Other [AMA] Airpods Pro 2

Has anyone tried the CCA CRA? Seems to be very popular and posts on Reddit say it's better all around than the Blons while being cheaper. It would be great if someone can share how it compares to EarPods or Airpods Pro Gen 1 in terms of sound quality. I'm looking to try out an entry-level IEM before getting something more expensive for portable use.

Agreed. I heard a lot of qc complaints on amazon and headphonezone for Blons...Hence did not yet buy the Blons and instead got Earpods for a while.

So Blons and moondrop chu sound almost same??
Chus sound slightly better, based on what I read (I do not own Chus). The reason I picked Blons over something like Chus (that have similar or slightly better audio quality) is for simple reason:

Most of these Chi-Fis have QC issues and if the cable is not detachable, you end up with buying new pair just coz the cable is broken. With Blons or similar IEMs with detachable cables, I only have to buy a new cable and continue using the same IEM. You can further explore similar ones like KZ ZSN Pro X.

If you want to buy the blons, you will end up in buying Spinfits as the stock tips are just not good (material/seal).

Bl-03s are heavy as the build is made of metal. You can feel the weight when you hold these buds. Each bud is heavier than the AirPods Pro 2 bud though AirPod Pros house extra electronics for ANC and battery. With the added weight, keeping a seal strong needs materials that can hold on to your ear. Better material costs more and I believe blon wanted to keep the price under 2k, to compete with other Chi-Fi products. Cable and tips are where Blon has cut corners (had to, given how cheap these are). Remember that, when there is a good seal, the audio quality gets that much better. In-ear headsets are useless without a good seal. I burned my fingers when I purchased apple’s wired in-ear headset (iPod Nano days) and had to give it away as it would barely stay in ears. Btw, my new CP100s arrived about 30 minutes ago and the difference in seal is huge. I had to keep on pushing stock tips for that seal, every few minutes. I used CP100 for few songs and not even once I had to adjust the seal.

If you are going with Blons, be prepared to customise it.
Has anyone tried the CCA CRA? Seems to be very popular and posts on Reddit say it's better all around than the Blons while being cheaper. It would be great if someone can share how it compares to EarPods or Airpods Pro Gen 1 in terms of sound quality. I'm looking to try out an entry-level IEM before getting something more expensive for portable use.
CRA for bass heavy feel.
Chu for balanced, comfort for long listening but has non-detachable cable. You have to be extremely gentle as all Chi-Fi cut corners in cable quality.
7Hz Salnotes Zero : balanced audio and detachable cable.

Saying this again, do not bring comparison of Chi-Fi with TWS. There is nothing in TWS world that can beat well tuned ‘wired’ IEMs (in sound quality). And if you have library filled with LDAC files, gap widens even more.

Last edited:
looking to switch to apple ecosystem next month, in your opinion should I go for gen1 or 2? Gen1 are available for 14-15k during sales. Worth it to shell 10k extra for gen2? Thanks

looking to switch to apple ecosystem next month, in your opinion should I go for gen1 or 2? Gen1 are available for 14-15k during sales. Worth it to shell 10k extra for gen2? Thanks
Close your eyes and get gen 2 if you do not have gen 1. It is worth that extra 10k. I was in similar dilemma as my previous TWS was really bad. I was thinking of getting gen 1 for 16k. In the end, made the right choice.

we need a wired solution for experiencing hi-res lossless Compared to a wired headphone+dac how good is airpods gen 2
No comparison. I use airpods pro 2 most of the time but when I am home and if I have to listen to music, I either use the blons or the SennHD599 connected to E10K.
Headphone zone is conducting listening events across many cities where you can experience various products. Pass costs 999/- and will give great understanding of how various products work.

If anyone is ready to go for bangalore event, I will also register.

Last edited:
No comparison. I use airpods pro 2 most of the time but when I am home and if I have to listen to music, I either use the blons or the SennHD599 connected to E10K.
Headphone zone is conducting listening events across many cities where you can experience various products. Pass costs 999/- and will give great understanding of how various products work.

finally, real try before you buy from people who got stuff you want to try

Pass costs 999/- and will give great understanding of how various products work.

Good for people who are buying costly headphones..

Pro 1 AMC is good but the ANC on pro 2 is scarily good. It just entirely suppressed airplane engine noise when I was on a turbo prop. Outside, I make sure anc is off. Not safe to walk on road with anc on. Best part is it’s transparency mode. It feels as if you took the pods off when you turn on transparency. Spatial audio for music is overhyped. It is useless unless sound is recorded for spatial audio.

Pro 2 will be massive upgrade over xm3 tws. But do check out xm4. Bose new qc buds have industry best anc right now in TWS and they sound great as well.

Thank you.

I've tried XM4s. Not a major upgrade over XM3s, except fit. XM3s have terrible fit in general.

CRA for bass heavy feel.
I received this yesterday and used it for a few hours. Very nice quality for the price! I got it for 1k after using some reward points. There is definitely a treble peak. I think it's around 4KHz, I will be EQing it out later as it makes extended use a bit tiring. Imaging is average at best but I can't complain at this price point. The sound signature is similar to my DT770. The stock cable and tips are decent and it's comfortable to wear for a long time. I would like to get some nicer feeling tips though.

The Airpods Pro Gen 1 doesn't have as much detail and sounds less "fun" but is more pleasant to use for extended periods of time.

This is my first Chi-Fi IEM and I'm surprised at how much we are getting for our money. I spent nearly as much on a pair of replacement tips for my Airpods Pro lol. Speaking of which, do you have any recommendations for quality tips? I like the ones on the Airpods Pro.

I received this yesterday and used it for a few hours. Very nice quality for the price! I got it for 1k after using some reward points. There is definitely a treble peak. I think it's around 4KHz, I will be EQing it out later as it makes extended use a bit tiring. Imaging is average at best but I can't complain at this price point. The sound signature is similar to my DT770. The stock cable and tips are decent and it's comfortable to wear for a long time. I would like to get some nicer feeling tips though.

The Airpods Pro Gen 1 doesn't have as much detail and sounds less "fun" but is more pleasant to use for extended periods of time.

This is my first Chi-Fi IEM and I'm surprised at how much we are getting for our money. I spent nearly as much on a pair of replacement tips for my Airpods Pro lol. Speaking of which, do you have any recommendations for quality tips? I like the ones on the Airpods Pro.
Spinfits.

Back