Amazon India Escalation

chiro3110

Disciple
Hello Guys,
Quick question, is anyone aware of escalation system for Amazon India?

I recently bought a watch (~3.5k) from Amazon India - Cloudtail. It arrived with a broken band. I tried placing return several times but it always gets rejected.
The delivery agent comes for pickup, now on their app, they are asked to take a pic of the item. Now, the guys are scared that if they pick up a damaged item with photograph, if there comes any issue they may have to reimburse it.
Fair on their part honestly.

What I have tried so far:
- Chat with CC
- Call with CC
- Escalation call with CC
- Even mail to jeff @ amazon . com LOL. (did read on this on Quora, and surprisingly they do follow up, but with the same Amazon India CC, so the end result is zero)
- The escalation team of CC, when asked if they can transfer call to higher, said write email to cs-reply @ amazon . in (doesn't seems escalation)

Any pointers? Have any of you faced such a situation ?

I have issue with Ptron TWS Earbud, after 28 days of purchase, offical complaint lodge (via Call/Email/chat/Ticket) with BOTH, but neither amazon nor Ptron care to reply or provide any service.

Though both are always prompltly send auto-message that they will solve the issue or reply in 6 hours, but since 08-09-2020, their 6 hrs. yet not get over... and I'm still waiting for. replacement
Although I've never had any reasons to escalate, for anything I've received damaged, even I've been told to email to cs-reply@amazon.in with the pictures and that has been enough to get the issue taken care of.

I also send 3-4 email to cs-reply@amazon.in but only atuo replay came no real solution yet

Send to jeff@amazon.com. someone from his team will get in touch with you. Please check the attached screenshot for an issue raised
Screenshot_2020-10-12-11-14-46-965_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Never ever had such an issue with Amazon. When you create a return, there is an option for "Damaged/Defective Product" or something to that tune. They should simply offer you a replacement if you select that.

The only time I had to mail pictures to cs-reply was when there were some amazon pantry purchases (food items) and they were non-returnable but came damaged (torn packs etc.). Sent them pics and they refunded full amount that day itself.

Never ever had such an issue with Amazon. When you create a return, there is an option for "Damaged/Defective Product" or something to that tune. They should simply offer you a replacement if you select that.

The only time I had to mail pictures to cs-reply was when there were some amazon pantry purchases (food items) and they were non-returnable but came damaged (torn packs etc.). Sent them pics and they refunded full amount that day itself.
For OP the return period over and now facing issue with warranty..

Within return window, they will do replacement/return for eligible products

I have issue with Ptron TWS Earbud, after 28 days of purchase, offical complaint lodge (via Call/Email/chat/Ticket) with BOTH, but neither amazon nor Ptron care to reply or provide any service.
Though both are always prompltly send auto-message that they will solve the issue or reply in 6 hours, but since 08-09-2020, their 6 hrs. yet not get over... and I'm still waiting for. replacement
I also send 3-4 email to cs-reply@amazon.in but only atuo replay came no real solution yet

That is sad to know cs-reply doesn't work too. I put up complaint on National Consumer Helpline. They actually called back and said your case has been forwarded to Amazon.

Send to jeff@amazon.com. someone from his team will get in touch with you. Please check the attached screenshot for an issue raised
Already did. As you see, it gets directed to the CC in India itself. So basically the Jeff email is like a fancy redirection system! lol

I had an issue where they marked as delivered but I didn’t get it. Drunk CS said it was delivered again when contacted. (it was, but to some other house lol)

I emailed to the Jeff email and wrote a long freaking email to the redirected escalation team. They tracked it down in 2 days. So I can say at least, that they’re not completely useless.

lol don’t dream Jeff is going to read your 3.5k watch issue. Every company has internal redirects for higher executives. And yes, it’ll be redirected to Indian resolution center.

lol don’t dream Jeff is going to read your 3.5k watch issue. Every company has internal redirects for higher executives. And yes, it’ll be redirected to Indian resolution center.
Yea.. haha sure he wouldn't be bothered with such trivial issues, but here was my expectation. See several establishments have an escalation matrix.. and somehow it seems it's unavailable for Amazon (alteast India).
Hence my expectation was that atleast thru Jeff email it goes to a higher resolution level, not that same basic one. For instance, this is the matrix for Amazon pay.

Capture.JPG

I see. As soon the mail was sent, it was assigned to a higher level resolution team for me. Followed by a call every time they had a status update. If it was looped back to basic CS team, then gg. They wouldn’t know anything other than their trivial support Q&As.

Hello Guys,
Quick question, is anyone aware of escalation system for Amazon India?

I recently bought a watch (~3.5k) from Amazon India - Cloudtail. It arrived with a broken band. I tried placing return several times but it always gets rejected.
The delivery agent comes for pickup, now on their app, they are asked to take a pic of the item. Now, the guys are scared that if they pick up a damaged item with photograph, if there comes any issue they may have to reimburse it.
Fair on their part honestly.

What I have tried so far:
- Chat with CC
- Call with CC
- Escalation call with CC
- Even mail to jeff @ amazon . com LOL. (did read on this on Quora, and surprisingly they do follow up, but with the same Amazon India CC, so the end result is zero)
- The escalation team of CC, when asked if they can transfer call to higher, said write email to cs-reply @ amazon . in (doesn't seems escalation)

Any pointers? Have any of you faced such a situation ?
Glad you shared it here, I also faced such situation 2 months back when I ordered supplement from them. It was Optimum Nutrition 100% whey 5kg pack but to my shock they delivered me a cheap MuscleBlaze 1 kg tub inside the box. Upon opening the box I noticed that the bill sent to me was correct but the item was wrongly sent. I contacted their customer service and they told me to send the images of the wrong item on mail. I sent them the required mail immediately to which they demanded a turn around time of 3 working days in the name of investigating the issue.. fair I guess.

But then started the journey of what I call Arrogance that big companies like Airtel have shown in past. Not only they don't replied to the mail and when I contacted them for status they simply refused to provide the replacement and instead they insisted on returning the item for complete refund.. fair play, right?

Big No.. The next day delivery guy called my number and asked what was the issue to which I told that I ordered a 10k product but got 2k product instead. He assured me that he will come in the evening and hung up. I waited but no one came.. then he cancelled the pickup on his end. I got curious and called customer service and they insisted on creating another pickup the next day. Similar thing happened next day also in which he cancelled the pickup on his end.

This goes back and forth with lot of arguing between me and dumb guys of customer care for nearly a month. They created some 15 pickup during that duration and no one was coming to pickup the wrong item. I also tried calling the delivery agent many times but they blocked my number. One fine day he thought of picking up my phone because I called him 5-6 times repeatedly. He then said and I quote "Me nahi le sakta isko, aap mujhe amazon walo ki taraf se mail bhijwao pehle" in a rude manner.. but I realised during this whole process that their customer service was a big joke because whenever I asked for an advance refund they always said "Sir, this is an expensive product and we can't do that.."

I gave up the hope and decided never to order anything expensive from Amazon because if you get wrong item by mistake (yeah this can happen in 1 out of 1000 case) then you will be on your own . Meanwhile 2 times they sent the guy and both times he refused upon realising that this is an expensive item (even thought it was only 10k). Luckily 16th time their local delivery team changed their mind and took the wrong item after lot of discussion within themselves. Afterwards getting a refund was smooth and no issue was faced in that.

All this while Customer Care team only offered 1 solution other then creating a new pickup request every time which was to courier back the wrong item to them on my own expense but I decided not to because I didn't trust the company anymore.

This usually happens with every major business in India, once they capture the market their attitude towards the customer change.

I don't get it.

The delivery/pick-up guys are only concerned with the logistics of getting a product to/from amazon to/from customer. Why are they worried like they're paying the refund from their pockets?

Unless maybe they're the ones who substituted the wrong product in the first delivery instance?

I gave up the hope and decided never to order anything expensive from Amazon because if you get wrong item by mistake (yeah this can happen in 1 out of 1000 case) then you will be on your own .

This usually happens with every major business in India, once they capture the market their attitude towards the customer change.
Second that. Amazon.in CC has gone to shite recently. I too have decided to treat them like the old ebay.in and only buy cheap junk from them. I've found other online dealers offering better customer service and prices too when contacted.
Unless maybe they're the ones who substituted the wrong product in the first delivery instance?
That looks the most likely reason for such behavior. Someone else in the org probably in on the whole scam too.

Just to update the thread, the escalation of Amazon actually didn’t help much. But some other route did. I did file a grievance with National Consumer Helpline (NCH)

I did have a feeing that it was just useless, but a couple of days later an agent from NCH called and asked more details on the case. Upon furnishing them, they did say they are going to contact Amazon on it. Also they advised to send any screenshot of email communication. I only had email sent and nothing received as all their response was on phone. (May be good idea to record it next time).

Then again a couple of days later the NCH sent an update as the attached pic. It stated that the refund has been initiated. A day later Amazon sends an email about the same and on that day itself it gets reflected in my CC statement.

Amazing turn of events and great support by an government agency which was not extended by Amazon. After that I again filed a return with Amazon to take the product back (nothing to refund, just take it back) lets see if they do that!

F3DFC9B4-708D-4634-88F0-2A61AB54EDD6.png

Just to update the thread, the escalation of Amazon actually didn’t help much. But some other route did. I did file a grievance with National Consumer Helpline (NCH)

I did have a feeing that it was just useless, but a couple of days later an agent from NCH called and asked more details on the case. Upon furnishing them, they did say they are going to contact Amazon on it. Also they advised to send any screenshot of email communication. I only had email sent and nothing received as all their response was on phone. (May be good idea to record it next time).

Then again a couple of days later the NCH sent an update as the attached pic. It stated that the refund has been initiated. A day later Amazon sends an email about the same and on that day itself it gets reflected in my CC statement.

Amazing turn of events and great support by an government agency which was not extended by Amazon. After that I again filed a return with Amazon to take the product back (nothing to refund, just take it back) lets see if they do that!
Glad you shared it here, I also faced such situation 2 months back when I ordered supplement from them.
@Nalin, this is bad honestly. Its really scary to know this type of cheap tactics are being employed. Did you try consumer helpline too? Or mail to Jeff ? Or the Twitter handle?

The delivery guys, if some issue with product might be penalized and is the reason they were not picking up. That happens. The guy assigned to me told the same. I did not want to put him in a bad position so I never pestered him. In a tier 2 city he pretty much brings all my deliveries and I have a good rapport with him.

Last edited:
I don't get it.

The delivery/pick-up guys are only concerned with the logistics of getting a product to/from amazon to/from customer. Why are they worried like they're paying the refund from their pockets?

Yeah that's what I thought in the beginning, but then I realised that the outer cardboard box in which wrong product was sent in is also very small in size and no way that can hold something that weighs 5kg. So it became pretty obvious that the warehouse guy/robot who did the packaging messed up.

Also I was told by CC that delivery guys have to pay from their pockets in these type of cases. CC guys were blaming it on delivery guys and delivery guys told me to talk to Amazon for dropping them a mail. It was like a ping pong game is being played between them and customer was the ball.

@chiro3110 Nice to know that such mechanism exist and is working and delivering solutions to these type of problems. No I didn't tried other methods.

I have escalated issues multiple times and usually Level 3/4 or mail to Bezos worked out for me every time.

In general, the National Consumer Helpline works for all eCommerce issues. I got a refund from other sites that did not have a proper escalation system.

Back