Amazon India - Feedback Thread

it is possible that the previous buyer kept the airpods and replaced it with batteries. Probably the return pickup person did`nt verify the box`s contents. Possible because for verified return pickups, the pickup personnel only get a picture of the items packing to cross check.

Q
it is possible that the previous buyer kept the airpods and replaced it with batteries. Probably the return pickup person did`nt verify the box`s contents. Possible because for verified return pickups, the pickup personnel only get a picture of the items packing to cross check.
Also possible the pickup person can swap the items after taking verification pics at pickup but before dropping off at warehouse? Prime items get processed immediately after pickup confirmed.

Maybe Amazon doesn’t check what gets dropped off for returns. Explains why stuff gets reshipped without even checking. (Probably deliberate by seller and also difficult to recheck millions of returns)

That airpod issue will be a pain even for Amazon to get to the root cause. No one will be able to tell who's at fault. And for such a premium item it might have been too good to pass up the chance to get it for free. You can't expect every customer to record their unboxing either. I personally don't.

Last edited:
About those AirPods, Amazon refunded. They have some 72hr protocol thing I guess, so even though it is apparent they are going to refund, they want you to wait till the 3rd day.
But scammer seems to have gone to some length to repack it. The box even had that proper Apple style transparent peel off cover (whatever it's called). Weirdly they took the buds but left the charger cable and additional ear tips inside and didn't bother with those.

Probably the return pickup person did`nt verify the box`s contents. Possible because for verified return pickups, the pickup personnel only get a picture of the items packing to cross check.
Not OP but not sure about that. Though I live in a Tier 3 city, Amazon return pickup guys always check the item thoroughly, and I have returned a lot of things. Recently one pickup guy even unpacked the dishwasher to confirm if it wasn't physically damaged or sth.

OTOH, I have shopped only once with Tata Cliq and their guy didn't really care to check if there was sth inside the package.

Yes, pickup guys always check even if it's a 1200rs earphone or anything else. They do unpack, if it's already packed by customer for return pickup.
They also have information regarding item which is to be returned, scammer can't return a different item.

if item is shipped by some trusted seller like appario or fulfilled by amazon chances of fraud are less, but once shipped it might 've been replaced by someone in between with some counterfeit product or something different.

but once shipped it might 've been replaced by someone in between with some counterfeit product
With Amazon and Prime shipping and 1-day delivery the timings are pretty tight for someone to pull this off, unless they are professionals.
With my recent monitor replacement, the pickup guy just asked if all the accessories are included, no other checking was done. It was a 2-second handover. Probably did a barcode scan or took a pic of it, he was facing away from me that time.

With Amazon and Prime shipping and 1-day delivery the timings are pretty tight for someone to pull this off, unless they are professionals.
With my recent monitor replacement, the pickup guy just asked if all the accessories are included, no other checking was done. It was a 2-second handover. Probably did a barcode scan or took a pic of it, he was facing away from me that time.
Anything can happen, we can only guess.
Amazon's overall service degraded over time. Now it's all about fake deals and authentic scams.

I'm trying to return an electronic item which I ordered but I don't see any return option, only replacement. What other electronics type have only replacement or does it depend on the seller?

I'm trying to return an electronic item which I ordered but I don't see any return option, only replacement. What other electronics type have only replacement or does it depend on the seller?
Replace it, you'll get the return option the next time. That's how it usually is.

Recently this has been happening for me too. Last time, I got fed up and messaged the customer service (after getting through the customer service messenger bot), that I wanted a refund since I didn't like the product. They apologized and arranged for pickup. The amount was refunded like normal after that. So try contacting them.

You guys should be more prudent while buying a product. It is always written on the product page itself, whether the product is returnable or replacement only. Yes one can force their hand by continuously asking for replacements, but it might not always work.
Screenshot_20210823-013502.png

Yes, pickup guys always check even if it's a 1200rs earphone or anything else. They do unpack, if it's already packed by customer for return pickup.
They also have information regarding item which is to be returned, scammer can't return a different item.
if item is shipped by some trusted seller like appario or fulfilled by amazon chances of fraud are less, but once shipped it might 've been replaced by someone in between with some counterfeit product or something different.
Today I received my Spigen Armor case for Samsung S20 FE 5G. The Amazon packing was perfect. But the Spigen case had lot of wear and tear. I was suspicious of getting a defective product and as I opened it, my guess was right. I got a case from a different brand and also for a different phone. It was sold by Spigen India and was Amazon Fuliflled. I immediately returned it and thankfully they accepted the return without any problem. So yeah be careful even if you're buying from a Amazon trusted seller.

How do I check the authenticity of an Amazon invoice? Does anyone know? I am going through an argument phase with Headphone Zone from whom I bought a pre-owned item and I strongly believe that the seller has forged the order summary. I have asked HPZ to share with me the actual invoice and they said they will covey the msg. to the seller on my behalf but I believe someone who can forge the order summary can also a forge an invoice. So is there any way to check whether an invoice is genuine? I have downloaded several invoices from my own orders and there's no bar code or QR code or anything of that sort. Please advise.

Today I received my Spigen Armor case for Samsung S20 FE 5G. The Amazon packing was perfect. But the Spigen case had lot of wear and tear. I was suspicious of getting a defective product and as I opened it, my guess was right. I got a case from a different brand and also for a different phone. It was sold by Spigen India and was Amazon Fuliflled. I immediately returned it and thankfully they accepted the return without any problem. So yeah be careful even if you're buying from a Amazon trusted seller.
It's a returnable item

Which is probably why you got a fake product. The person that returned it earlier put another one in it and they passed it on to you without checking.
Replace it, you'll get the return option the next time. That's how it usually is.
Interesting. I thought it depended on the seller.

So the seller has one more chance to send you a replacement and if that does not work out only then do you get the return option ?

How do I check the authenticity of an Amazon invoice? Does anyone know? I am going through an argument phase with Headphone Zone from whom I bought a pre-owned item and I strongly believe that the seller has forged the order summary. I have asked HPZ to share with me the actual invoice and they said they will covey the msg. to the seller on my behalf but I believe someone who can forge the order summary can also a forge an invoice. So is there any way to check whether an invoice is genuine? I have downloaded several invoices from my own orders and there's no bar code or QR code or anything of that sort. Please advise.
Not really, there is no definitive way. PDF documents can be authenticated only if they are digitally signed. Physical invoices may be verified by contacting the seller.
Their FAQ for pre-owned says that products are listed only if the invoice is available and the seller is supposed to provide the invoice with the product itself and not afterwards, when asked. So you can challenge that and try and return the product / or just return if it is faulty or not as described in the listing. Other than that you may be able to verify the (genuineness) product for warranty purposes by putting the serial no. in the manufacturer's website.

Not really, there is no definitive way. PDF documents can be authenticated only if they are digitally signed. Physical invoices may be verified by contacting the seller.
Their FAQ for pre-owned says that products are listed only if the invoice is available and the seller is supposed to provide the invoice with the product itself and not afterwards, when asked. So you can challenge that and try and return the product / or just return if it is faulty or not as described in the listing. Other than that you may be able to verify the (genuineness) product for warranty purposes by putting the serial no. in the manufacturer's website.
Thank you. Yes, I know that without a digital imprint it's not possible to verify the authenticity of an invoice. And that's why I am worried. I have read all the T&C of HPZ pertaining to used items. It was just a cheapo headphone (M20X) which I bought pre-owned only because the listing said that it was bought in 20-06-20. But I receive the product, no invoice was provided and I on the box import date is mentioned JUNE, 2018. Is it even remotely possible that Amazon might have sold a two year old product? I have been shopping on AZ since their inception and never once experienced anything similar. The order summary which HPZ sent me has June, 2020 mentioned though, but like I said, I highly suspect that it's a forgery. HPZ is rather unprofessional. They cannot differentiate between an actual tax paid invoice and a bloody order summary!

If the invoice they send me is found to be a forgery I am taking this the distance. But in order to do that I must know how to verify it and I am coming back to the bedrock of my actual query here.

How do I check the authenticity of an Amazon invoice? Does anyone know?
You can contact Amazon cs and tell them your problem. Tell them you got a used product as it came with their invoice and you want to verify the authenticity of the invoice.
I've verified the prices printed on Amazon invoices this way a few times back in the past.
But depending on the issue they may or may not help as they now strictly take a customer's privacy since they can be sued.

Back