Amazon India - Feedback Thread

guys, I ordered a book through a 3rd party seller on amazon, its 15 days now, amazon is blaming seller and neither I've received anything nor they are cancelling the order. What should I do now? amazon is passing the buck to seller and he's vanished now.

guys, I ordered a book through a 3rd party seller on amazon, its 15 days now, amazon is blaming seller and neither I've received anything nor they are cancelling the order. What should I do now? amazon is passing the buck to seller and he's vanished now.
It might be shipped by their very slow "registered mail" courier. Add to that the covid lockdown situation. I too ordered a book and it took 15 days. They still didn't deliver. So I had to go to the Post office to get it myself. If seller used post office then check the tracking number with your local post office. Similar for any other courier if there's any office in your area.

It might be shipped by their very slow "registered mail" courier. Add to that the covid lockdown situation. I too ordered a book and it took 15 days. They still didn't deliver. So I had to go to the Post office to get it myself. If seller used post office then check the tracking number with your local post office. Similar for any other courier if there's any office in your area.
The seller is actually a fraud. There are multiple reviews with similar problem, the DTDC tracking ID provided is also fake.

Guys now I know where all the brown carton box for my orders went lol.
Not my pic.
AmazonIN packing E0NoWa5VgAMfg69.jpg

I am both surprised and disappointed to receive a fake Ryzen 9 3900XT processor, that too in a sealed box!.. The seller is Appario retail pvt ltd, which i believe is amazon`s flagship seller. The item is clearly a previously returned product, which amazon had resealed and relisted for sale. Some crafty crook had erased and etched the front IHS of some old AM2/AM3+ socket processor to mimic the 3900XT.
Whoever handled the item earlier had inadvertently left his mark inside the box- A piece of paper from a notebook with a handwritten word in Hindi ( see pics). It would have been impossible for the amazon representative to spot this fake CPU while processing the return.
I had already created a return for the item, but the local pickup guys are reluctant to take back the item due to the high price of the product. The pickup was put on hold twice, including an attempt today.
Amazon customer service assured a resolution within 72 hours from today.
This is not meant to be a defamation post or a negative review towards amazon India. I just wish that any potential buyer be alert and if possible make videos while opening any products purchased online.

Attachments

• 20210716_141539.jpg
    20210716_141539.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 20210716_141442.jpg
    20210716_141442.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 20210716_143639.jpg
    20210716_143639.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
I am both surprised and disappointed to receive a fake Ryzen 9 3900XT processor, that too in a sealed box!.. The seller is Appario retail pvt ltd, which i believe is amazon`s flagship seller. The item is clearly a previously returned product, which amazon had resealed and relisted for sale. Some crafty crook had erased and etched the front IHS of some old AM2/AM3+ socket processor to mimic the 3900XT.
Whoever handled the item earlier had inadvertently left his mark inside the box- A piece of paper from a notebook with a handwritten word in Hindi ( see pics). It would have been impossible for the amazon representative to spot this fake CPU while processing the return.
I had already created a return for the item, but the local pickup guys are reluctant to take back the item due to the high price of the product. The pickup was put on hold twice, including an attempt today.
Amazon customer service assured a resolution within 72 hours from today.
This is not meant to be a defamation post or a negative review towards amazon India. I just wish that any potential buyer be alert and if possible make videos while opening any products purchased online.
There is a video by linustechtips where a person got a fake ryzen processor from Microcenter. I think someone buys an original processor, removes the IHS, puts it on a old AMD processor, re-seals the processor and returns it. This must have happened here.

Wow, this is scary. I wanted to order a 5950x for a friend on Amazon due to some good discounts, but this makes me question if its too risky.
Any idea on the cheater resealed the box ? Aren't those seals supposed to be tamper proof ?

Wow, this is scary. I wanted to order a 5950x for a friend on Amazon due to some good discounts, but this makes me question if its too risky.
Any idea on the cheater resealed the box ? Aren't those seals supposed to be tamper proof ?

I had similar experience when I bought my skylake i5 6500 cpu... box appeared sealed but had a pentium inside.

I was horrified especially since I didn't record any unboxing video or such precaution.

Thankfully they replaced it no questions asked.

They replace as per their policy but why taking risk for a couple of hundreds.
Better option is to buy from offline store or some other online reputed seller.
Exactly, given the current chor market situation everyone want to earn hefty selling peanuts and shit!
Better walk-in to stores physically or order only from reputed sites like prime/md etc. thereby mentioning that after making payment send you the actual product pic or unboxing video from their ends so that you get what you paid for!

I sincerely hope that these chors dont comes with something like selling a 1050 under 3090 for lacs ! :p These criminal minds can do anything esp. given that most of these masses are jobless and investing their heads into such crap. They have ample of lame time to invent any level of stupidity!

I think at least in electronics, amazon/fk should allow something like unbox at the door which myntra used to allow--try clothes when you receive the order and return there itself if its not favorable!
This way it will be hassle free for both the parties!
Result on the spot!

They replace as per their policy but why taking risk for a couple of hundreds.
Better option is to buy from offline store or some other online reputed seller.

Exactly, given the current chor market situation everyone want to earn hefty selling peanuts and shit!
Better walk-in to stores physically or order only from reputed sites like prime/md etc. thereby mentioning that after making payment send you the actual product pic or unboxing video from their ends so that you get what you paid for!

I sincerely hope that these chors dont comes with something like selling a 1050 under 3090 for lacs ! :p These criminal minds can do anything esp. given that most of these masses are jobless and investing their heads into such crap. They have ample of lame time to invent any level of stupidity!

I think at least in electronics, amazon/fk should allow something like unbox at the door which myntra used to allow--try clothes when you receive the order and return there itself if its not favorable!
Result on the spot!

Isint Amazon the gold standard in terms of customer service?

Local shop will not touch the item once it has left the shop. Of course you can take the effort to check it in the shop but just in case you don’t and somehow it’s DOA or something the shopkeeper is not touching it with a 10 foot pole.

Other online sellers are even worse when it comes to solving issues.

Atleast with Amazon I know I am covered even if something like food happens thanks to their customer care.

Result on the spot!
If amazon/fk allow it like myntra's try and buy then crazy people will unbox the processor, play GTA 5 or PUB G with the delivery guy, ask him for some tea or coffee & send it back for a refund. :p

Isint Amazon the gold standard in terms of customer service?

Local shop will not touch the item once it has left the shop. Of course you can take the effort to check it in the shop but just in case you don’t and somehow it’s DOA or something the shopkeeper is not touching it with a 10 foot pole.

Other online sellers are even worse when it comes to solving issues.

Atleast with Amazon I know I am covered even if something like food happens thanks to their customer care.
Gold standard is fine mate but gold prices may fall and you may realize later.
There's no point in taking unnecessary risk, at offline stores alteast you'll get the original item.
You can check it at store or even if it's DOA you can send it for RMA, it won't take more than a week but it should not be a counterfeit item.
I remember buying whey protein from Amazon, a couple of times I got fake & it was real trouble for like 1-2 months though I never opened the jar.

Last edited:
Local shop will not touch the item once it has left the shop.
Exactly, most stores that I know are just glorified middlemen who are nothing but operational inefficiency.
The retailer model makes sense for FMCG and volume products, but in world of computers all the shop is doing is procuring from the distributor at that moment, adding their cut and selling it to you. One can see this happen in real time in SP Road.

I hope Amazon finds a solution to this order-steal-return problem, price discovery aspect of Amazon is really valuable.

Exactly, most stores that I know are just glorified middlemen who are nothing but operational inefficiency.
The retailer model makes sense for FMCG and volume products, but in world of computers all the shop is doing is procuring from the distributor at that moment, adding their cut and selling it to you. One can see this happen in real time in SP Road.

I hope Amazon finds a solution to this order-steal-return problem, price discovery aspect of Amazon is really valuable.

Exactly, I don’t really get these suggestions of buying from local stores or other online stores like they are a beacon of customer service.

Every single shop in Lamington road will rip you off so hard because all they care about is their profit. If the item costs 10,000 they will quote 13,000, then you bargain like crazy to get the right price. Not to mention the instances where they shopkeeper sells you GT 710 instead of whatever card you wanted to buy because “phor gb walla card hai yeh saste mai”. If you don’t do your research and stay firm you will be sold the wrong item. They do this for a living.

Not mention the scam where they quote you prices without gst and then while preparing the bill they add the gst silently like a ninja.

Yeah there is a chance you can get stuff for cheaper than online if you bargain hard but 95% of the shops will just try to rip you off as all they care about is short term profit.

Not too mention they won’t touch the item once it leaves the shop.

I would honestly spend the extra money and have the Amazon assurance then waste my time with this shit.

I have also got used items/wrong items from Amazon but they promptly replace or refund. Nothing beats this convince.

Well this is how a biz functions...you buy from wholesaler or a distributor and add your cost ad sell!
Agreed, but do you know there are a lot of products an end customer cannot buy directly from the manufacturer or the distributor, even if one contacts them and is willing to purchase the MOQ. I don't know if that is the behavior of a business or a cartel.

Every single shop in Lamington road will rip you off so hard because all they care about is their profit
Long term customer relationship and sustainable business is something the middlemen in India don't understand. The way they like and behave is disgusting.
Amazon and E-commerce has given them a wake up call, yet most refuse to innovate and go running to their political leaders for protection.

I had to get AMD to force a retailer to lower the price for my 5950x. The difference was 5K.

Agreed, but do you know there are a lot of products an end customer cannot buy directly from the manufacturer or the distributor, even if one contacts them and is willing to purchase the MOQ. I don't know if that is the behavior of a business or a cartel.
Thats some mandate in most of the biz but again if you are into buying bulk like 100 or in 1000s they might entertain you.
These all distributors and whole sellers are on Indiamart. SO negotiating does the trick.

Back