Amazon India - Feedback Thread

Anyone have experience of product being marked delivered but not delivered? I bought a water heater and it was supposed to be delivered today. Got email that item was delivered but no one came to my house. Tried calling the delivery guy but he put me on hold and cut the call. So i opened the app and gave 1 star and marked entire order missing in delivery review. I tried searching amazon for customer care but there is no way to contact customer care now. Not even through app. No phone number or email. How do i get my money back now if i can't contact anyone?
This happened with me in past. The delivery guy came the next day and delivered saying he met with an accident, though he looked very much fine. But anyway even I had given 1 * on the day it was marked delivered and selected product wasn’t delivered. I got a call from Amazon customer service next day and they asked whether it was delivered or not.

Wait for a call, you will probably get it today. If it were an expensive item then I would call customer service and raise a complaint. The option to connect is available at bottom most page after selecting three lines. Check by logging in to PC if not available on phone. I don’t think they remove this option in any case.

Anyone have experience of product being marked delivered but not delivered? I bought a water heater and it was supposed to be delivered today. Got email that item was delivered but no one came to my house. Tried calling the delivery guy but he put me on hold and cut the call. So i opened the app and gave 1 star and marked entire order missing in delivery review. I tried searching amazon for customer care but there is no way to contact customer care now. Not even through app. No phone number or email. How do i get my money back now if i can't contact anyone?

Very common. The delivery guys have a target to meet everyday, and sometimes they’ll mark delivered without even attempting the delivery. Generally you’ll get it the next day. Happened with me more than 7-10 times now.

I did Customer Service Service for Amazon today.

As I was browsing I noticed an issue - a product was listed with an exchange offer that can't really be availed with any device. I raised a query with Amazon's customer support to check with them. It took about 1 and a half hours of me repeatedly questioning and basically doing their job, for them understand and conclude. They've been quite good when it comes to customer support; far better than Flipkart's, let's call it, Vintage approach. But, there have been multiple times when I've felt they're probably lacking some internal resource for technical knowledge or not really encouraged to use one.

Personally, I'm fine with customer support taking as much time as they want, as long as they mention upfront. But, they seem to have been trained to close a chat as soon as possible. This often leads to them saying just about anything they think would end the conversation; not necessarily understanding the issue, let alone solving it.

[Refer attachments]

Here, they've failed to understand the query, read through previous conversations, do their own checking & have resorted to misinforming and generic responses. Worst part is the issue is not even fixed yet. The seller could just ignore the issue escalated by the Customer Support, if they indeed did escalate at all. It is most likely that the last response is also one from the "How to close a query" handbook. There is no live ticket; I didn't even receive a feedback survey after this. As far as I can remember, I was able to give feedback only on conversations that went well.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    191.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 2.png
    2.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 3.png
    3.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 4.png
    4.png
    189.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 5.png
    5.png
    203.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 6.png
    6.png
    201.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 7.png
    7.png
    221.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 8.png
    8.png
    180.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
But, they seem to have been trained to close a chat as soon as possible.
There's a metric contact centers use called average handling time, or AHT, which is the average time taken to close a call or chat. They're under a lot of pressure to make sure this meets the target, and in the worse contact centers you often see behaviour much worse than what you see here. It's also why you were cold transferred twice I think.

I didn't even receive a feedback survey after this.
Could be that they actually did escalate and the ticket is marked pending. Or could be survey manipulation by the agent not allowing the survey to go out. That's pretty common in almost all contact centers.

There's a metric contact centers use called average handling time, or AHT, which is the average time taken to close a call or chat. They're under a lot of pressure to make sure this meets the target, and in the worse contact centers you often see behaviour much worse than what you see here. It's also why you were cold transferred twice I think.

Yeah, often your bonus/annual rating is tied to this metric. I always try to be as polite as I can with support center staff, be it Amazon, banks, airlines etc.

There's a metric contact centers use called average handling time, or AHT, which is the average time taken to close a call or chat.
Is this the only metric?!

It's also why you were cold transferred twice I think.
I caused the first transfer. I felt like the person isn't well informed, so decided to just wait long enough, giving them a reason to leave and replied after. The second transfer just felt like them trying to pass this to someone more experienced/informed.

Could be that they actually did escalate and the ticket is marked pending.
I don't think there's a ticket system. I once tried to return a replacement only earbuds, as it had a battery defect. They offered replacement and then return as an option on the replaced item, if there were issues on that as well. I asked about how the person I might contact later would know that return is applicable. They had no idea and just tried to close by sending generic "please be assured" "feel free to reach out" templates. Took me a while to get them write the assurance in eMail to me.

Is this the only metric?!
Of course not, but this is one of the more impt ones as far as operations in CCs go, because if you forecast X amount of calls/chats and staff Y amount of people based on an AHT of Z, then not meeting the AHT Z will cause queue buildups leading to delays in answering and call/chat abandonments etc. The last 2 are penalty metrics generally in case the CC is outsourced (meaning the staffing partner for Amazon who actually employs the agents pays Amazon a penalty in case they don't meet the target), so getting a hit on these is big no-no.

I don't think there's a ticket system.
There's always one. Whether customers are supposed to be given ticket IDs are not, incoming contacts need to be tracked for various purposes.

The prolonged chat you've had with their customer care (with them repeating the same instructions to you) is a good indication that your account has already been flagged or scheduled for a review. Anything that does not go smoothly goes against their metrics for resolving issues and it is a simpler decision for them to say that the customer is at fault rather than go down an unfamiliar rabbit hole to get this issue resolved.
Quote from another thread regarding Amazon US (Global). I didn't know Amazon has a customer rating system, I am assuming it's true for Amazon India as well. I wonder if this is why returning something is so tedious lately for me. They always want to raise an investigation first, then ship back the item which for some reason takes very long, last time it took almost a month to get my refund.

I often buy things in multiple quantities, there have been lots of incomplete amounts received and sometimes straight up very wrong items. Last time I received a dog toy instead of 30 grinder blades. Last month, I also received medical equipments instead of hammers. Even the delivery guy warned me that it might be wrong items and asked me to contact customer care if they are wrong. I told CS these things but still they won't refund me without going through the tedious process.

Anyways, I think I should buy less from Amazon now. Or should I not contact customer care often? I am not sure what to do.

Last edited:
I often buy things in multiple quantities

I've had issues with this as well. I switched to buying a single item of the same product from a unique seller in each order. It's tedious but it's cut down on returning so many orders that were shipped with a single item instead of the quantity I ordered. It usually happened with smaller sellers that with products under Rs 1000.

Recently, I purchased 5 cables and received 5, but they were not what I had ordered. Arranged a return the same day, pick up was the next day. Refund was credited for 1 cable that same day. Refund for the other 4 cables took two months of talking to customer care. Normally, I wouldn't care but these cables were nearly 800 each.

The bigger a company's customer base, the more profit increase they can show by making even a small change like saving on Re. 1 worth of packing paper. They will spin it into some BS like going green or reducing plastic of course.

Remember when McD, Pizza Hut, etc started charging extra for ketchup packets? That's a lot of "free" money.

There will come a point when the only option left to increase profits is to screw the paying customer. Az is already there, showing ads in Prime Video. Next they will say no home delivery, you have to collect at nearby shop/hub.

Mine arrived the same way.

And they sent a book with label slapped on it. No cover, nothing.

LeTs SaVe ThE eNvIrOnMeNt by causing damage. Amazon logic.
This was just cables. If they had sent a book that way, I would have lost it. Complete morons... if they think books don't need extra protection!

So, my anti sag GPU stand was "damaged" after taking a long ass time in transit, they automatically returned it before it even reached me. Meanwhile my money has to be stuck with them until it reaches the seller back and they are done with verification. It just doesn't make sense why I have to suffer because of their incompetency.

So, my anti sag GPU stand was "damaged" after taking a long ass time in transit, they automatically returned it before it even reached me. Meanwhile my money has to be stuck with them until it reaches the seller back and they are done with verification. It just doesn't make sense why I have to suffer because of their incompetency.

Start a CC chat and ask them to refund asap as the problem was during shipping. CC can do it instantly.

Start a CC chat and ask them to refund asap as the problem was during shipping. CC can do it instantly.
Talked to them multiple times, they repeat the same thing again and again. I believe they want me to wait till 14th Nov. I made the order on 8th Oct, so I have to wait more than a month in total.

And what pisses me off so much is that these customer care don't really care.

Me : I don't know why i have to wait since the item did not even reach me.

CC : Repeats the same shit and then immediately proceeds to ask "Anything else?"

Last edited:
Does Amazon usually skip the serial number on invoices these days? I'm having to chase after them because a mouse I bought in April doesn't have the sn on the invoice or the warranty slip doc and Asus is refusing warranty.

Back