonable AM5 has become about 10k cheaper than those days - 60k instead of 70k. Maybe more to go.

Zen 4 CPU prices fall dramatically, Ryzen 9 7950X is now down to $554

I usually do not prefer to just share a copy and paste of any news, so checked this around the Indian reseller.

Being sold for 58,499

Being sold for 59,149

Cheapest - 57,975

Maybe till March we will see a price drop across retailers and it will sell for around or under 55k.

But it will suck more power and heat-up a lot, unless AMD has found a solution to control it. Just check the Temps/Power Consumption of 5800x (65 Watts) vs 5800x3D (105 Watts).
5800X boosts higher & gets hotter than 5800X3D from what I heard, draws upto 145W vs 5800X3D going upto 125W.

Back