Amazon India - Feedback Thread

Thank you for submitting a customer review.

Thank you for submitting a customer review on Amazon. After carefully reviewing your submission, your review could not be posted to the website. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:
http://www.amazon.in/review-guidelines
Ocean Free Aquarium Medicine White Spot Special, 240 ml
★
from Gautam K on 14 October, 2019

Tampered product

Tampered product. The product seal was already opened when I received it. I had to use the product since the fish would have died if I returned and waited for replacement. Also one of the worst packing I had seen. No bubble pack and the liquid had spilled out marginally inside the Amazon packing cover. Pathetic packing and careless seller.​
Review turned down in Amazon - Not sure why Amazon should turn down a negative review. This is a insignificant product but what if it is high end products like TV, refrigerators etc... Most people buy the products with pros and cons from the reviews and if Amazon expects all review should be positive something is wrong.

Thank you for submitting a customer review.

Thank you for submitting a customer review on Amazon. After carefully reviewing your submission, your review could not be posted to the website. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:
http://www.amazon.in/review-guidelines

Ocean Free Aquarium Medicine White Spot Special, 240 ml
★
from Gautam K on 14 October, 2019

Tampered product

Tampered product. The product seal was already opened when I received it. I had to use the product since the fish would have died if I returned and waited for replacement. Also one of the worst packing I had seen. No bubble pack and the liquid had spilled out marginally inside the Amazon packing cover. Pathetic packing and careless seller.​
Review turned down in Amazon - Not sure why Amazon should turn down a negative review. This is a insignificant product but what if it is high end products like TV, refrigerators etc... Most people buy the products with pros and cons from the reviews and if Amazon expects all review should be positive something is wrong.

Most likely because it was a prime order which means Amazon is responsible for packing and delivery

Most likely because it was a prime order which means Amazon is responsible for packing and delivery
Yes, it was a Prime order sold by cloudtail and fulfilled by Amazon. Well then most of the positive reviews glorifying a product should be a paid one especially if it is sold by cloudtail and fulfilled by Amazon. Unbelievable.

Yes, it was a Prime order sold by cloudtail and fulfilled by Amazon. Well then most of the positive reviews glorifying a product should be a paid one especially if it is sold by cloudtail and fulfilled by Amazon. Unbelievable.
There are two types of reviews on Amazon, seller reviews and product reviews. SOmetimes the reviews get cancelled due to mix up i,e posting a product review under a seller review or vice - versa. Check whether your case was similar or not.

They removed the review because according to Amazon, reviewers are not supposed to talk negative about delivery, packaging and seller experience in the product review section. Product reviews are only meant for products. You can leave a negative feedback in seller's profile on which amazon will respond (if the product is Amazon fulfilled) by saying "we are responsible for the fulfillment experience" the review will stay there but the ratings won't be added to seller's profile. Negative reviews talking about product are not removed in any case.

Amazon is nothing but a cheat company. They once refused a replacement because I sent the product back to them twice because it arrived damaged both the times.
They cited suspicious activity.

luckily i opened the box in front of their courier guy and recorded the the unboxing or broken product on on video on my phone. it took them 2 weeks to sort out the issue and finally refunded my money. I had ordered a Microwave

I always make a unboxing video whenever I purchase anything over 2-3k from Amazon. Just buy an inexpensive tripod worth RS 600 and record everything from your phone. I have also noticed that the return policy of Flipkart is far better than Amazon. Flipkart arranges reverse pickup and returns money superfast while Amazon sometimes forces us to ship the product ourself. Once I almost forgot about a refund of a 4-5k dress and had to ask Amazon CC for the refund. Never faced such issues with Flipkart or Myntra.

I always make a unboxing video whenever I purchase anything over 2-3k from Amazon. Just buy an inexpensive tripod worth RS 600 and record everything from your phone. I have also noticed that the return policy of Flipkart is far better than Amazon. Flipkart arranges reverse pickup and returns money superfast while Amazon sometimes forces us to ship the product ourself. Once I almost forgot about a refund of a 4-5k dress and had to ask Amazon CC for the refund. Never faced such issues with Flipkart or Myntra.

Umm not unless you buy from third party vendors. Amazon-fulfilled orders always have free return pick up.

Umm not unless you buy from third party vendors. Amazon-fulfilled orders always have free return pick up.
True.
I only buy expensive products on Amazon from Sellers like cloudtail, Appario, Darshita (for cell phones) etc.
I mostly avoid 3rd party sellers.
I once made a mistake of ordering a wrong motherboard via amazon back in 2017 (cloudtail seller) they happily replaced the product when I spoke to the customer care executive but this was when they allowed replacement or refund now their policies have changed i suppose.

Not a single person i know off this forum checks the seller before hitting the buy button. I dunno why they don't get it either...

Amazon also arrange Return Pickup free of cost with Amazon Fullfill items and replacement item dropped at the same time.

Amazon / Flipkart stop Refund Policy in India here becuase the abuse of the policy by us Indians, Many people start buying expensive phones / Laptops / Tablets / DSLR use it for some days and just before refund window close they apply for refund and get back their money. Some of them open their Youtube channel and start reviewing products in this way....pretty soon these Indian E-Retailes generate huge pile of expensive gadgets as second hand / open box stock. So they have to shut down the Refund policy completly.

now return and replacement only applicable if the goods is damaged during transit / DOA / Missing parts etc and in these case if they are unable to provide the replacement, then buyer will eligible for refund...Once the refund intiated the money will credited automatically to the buyers original mode of payment.

Last edited:
My experience is the exact opposite. Flipkart is such a steaming pile of shit that I hardly order from them 2-3 times a year. Amazon, more like 60-70 times a year.
While I had issues with some items from their Pantry, the escalation team is THE BEST. Extremely good follow up, and replacement or refunds without issues.

I think everyone (at least here) knows that. I was talking about Flipkart because they arrange pickup even if the orders are not Flipkart assured. The returns are super fast in Flipkart. Once I ordered a Denim jacket and got a zipper instead so I returned it and the money got credited in my account the moment the product got picked from my location. For electronics, I prefer Amazon mainly because they have more variety. For fashion, Amazon is total garbage. Flipkart and Myntra are way ahead IMO.

Amazon also arrange Return Pickup free of cost with Amazon Fullfill items and replacement item dropped at the same time.

Amazon / Flipkart stop Refund Policy in India here becuase the abuse of the policy by us Indians, Many people start buying expensive phones / Laptops / Tablets / DSLR use it for some days and just before refund window close they apply for refund and get back their money. Some of them open their Youtube channel and start reviewing products in this way....pretty soon these Indian E-Retailes generate huge pile of expensive gadgets as second hand / open box stock. So they have to shut down the Refund policy completly.

now return and replacement only applicable if the goods is damaged during transit / DOA / Missing parts etc and in these case if they are unable to provide the replacement, then buyer will eligible for refund...Once the refund intiated the money will credited automatically to the buyers original mode of payment.
It was long ago. Flipkart also reduced the return duration from 30 days to 10 days for electronics for the same reason I guess. Well once I ordered a Phillips trimmer from Amazon and ended up not liking it because of its bad design. I returned it and even though it was mentioned as 'replaceable' not 'returnable', Amazon refunded the money and I ordered a Panasonic trimmer. Amazon is great for non fashion products. The only issue is their packaging. I recently ordered a camera and it was not even bubble wrapped. Prime abgb, MD computers, even Kiazen infotech are far better than Amazon in terms of packaging.
My experience is the exact opposite. Flipkart is such a steaming pile of shit that I hardly order from them 2-3 times a year. Amazon, more like 60-70 times a year.
While I had issues with some items from their Pantry, the escalation team is THE BEST. Extremely good follow up, and replacement or refunds without issues.
I haven't ordered anything expensive from flipkart in recent times and as far as other things and fashion is concerned, I haven't faced any problems with returns or refunds. Once the product was not picked up so I msged them and they refunded the money even before the pickup. The pickup happened after 1-2 months but I got my money on time so I can't complain much.

Last edited:
I think everyone (at least here) knows that. I was talking about Flipkart because they arrange pickup even if the orders are not Flipkart assured. The returns are super fast in Flipkart. Once I ordered a Denim jacket and got a zipper instead so I returned it and the money got credited in my account the moment the product got picked from my location. For electronics, I prefer Amazon mainly because they have more variety. For fashion, Amazon is total garbage. Flipkart and Myntra are way ahead IMO.

It was long ago. Flipkart also reduced the return duration from 30 days to 10 days for electronics for the same reason I guess. Well once I ordered a Phillips trimmer from Amazon and ended up not liking it because of its bad design. I returned it and even though it was mentioned as 'replaceable' not 'returnable', Amazon refunded the money and I ordered a Panasonic trimmer. Amazon is great for non fashion products. The only issue is their packaging. I recently ordered a camera and it was not even bubble wrapped. Prime abgb, MD computers, even Kiazen infotech are far better than Amazon in terms of packaging.

I haven't ordered anything expensive from flipkart in recent times and as far as other things and fashion is concerned, I haven't faced any problems with returns or refunds. Once the product was not picked up so I msged them and they refunded the money even before the pickup. The pickup happened after 1-2 months but I got my money on time so I can't complain much.
Yeah, Amazon fashion is bad. But i got my Myntra account hacked last year, and somebody ordered an item using wallet money i had lying around. I contacted Myntra the moment the order went through, but they did not do anything except tell me "pliss contact Cybercrime". At least they could have cancelled the order, but I called them twice for 3 days, and the order still got delivered.

That was the day I stopped buying from FK and Myntra. Chors !

Amazon packaging guys.
Be careful when you order fragile/electronic items. I ordered a mousepad so it's not too bad but this is NOT how orders should be shipped. I don't know who to blame: their courier delivery employees or Amazon themselves.
I haven't opened it up yet. I'll do it later.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1617964623887~2.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1617964623887~2.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 193
Amazon packaging guys.
Be careful when you order fragile/electronic items. I ordered a mousepad so it's not too bad but this is NOT how orders should be shipped. I don't know who to blame: their courier delivery employees or Amazon themselves.
I haven't opened it up yet. I'll do it later.
This has become like a normal thing for us of late. I'm pretty certain it's the last point delivery personnel.

Had got several packages as such (Product's Box) without external packing neither cardboard box nor plastic packing. Also very slow delivery delivery times even if the seller is Apario/Cloudtail.

This has become like a normal thing for us of late. I'm pretty certain it's the last point delivery personnel.
My concern is if customers complained/reported to Amazon and if Amazon is doing anything about it. I would've freaked out if it was a more expensive or fragile item like a cpu or motherboard. I didn't mind it as it was just a mousepad.
But I'm now getting second thoughts now for future orders.
Also very slow delivery delivery times even if the seller is Apario/Cloudtail.
I got the "will be delivered between" email and I waited the whole day but it never came. I kept on calling but he didn't pick up. The delivery guy came the next day but didn't bother calling me so I couldn't receive it. I was already away then. I called him today and asked him to make my delivery the first one. The problem here is I'm extremely busy nowadays especially during the day time so I wish their delivery partners would follow the info as received in the mail. And then I received one of my orders in that condition.

Last edited:
Back