Amazon India - Feedback Thread

looks like a glass jar

That was supposed to be brand new 5600X, :). But the mistake was mine TBH, I bought from a brand new seller just because it was available much cheaper (22K) and Prime, luckily it was Amazon delivered, and the weight of the box sent was lesser than the Original Box Packed 5600x, so the refund went smoothly.

:oops:, Please don't repeat such mistakes, luckily this time it was Amazon delivered hence refund went smoothly or else you're already familiar what to expect from 3rd party seller.

The fake processor was returned and full refund received from amazon IN. Wondering what happened to the person who received the glass jar.

Few days back, I had a delivery but was not at home. Delivery person called me(via amazon anonymous number) and I asked him to postpone.
Few hours later, I received call from amazon, it was a bot call, asking me to press 1 if delivery was attempted and 2 if delivery person did not contact me.

Is this something new? Never had to postpone before, so first time got a call to check if delivery was attempted or not.
This should be implemented by other courier services too. Calling CC to find out why the delivery person marked 'no one home' even though you were home, is just frustrating. Hopefully this check call feedback is taken seriously.

Agreed, but do you know there are a lot of products an end customer cannot buy directly from the manufacturer or the distributor, even if one contacts them and is willing to purchase the MOQ. I don't know if that is the behavior of a business or a cartel.

Long term customer relationship and sustainable business is something the middlemen in India don't understand. The way they like and behave is disgusting.
Amazon and E-commerce has given them a wake up call, yet most refuse to innovate and go running to their political leaders for protection.

I had to get AMD to force a retailer to lower the price for my 5950x. The difference was 5K.
upto which level did you escalate within AMD ?

I ordered a TV from Amazon and it has reached my closest hub today morning. It has been shipped by Delhivery and I've had only good experience with them till now. But today they told me that they can only deliver it on Monday as that is the delivery date they have been given. I think it is due to the fact that one has to choose delivery date and time when placing an order for a TV or an appliance. There should be an option to call and deliver earlier if the buyer agrees,but it seems there isn't one. I have to wait for installation team anyhow, but it just seems weird to me that they don't have such simple options.

I ordered a TV from Amazon and it has reached my closest hub today morning. It has been shipped by Delhivery and I've had only good experience with them till now. But today they told me that they can only deliver it on Monday as that is the delivery date they have been given. I think it is due to the fact that one has to choose delivery date and time when placing an order for a TV or an appliance. There should be an option to call and deliver earlier if the buyer agrees,but it seems there isn't one. I have to wait for installation team anyhow, but it just seems weird to me that they don't have such simple options.

In my case, when I ordered tv from Amazon (32 inch), it was delivered by Amazon guy I think and the same guy did installation at the time of delivery.

In my case, when I ordered tv from Amazon (32 inch), it was delivered by Amazon guy I think and the same guy did installation at the time of delivery.
Amazon doesn't book installations for this brand, so had to do it myself and they themselves send me an email about it. Also Amazon doesn't ship bulky items to my location using their own shipping. They always use Delhivery for that as that is the only option in my location and I am very thankful to them because earlier it was a lot of headache to get anything delivered.

Amazon cancelled one of my orders and the reason for it was "Not reachable" when I didn't get any call from the courier nor any email with regard to the same from Amazon. It was just instantly "cancelled and returned to Amazon." They didn't even bothered to look for my home or ask about my whereabouts. Has anyone come across this?
Its my first time. Usually I'd get a call when they are on the way or in case I'm unreachable on the phone or it was not possible to deliver it on time (on my end) the courier people would call me again in the evening. No such thing happened this time. The order was just instantly cancelled. The CS rep told me I should just place a new order and cannot help me do it at the price which I originally bought it for. Basically I can order it at whatever amount its available for right now or wait for a sale. Nice nice.

amazon cs bosch angle grinder.png

Last edited:
They are not food or perishable items. They are electronics.
The delivery was stated for today and till 9PM for that matter as per Amazon so I was shocked at how fast the return process was carried out.
Anyway, some more info. I ordered a bunch of items. First one was the order which was cancelled.
And now, just a while ago Amazon came to deliver the items, just when I was about to call the delivery agent's number (given in the delivery info). This time he called out my name from outside and I went to check it out. It was an amazon delivery and he said he also came earlier to deliver a package (the first one which got cancelled). It was the same guy! I asked him what exactly happened and he said he called my number a number of times and I didn't pick up. I asked him to show me the number which he had supposedly had been calling and it was not mine! We called the number while he was there and none answered. I asked him how he got the number and he said it was provided by the "system" and showed me a message which said "Call <my name> on this number. Name was correct but phone number was not.
Anyway I talked with the cs who escalated the issue with their senior and I talked to her and told her everything. She said she has raised a complaint against the delivery agent/company and that Amazon will initiate action against them which I hope they will really do.
The order, sadly, had been processed for return so I was told that there was no way to get it cancelled and the actions cannot be reverted.

They are not food or perishable items. They are electronics.
The delivery was stated for today and till 9PM for that matter as per Amazon so I was shocked at how fast the return process was carried out.
Anyway, some more info. I ordered a bunch of items. First one was the order which was cancelled.
And now, just a while ago Amazon came to deliver the items, just when I was about to call the delivery agent's number (given in the delivery info). This time he called out my name from outside and I went to check it out. It was an amazon delivery and he said he also came earlier to deliver a package (the first one which got cancelled). It was the same guy! I asked him what exactly happened and he said he called my number a number of times and I didn't pick up. I asked him to show me the number which he had supposedly had been calling and it was not mine! We called the number while he was there and none answered. I asked him how he got the number and he said it was provided by the "system" and showed me a message which said "Call <my name> on this number. Name was correct but phone number was not.
Anyway I talked with the cs who escalated the issue with their senior and I talked to her and told her everything. She said she has raised a complaint against the delivery agent/company and that Amazon will initiate action against them which I hope they will really do.
The order, sadly, had been processed for return so I was told that there was no way to get it cancelled and the actions cannot be reverted.
What do you mean, amazon initiated a complaint against the delivery company? Don't all the delivery agents delivering amazon products work for amazon itself?

Umm.
My friend ordered AirPods Pro from Appario. Was excited for it.
Opened the sealed box and found 3 old Nokia batteries inside. It has to be a customer return and the previous buyer was a scammer scum. What do you guys think?

Umm.
My friend ordered AirPods Pro from Appario. Was excited for it.
Opened the sealed box and found 3 old Nokia batteries inside. It has to be a customer return and the previous buyer was a scammer scum. What do you guys think?
you mean sealed amazon packing or sealed airpods box? .

Back