Amazon India - Feedback Thread

At least amazon executives don't call dozen times repeating same scripted conversation of "issue has been noted & will be resolved before .." & then still close the issue as resolved without actually resolving anything in case of flipkart.

Don't hold much hope as complaining there yield result depending on your luck as per my experience.
Amazon customer care be like:
screenshot_20231116180742.png

Emailed and requested update on my ticket since the call scheduled for today never came. This was their response (I had even shared a pic of the serial # with them):

screenshot_20231118232258.png

Emailed and requested update on my ticket since the call scheduled for today never came. This was their response (I had even shared a pic of the serial # with them):

View attachment 183149
A similar update from flipkart, escalated the issue to their 2nd/last level of contact for a customer & their reply was same that they cannot regenerate invoice with serial number & basically you are on your own if face any issue in future regarding availing warranty.

View attachment 183149
Extremely frustrating to have to deal with such stupidity. You must've mentioned before but it's slipped my mind, which product are you trying to get this for?

I sent a direct email to cs-reply@ today, and in return they did that thing where you get a call and get connected to the general helpline, but the helpline guys think that you called them, not the other way around.

Took 35 mins but at least this time the woman I spoke to was polite and actually gave me a ticket ID. Now what happens with that ticket, who knows, I'll probably get the same response as you.

A similar update from flipkart, escalated the issue to their 2nd/last level of contact for a customer & their reply was same that they cannot regenerate invoice with serial number & basically you are on your own if face any issue in future regarding availing warranty.
I'm just waiting to see what Ingram does. If they also can't get an invoice with serial no., I'll request a chargeback on the credit card. A valid bill is part of any transaction. If Az is unable to produce a valid bill, which is required to get the advertised 10 year warranty, then it amounts to fraud.

Extremely frustrating to have to deal with such stupidity. You must've mentioned before but it's slipped my mind, which product are you trying to get this for?
Antec PSU. But it's not limited to a particular product cateogory as such, if you go through previous posts. Seems like sheer carelessness from Az

I'm just waiting to see what Ingram does. If they also can't get an invoice with serial no., I'll request a chargeback on the credit card. A valid bill is part of any transaction. If Az is unable to produce a valid bill, which is required to get the advertised 10 year warranty, then it amounts to fraud.
Be careful with chargeback as it might put your acc into "risky" category meaning no more good user specific offers/default rejection of any return/replacement request in future etc. I suggest to contact brand first via email explaining your issue & if the brand reply in email that warranty won't be given/extended as per invoice date if not containing serial number then you may go ahead with chargeback.

Wouldn’t advise chargeback unless you want Amazon to likely permanently ban your account and IP.
A difficult route is via consumer court since invoice with bill is mandatory for the item for warranty (of course after the brand refuses warranty even when you’ve an emailed reply from Amazon about the bill).

Update: Amazon just emailed me an updated PDF invoice with the Serial Number:

screenshot_20231122140434.png

The font looked off, so I clicked on it and it is an editable textbox where I can enter anything!

screenshot_20231122140510.png

So it is like a fillable PDF lol. I think I'll let the matter rest for now. If I ever need to claim warranty on it and Antec doesn't honour it, I'll deal with it then.

Not sure if it was Ingram that made them spring to action and provide a passable invoice, or they actually opened a support ticket and mailed me the ID. I want to say it's the former, given their relatively faster response this time.

View attachment 183523

The font looked off, so I clicked on it and it is an editable textbox where I can enter anything!

View attachment 183524

So it is like a fillable PDF lol. I think I'll let the matter rest for now. If I ever need to claim warranty on it and Antec doesn't honour it, I'll deal with it then.

Not sure if it was Ingram that made them spring to action and provide a passable invoice, or they actually opened a support ticket and mailed me the ID. I want to say it's the former, given their relatively faster response this time.
What category did you pick for the ingram request?

View attachment 183523

View attachment 183524

Lucky for you. Zotac won't even consider warranty for very old sold stock irrespective of whether the invoice has serial no. or not. No idea about other brands policy regarding this so need to contact each brand to confirm warranty duration if getting more than a year old stock in some "loot deal" on fk/amazon.

Lucky for you. Zotac won't even consider warranty for very old sold stock irrespective of whether the invoice has serial no. or not. No idea about other brands policy regarding this so need to contact each brand to confirm warranty duration if getting more than a year old stock in some "loot deal" on fk/amazon.
I doubt FK showed a reduced warranty period and no one noticed it before buying. If they claimed 3+2 years, then it is false advertising. Since Ingram is slow, go ahead and file a complaint, you can cancel if required later

Gigabyte i know of...if item is old and bought after 1 yr or more then they will consider warranty using manufacturing date only

Serial No Issue -
So i had few products which did not have serial no in Pslip - most important was - Patriot DDR5 RAM, XPG Power Supply, both had long warranties.

1) Called up Amazon CC - CC was patient, understood issue, and eventually asked me to first check against warranty provider. If no reply, then they will look at it. As per them, serial no for some products is not needed, and they did not have serial no in database for these products ( or something like that)
2) For Patriot Ram, called up ananditinfotech. Guy was helpful, got reply that there is no issue. Amazon usually does not provide serial no in invoice and that wont be a problem. I had sent email few days back and they replied on it after calling.
3) Adata/XPG. Who to contact was a bit confusing at first. Product had a support slip included in box which mentioned that Acro provided warranty support but email was 'shankars@gigabyte.in'.
Gigabyte guy forwarded to some other gigabyte guy but eventually both stopped replying once they realized that product was XPG.
Eventually called Acro Mumbai and they gave number for someone in Lamington from Acro.
She said same thing as ananditinfotech - amazon does not add serial no in bill, and its ok and warranty is still valid.
4) Meanwhile, this week i successfully received a replacement from caresmith for a product that did not have serial no in bill ( i think caresmith was seller too). Was hasslefree.

Maybe one reason why this might be ok is that usually import date and bill date wont be too far apart and so warranty provider only has to extend warranty for some months beyond import date+warranty duration.
Why Asus denied warranty for someone i dont know, maybe asus support is getting bad ( as we saw with how they initially handled AMD issues )

Maybe one reason why this might be ok is that usually import date and bill date wont be too far apart and so warranty provider only has to extend warranty for some months beyond import date+warranty duration.
Not maybe, this is most likely the reason for any product with around 3-5 years warranty being sold around 2 or more years after its mfg date like flikpkart is doing recently for many of its "very good deals" regarding pc components. Maybe that's why amazon has not been able to match flipkart prices in some recent processor/graphics card/mobo deals as fk is selling very old stock in those deals (yet to see someone receiving a 2 years old processor/graphics card/mobo from amazon). I suspect flipkart is getting such old stock at very cheap rates & then offering them at "good discount" to unsuspecting buyers still making decent profits as well as getting rep for better deals than amazon for pc components.

Last edited:
Not maybe, this is most likely the reason for any product with around 3-5 years warranty being sold around 2 or more years after its mfg date like flikpkart is doing recently for many of its "very good deals" regarding pc components. Maybe that's why amazon has not been able to match flipkart prices in some recent processor/graphics card/mobo deals as fk is selling very old stock in those deals (yet to see someone receiving a 2 years old processor/graphics card/mobo from amazon).
thats not the case always, i got a 6700 @20.8k around april .
The import date was around 5-7 months ,depending on the units received by people.

I suspect flipkart is getting such old stock at very cheap rates & then offering them at "good discount" to unsuspecting buyers still making decent profits as well as getting rep for better deals than amazon for pc components.
It would not have been bad if they could be upfront about it and give appropriate discount.
But yeah apparent discount increases if you hide, and many might not want stuff without proper warranty irrespective of discount.

Because of reputation, i have not ordered any electronics from Flipkart since 2-3 years. Never had any problems earlier, but now i don't bother.

thats not the case always, i got a 6700 @20.8k around april .
The import date was around 5-7 months ,depending on the units received by people.
6700 is anyway a recent product, I guess I could have worded it like "any product released/launched at least 1-2 years ago in Indian mkt & available at flipkart in some very good deal then likely very old stock".

It would not have been bad if they could be upfront about it and give appropriate discount.
But yeah apparent discount increases if you hide, and many might not want stuff without proper warranty irrespective of discount.

Because of reputation, i have not ordered any electronics from Flipkart since 2-3 years. Never had any problems earlier, but now i don't bother.
I would have asked for at least 50% discount on top of fk deal price for a product having 2-3 years warranty but remained with only 8 months warranty.

photo_2023-12-11 08.38.44.jpeg

Received a couple of CCTV's in clear tamper-evident packaging. I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

It's good because you can inspect the package to see what's inside, if it's been opened or damaged and then decide whether to accept it or not.

It's bad because now everyone (delivery person, security, other tenants/neighbours) knows what you're buying.

What's funny is that there was a finger sized hole in the bag that appears to have been made by whoever packaged this order. It looks like they forgot to include the packing receipt so they rolled it up and shoved it inside, haha.

Received a couple of CCTV's in clear tamper-evident packaging. I can't decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

It's good because you can inspect the package to see what's inside, if it's been opened or damaged and then decide whether to accept it or not.
What's the difference/benefit between this & typical packaging with otp based open box delivery where you open the package in front of delivery person & take out the product?

Back