Amazon India - Feedback Thread

My concern is if customers complained/reported to Amazon and if Amazon is doing anything about it. I would've freaked out if it was a more expensive or fragile item like a cpu or motherboard. I didn't mind it as it was just a mousepad.
But I'm now getting second thoughts now for future orders.
I think Amazon does this for orders based on item value. My cabinet same in an additional box apart from its own box, plus had air pockets inside the main box. But when I ordered a flash drive, cat6 cable and other such low value items they come in minimal extra packaging.

Dude I'm not talking about how it was packed but the condition of the packaging when I received it. If you take a look at the image you'll see that the Amazon tape was cut and opened. No one except for the buyer has the right to do that. That's tampering. I was able to pull the actual product out of the packaging without even opening the outer one.

Dude I'm not talking about how it was packed but the condition of the packaging when I received it. If you take a look at the image you'll see that the Amazon tape was cut and opened. No one except for the buyer has the right to do that. That's tampering. I was able to pull the actual product out of the packaging without even opening the outer one.
Oh damn my bad didn't realise that. If the Amazon packaging has been tampered then my standard protocol is to not accept the package. But yea delivery guys might take advantage if delivery is done without the recipient being present :/

Amazon packaging guys.
Be careful when you order fragile/electronic items. I ordered a mousepad so it's not too bad but this is NOT how orders should be shipped. I don't know who to blame: their courier delivery employees or Amazon themselves.
I haven't opened it up yet. I'll do it later.
now that you mentioned which mousepad did you buy? I am looking for one too

now that you mentioned which mousepad did you buy? I am looking for one too
This one for 399rs.
The regular sized "Speed" version. It's 350x270x5mm. It's thicc! I had the Steelseries QcK Mass many years ago and I loved it.
I also ordered the Razer DA Essential mouse for 1599rs but its yet to arrive. The 2 years warranty also made me go for it. (FYI Acro used to accept only one year of warranty). My friend also has it and it's a pretty big mouse but I'm a palm gripper so it's okay for me.
Mum asked why the package is torn, and the guy was like you just check the inside items and count them, whether the outer package is torn is no concern to ya.
The delivery guy gave me a similar response. He said "it must have been torn somewhere in the journey but the product inside should be fine."

PS: Previously I used to think that these guys are really under paid like 5-6k PM hence felt bad for them but after knowing their salary I'm gonna be vociferous next time for any damaged package.
The freshers here make 15k + commissions. I've seen offers for 25k too. That's really good for a low cost region. Btw many of them also carry the latest premium smartphones haha

Last edited:
I bought the 19K XV272U, first monitor had one stuck pixel and raised a replacement request. second monitor did not have any packing - first one atleast had the usual amazon cover on it. Thankfully the second monitor is all good, there was no damage on the box

I bought the 19K XV272U, first monitor had one stuck pixel and raised a replacement request. second monitor did not have any packing - first one atleast had the usual amazon cover on it. Thankfully the second monitor is all good, there was no damage on the box
That's good to know. I recently bought the Gigabyte M27Q and was worried about the dead pixels as well, but, it turned out to be excellent purchase. Only PC component that stresses me out is buying monitor online. Although IPS panels have improved these past 6 years because earlier IPS lottery with minimal glow\bleed was quite rare.

Amazon India employees seem to have gone rogue...
The exterior white plastic was untouched but the inside came out like this. This box was messed up before being packaged for shipping. Bottom of the actual product box was torn and opened like this.
In my excitement I forgot to record a video. Fffffff

IMG_20210412_093856095~2.jpg

Amazon India employees seem to have gone rogue...
The exterior white plastic was untouched but the inside came out like this. This box was messed up before being packaged for shipping. Bottom of the actual product box was torn and opened like this.
In my excitement I forgot to record a video. Fffffff

View attachment 103813
Request a return. They are doing this frequently. Seems like they are checking what items are present inside and delivering the product

Request a return. They are doing this frequently. Seems like they are checking what items are present inside and delivering the product
The seller is Appario. So I don't know why they would need to do it anywhere in the journey. They could've simply scanned it.

Has anyone ordered any book online? Viz Amazon and Flipkart?
Is this the standard way of packing?
One end of the package was not wrapped fully. No exterior Amazon plastic wrapper. Just a thin brown paper cover which doesn't even cover the whole book and then tied with plastic rope (?).
This was sold by a third-party seller on Amazon and took two weeks to deliver (I actually went to pick it up after non-delivery). Amazon support said they will refund the shipping cost. Just wanted to know if this is the standard method of shipping books or if the seller screwed up.
IMG-20210417-WA0010~2.jpg

Last edited:
One end of the package was not wrapper fully. No exterior Amazon plastic wrapper. Just a thin brown paper cover which doesn't even cover the whole book and then tied with plastic.
This was sold by a third-party seller on Amazon and took two weeks to deliver (I actually went to pick it up after non-delivery). Amazon support said they will refund the shipping cost. Just wanted to know if this is the standard method of shipping books or if the seller screwed up.
View attachment 104330
Have ordered books multiple times from both Amazon & Flipkart and always came in plastic bubble wrap. Seller didn't give a shit in your case.

Ok thanks I just wanted to be sure. It's official then. My Amazon experience for the last three orders have been absolute crap.
Btw I bought the book from Amazon as it was not available anywhere else.

One end of the package was not wrapped fully. No exterior Amazon plastic wrapper. Just a thin brown paper cover which doesn't even cover the whole book and then tied with plastic rope (?).
View attachment 104330

March last week I had ordered 2 books at great pricing and they arrived in proper packaging - seller was Cloudtail! Maybe your seller screwed it up.

The replacement for the mouse has arrived.
The brown package on the left is new. The white package on the right is the old one.
See how differently they are packed. I don't know why Amazon didn't do it in the first place. It's like an accident waiting to happen.
IMG_20210419_155807561~2.jpg

Hey guys another package arrived for my little brother with the item's own bare brown carton box with no plastic cover. The damn thing wasn't even taped together. It was not an electronic item so he let the issue slide.
Avoid third party sellers especially those not fulfilled by Amazon as much as possible.

Hey guys another package arrived for my little brother with the item's own bare brown carton box with no plastic cover. The damn thing wasn't even taped together. It was not an electronic item so he let the issue slide.
Avoid third party sellers especially those not fulfilled by Amazon as much as possible.
Have you tried asking if other people in your locality are facing the same problem? It could definitely be an area centric issue from reading your overall experience.

Have you tried asking if other people in your locality are facing the same problem? It could definitely be an area centric issue from reading your overall experience.
No its the seller/shipper's problem. The amazon order sticker was pasted on the brown box. Delivery people can't change the cover/packaging.

Back