Amazon India - Feedback Thread

That question is probably best answered by Amazon. I didn't opt for this, it was a surprise and I never received any order like this before. It was was OTP based though.

I never had a open box delivery but I guess this is quicker since you can inspect the contents faster, and probably more secure for Amazon since the delivery person can take it back without having it opened.

That question is probably best answered by Amazon. I didn't opt for this, it was a surprise and I never received any order like this before. It was was OTP based though.

I never had a open box delivery but I guess this is quicker since you can inspect the contents faster, and probably more secure for Amazon since the delivery person can take it back without having it opened.
Plastic is cheaper than thick brown packing paper. Might just be a simple cost saving measure

Bought a coway 150 airpuifier (10 day replacement), got a used unit with new filters. Amazon is replacing it, but now they make you wait 3-4 days for some reason. I reached out to them after 3 days and they initiated replacement immediately. Don't know why make the customer wait 3 days? It's not like there is some background verification process, the support person checked the photos in real time which were uploaded 3 days ago and then submited a replacement. Probably to reduce the quantum of fake complaints, as some people would just not bother calling support again. I've been lucky with both Amazon and FK, they've always replaced or refunded (in case of non-returnable items) if used/fake/damaged goods were delivered.

Amazon is replacing it, but now they make you wait 3-4 days for some reason. I reached out to them after 3 days and they initiated replacement immediately. Don't know why make the customer wait 3 days? It's not like there is some background verification process, the support person checked the photos in real time which were uploaded 3 days ago and then submited a replacement. Probably to reduce the quantum of fake complaints, as some people would just not bother calling support again.

Yes, they're expecting you to cool off your anger, go on with your life and forget about it.

It's the same reason why Swiggy chat support take forever to respond when there's a problem with your order. However in those cases, you can tease/taunt them and say they're not very good at their job if their typing is so slow and their ego will take over and they'll forget the follow the script and respond quickly haha.

For Amazon, you just need to remember to contact them after X days and they'll instantly process the replacement/refund.

My first order in a long time and this is my experience... :(
Screenshot_2024-01-31_213719~2.jpg

My first order in a long time and this is my experience... :(

Sometimes these kinds of stuff happen if the goods are stolen completely and the Delivery Team (cum Thief Syndicate) is not able to convince the last leg delivery person to join their venture and deliver the empty / alter package....Usually, they receive the first blow when customers complain. What going to happen to the last delivery person is to lose his job/agency by blaming misconduct allegation if the upper level is also involved in this Stolen Goods Heist.

Last edited:
Recently I have come across this behaviour that delivery guys just throw away packages whenever I tell them to leave it inside the gate. No matter how big or small it is they just throw the damn thing.

Recently I have come across this behaviour that delivery guys just throw away packages whenever I tell them to leave it inside the gate. No matter how big or small it is they just throw the damn thing.
Yes and this behavior is specific to some delivery guys. They just throw it or leave it on the floor and not even ring the bell.
I make sure to give the "appropriate" delivery feedback in each such case.

I might be the lucky one as I know my amazon delivery partners personally, in my absence they will either keep the package behind my main doors gate or either keep with my 2 neighbors on either floors or just show up the next day after 10am. No misplacement or mishandling till date.

Throw away or just fling it in like they were delivering a newspaper?

Throw away or just fling it in like they were delivering a newspaper?
Exactly this. They just drop it on floor like a piece of paper. I have cctv cameras all around from which I can see this but they can’t. Every time they just drop it like an empty carton on floor.

No matter how big or small it is they just throw the damn thing.
Where do you live? Just want to know if it's city/area specific problem or personal animosity (LOL).

I've been reading about bad deliveries for more than a decade. Thankfully, all the private courier guys in my area (old Gurgaon) are pretty good. Almost all of my Monday-to-Friday daytime deliveries are being done unattended. Surprisingly, I've never faced any issues be it a mobile phone or an ultra cheap item.

Only the India Post guys have stolen my stuff. 90% of them. All of them were gifts/supplements/electronics/jewelry/toys from abroad.

Where do you live? Just want to know if it's city/area specific problem or personal animosity (LOL).

I've been reading about bad deliveries for more than a decade. Thankfully, all the private courier guys in my area (old Gurgaon) are pretty good. Almost all of my Monday-to-Friday daytime deliveries are being done unattended. Surprisingly, I've never faced any issues be it a mobile phone or an ultra cheap item.

Only the India Post guys have stolen my stuff. 90% of them. All of them were gifts/supplements/electronics/jewelry/toys from abroad.
I live in Rohini, North Delhi to be precise. Almost all of them have this problem. It might be an area problem or them thinking no one is watching this. Not sure, I certainly report them in delivery feedback though.

Back