Amazon India - Feedback Thread

Talked to them multiple times, they repeat the same thing again and again. I believe they want me to wait till 14th Nov. I made the order on 8th Oct, so I have to wait more than a month in total.

And what pisses me off so much is that these customer care don't really care.

Me : I don't know why i have to wait since the item did not even reach me.

CC : Repeats the same shit and then immediately proceeds to ask "Anything else?"

Escalate to jeff@amazon.com

Talked to them multiple times, they repeat the same thing again and again. I believe they want me to wait till 14th Nov. I made the order on 8th Oct, so I have to wait more than a month in total.
It's simple really: they get an interest free loan from you. The longer they delay the refund, the longer they have access to your money. Best was when they told me I should go and ask my bank about the refund. I asked for a transaction reference number and they were unable to give it, because they never actually initiated the process.

Record calls, tell them you're recording, and that you will be filing a complaint against them in consumer forum and watch the refund magically appear in your account.

Does Amazon usually skip the serial number on invoices these days? I'm having to chase after them because a mouse I bought in April doesn't have the sn on the invoice or the warranty slip doc and Asus is refusing warranty.
I think it's in the P-slip, not in invoice, since invoice is generated first, and P-slip is generated when a specific item is packed to be sent to you. Look under your order details.

It's simple really: they get an interest free loan from you. The longer they delay the refund, the longer they have access to your money. Best was when they told me I should go and ask my bank about the refund. I asked for a transaction reference number and they were unable to give it, because they never actually initiated the process.

Record calls, tell them you're recording, and that you will be filing a complaint against them in consumer forum and watch the refund magically appear in your account.

I think it's in the P-slip, not in invoice, since invoice is generated first, and P-slip is generated when a specific item is packed to be sent to you. Look under your order details.
Yeah I checked both of them, it's not there in either.

Do you think I will actually receive a response from them? I just recieved incomplete products again. When talking to a customer care, they want me to wait "4 days" again. Their last "4 days" has been 10 and yet to receive my refund.

I asked the customer care guy if there is anyway I can escalate the issue, he just won't answer me and disconnected the chat from his side.

Do you think I will actually receive a response from them? I just recieved incomplete products again. When talking to a customer care, they want me to wait "4 days" again. Their last "4 days" has been 10 and yet to receive my refund.

I asked the customer care guy if there is anyway I can escalate the issue, he just won't answer me and disconnected the chat from his side.

Yes you will. It goes through escalation team, so better than usual CC.

You're right, the serial of the PSU I ordered last week is missing from both. Just spoke to CC and raised a ticket
Update: As always, CC promises a resolution within 5 working days post which they promise to call you back. As we all know that never happens.

So today I had some free time and decided to follow up. The first person (Level 1) I spoke to asks me to detail the issue, even though I had provided all the required info last week.
Having gone through this dance numerous times, I know this is a tactic employed by Amazon CC to frustrate you and tire you out, to make you think this isn't worth the trouble, and just give up.
I told him the ticket has already been raised for this product, and I would like an update on it.
Predictably, he couldn't tell what the issue was because the ticket doesn't exist except in imagination.
He kept asking for info regarding the issue like a broken record, and I kept asking him to transfer to a Supervisor. The logic was:
  1. He can access only my order history, not ticket history, so no use talking to him
  2. He can access my ticket history, but no ticket was created, so no use talking to him
After 40+ minutes, a Supervisor comes on the line, confirms no previous ticket exists, and asks me to resend the required images. I refused, saying I already sent it last week, and if they want to contest it, I have the links they sent me on record. Then magically they manage to find the images I sent last week, and took their sweet time to raise a new ticket and email me the ticket number. So at least I have some shadow of a proof that I wasted nearly an hour on the phone with them.

While I was "on hold" waiting, I managed to open INGRAM and file a grievance. That in itself should show how much time these people waste.

TLDR:
  • Just because you spoke to CC doesn't mean your issue was actually documented and ticket raised
  • Every time you talk to them, "5 more days" is the defacto reply
  • Their aim is to repeat this process until you give up out of frustration
  • So wait only for 5 days in total, and then file a consumer complaint online. It's literally the CC's job to waste your time and make you give up, so don't waste your energy on them
  • Always pay by credit card only. In case of any issues they fail to resolve, you can always dispute with your bank and get your money back
=====================

PSA to those who purchased something recently:​

If you bought an electronic item, verify the serial number is mentioned in the P-slip. Without it, you won't be able to claim manufacturer warranty.
My previous purchase was on 2nd August, and I can confirm the serial number was present then. Some time after that, it seems to be missing for some purchases.

Edit: Here's a reference P-slip showing where to find the serial number of a product. Usually the Invoice will not have it, and this is where you find it:

P slip.jpg

Last edited:
I just buy food items,clothes,random stuff (pen,lamp,greeting card) online. I always opt for COD, if COD is not available I skip the item. Any reasonable value electronic item is bought from a regular "brick and mortar" store. This has worked for me, hope this helps.

Recently purchased an extra TPlink X20 deco 1-pack. The outer Amazon packaging was fine.
However, the unit was a refurbished piece. Additionally, serial number on product and the outer box did not match, and it was DOA.
Placed a return request and got a refund. After a number of calls. They initially asked me to go to service center.
Seller was Appario.

Not the first time that I have received refurbished items during a sale. Seems like a pattern and not a one-off logistics error.

Not the first time that I have received refurbished items during a sale. Seems like a pattern and not a one-off logistics error.
Happened to me with a pair of headphones. The unsealed box even had part of the previous order's sticker on it, and a really old import date.
Replacement was approved without question, and came sealed, and had a more recent import date.

Guess instead of selling returned items as refurbished, Az fraudulently sells them as new at full price hoping buyer doesn't notice/create a fuss.

Just had the worst experience with Amazon support over this serial number issue. All of their chat agents kept transferring the chat. First one also tried to "arrange a callback" and instead just arranged a call to the general helpline trying to pass the buck. Last one literally did the chat equivalent of shouting over me and hanging up. He said he forwarded the issue to his "leads" to create a ticket, I insisted he either create the ticket himself and give me the ID or transfer it to a supervisor. Literally ignored me and ended the chat.

I'm absolutely goddamn furious with these incompetent people.

Last one literally did the chat equivalent of shouting over me and hanging up.
Record and post on Amazon India fb page, they are very active and serious there.

I remember, take my issue there, saw a person openly speaking about damaged refrigerator he received:
HE posted, if his issue is not addressed (he shared his phone number, same registered with amazon account) he will set the fridge on fire in open ground and make a video, which will catch heat/attention.. after few hours, replied again his issue was resolved on priority.
This was 2 months back, i hope if there is an easy way to find my post in that fb page update to post here.

Happened to me with a pair of headphones. The unsealed box even had part of the previous order's sticker on it, and a really old import date.
Replacement was approved without question, and came sealed, and had a more recent import date.

Guess instead of selling returned items as refurbished, Az fraudulently sells them as new at full price hoping buyer doesn't notice/create a fuss.
Same happened here...ordered antec hcg1000w psu as someone posted about the ongoing discount at that time and it was way cheaper for 7200....ordered it on 26th October and was delivered next day and i was away from home till next week and came back a day after return window was closed and checked it then and man there were only 2 cables in it and not even the power cable.....i raised the complaint but not via chat via call only....told them that i was sold an old power supply by saying brand new and there are no cables inside as they come with it.....they took some time, then asked me to upload pics with username and that days date and then they put up an inquiry and asked to call back after 5 days and after 5 days i chatted with customer service and they created return for it.....i took deep sigh then.....though i asked them to do a replacement which they denied.

Same happened here...ordered antec hcg1000w psu as someone posted about the ongoing discount at that time and it was way cheaper for 7200....ordered it on 26th October and was delivered next day and i was away from home till next week and came back a day after return window was closed and checked it then and man there were only 2 cables in it and not even the power cable.....i raised the complaint but not via chat via call only....told them that i was sold an old power supply by saying brand new and there are no cables inside as they come with it.....they took some time, then asked me to upload pics with username and that days date and then they put up an inquiry and asked to call back after 5 days and after 5 days i chatted with customer service and they created return for it.....i took deep sigh then.....though i asked them to do a replacement which they denied.
Oh damn. I got a sealed unit with all the cables, and so far it seems to be working fine. However the serial number is missing in invoice & P-slip, so fighting with CC over that

First they sell refurbished items for just 10-20% less than MRP and sans the manufacturer warranty, and now they outright defraud the customer by selling used/returned items as new.

Typical Amazon moment. Their metric for solving issues is to just mark it as solved instead of actually resolving it. Wonder what Ingram will say

screenshot_20231116174730.png

Just had the worst experience with Amazon support over this serial number issue. All of their chat agents kept transferring the chat.
Their chat, especially those "specialized" team seem to be very arrogant and annoying recently, or I am not sure if I am just late at noticing it. Their usual customer service people won't handle anything a bit unusual anymore and just transfer it every time.
Typical Amazon moment. Their metric for solving issues is to just mark it as solved instead of actually resolving it. Wonder what Ingram will say

View attachment 182992
I just submitted a complaint to INGRAM as well, let's see how it goes.

View attachment 182992
At least amazon executives don't call dozen times repeating same scripted conversation of "issue has been noted & will be resolved before .." & then still close the issue as resolved without actually resolving anything in case of flipkart.
I just submitted a complaint to INGRAM as well, let's see how it goes.
Don't hold much hope as complaining there yield result depending on your luck as per my experience.

Back