AMD 6000 series graphics cards

That is assuming they actually get some chips in the first place LOL.

Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Did horizon port improve after launch on pc? Cause i had no issues with it and throughly enjoyed it.
It did improve with the first few patches
Has no reviewer done any review and assessment of SAM or what? If the 6x is still lagging behind then that SAM might be the only saving grace for people with AMD processor. Obviously useless for Intel guys. It might also give people some interest to get the new Zen 3 chips.
Also price wise what sounds better: the RX 6800 or the RTX 3070? Not going to buy. Just curious.
Look at the Gamers Nexus review. They did separate testing for SAM. Conclusion was its hit or miss

RX 6000 series reference cards cooler is a joke ,Aibs would build good coolers and most probably oc it as well ,RTX is not that great but the card is a good deal on long run,16 gb vram covers you for years atleast for gaming ,but wait for 3070ti /super that would be the 4k/60 fps card sweet spot

AIB partners are going to have fun with these chips. Hope they push them to their freaking limits
I hope not in the price Field :eek:

anyways OC at frequency don't matter a lot to us any way. I don't think we will see a card with 3ghz clock speed. 2.8ghz is what been the limit and I have seen 2.7Ghz OC but successful one is 2.675Ghz and this was stock card. What I expect is lower temps and fan noise from Aib Cards, anything else will be a bonus for the consumer for paying 15k to 20k premium.
RX 6000 series reference cards cooler is a joke ,Aibs would build good coolers and most probably oc it as well ,RTX is not that great but the card is a good deal on long run,16 gb vram covers you for years atleast for gaming ,but wait for 3070ti /super that would be the 4k/60 fps card sweet spot
I don't see people paying for a 4k 60hz monitor if gaming is concerned. it will still be a year or so for 4k 144hz to be a norm!
Says one card available but unable to order.
I found that Their latest section on home screen was more accurate then the latest product page :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Not sure what you mean - most reviewers say its whisper quiet and runs the card at 75 degrees edge and 95 degrees hotspot on the 6800 XT and even lower on the 6800. The 6800 cooler is 3dB noisier however.

Not sure what you mean - most reviewers say its whisper quiet and runs the card at 75 degrees edge and 95 degrees hotspot on the 6800 XT and even lower on the 6800. The 6800 cooler is 3dB noisier however.
joke in the sense there are multiple layers which are having minimal contact with the vapor chamber i.e the actual cooler fins ,the card can maybe oc hard and even maintain lower temps than the current reference design with OC ,i am waiting for some mods rx 6800 to rx 6800xt :sunglasses:

joke in the sense there are multiple layers which are having minimal contact with the vapor chamber i.e the actual cooler fins ,the card can maybe oc hard and even maintain lower temps than the current reference design with OC ,i am waiting for some mods rx 6800 to rx 6800xt :sunglasses:
If you are referring to the two ram chips Steve was ranting about in the GN teardown, its gonna be a non issue. Samsung GDDR6 doesn't run hot unlike micron GDDR6X.

If you are referring to the two ram chips Steve was ranting about in the GN teardown, its gonna be a non issue. Samsung GDDR6 doesn't run hot unlike micron GDDR6X.
though you saw the video ,you missed the detail ,first off all gpu chip doesn't use thermal compound solution rather a hitachi graphite thermal pad and there is a intermediate plate between the contact surface of gpu and the vapor chamber not good

EAch GPU are neck and neck and vary very slightly in different games.
One thing to note is thermals are much better on 6800XT , than 3080. Possibly this will lead to better longevity of the card. But if we are to go AMD route ,then we need to stick to freesync which from the online articles isnt as refined as Gsync.. So pretty confused right now..

though you saw the video ,you missed the detail ,first off all gpu chip doesn't use thermal compound solution rather a hitachi graphite thermal pad and there is a intermediate plate between the contact surface of gpu and the vapor chamber not good
The Hitachi pad is pretty good - better than cheap paste and leads to uniformity between samples.

The pad makes direct contact with the vapour chamber.

One thing to note is thermals are much better on 6800XT , than 3080. Possibly this will lead to better longevity of the card. But if we are to go AMD route ,then we need to stick to freesync which from the online articles isnt as refined as Gsync.. So pretty confused right now..
I would say RX 6800XT will age like a good wine ;) again depending what you can get for a good price, buy that. like someone bought Colorful 3080 for 74k to 78k. if 74k, get it. else wait !

I would say RX 6800XT will age like a good wine ;) again depending what you can get for a good price, buy that. like someone bought Colorful 3080 for 74k to 78k. if 74k, get it. else wait !
I am planning to get from U.S , so should be much cheaper.. Since there is still a solid few months , and stocks are also not easy to get in U.S , I am hoping things will settle a bit by the time my brothers comes... *fingers crossed*

I just feel whether nvidia is just simply too mature now wrt gsync , better games compatibilty , windows driver wise , and even performance on Ray Tracing wise.. or even dlss..
I might stick to AMD CPU , but torn between amd and nvidia on GPU

yesterday i got a red team mailer with “special links” to buy the cards. clicked them and “out of stock” in less than 2mins. frustrating.
1605907124134.png

are they trying to create a fake demand by keeping supply low ? So that AIB cards with hiked markup can make profit ? Its not like they have stock also.. But given the situation , it might take 2-3 months to settle i think.

The typical trend is that the 6800 XT is faster in 1080p and 1440p while 3080 is faster at 4k. It is obvious that nvidia is facing a resource utilisation issue with ampere.

As for VRR, both use displayport and hdmi 2.1 VRR which is identical. The FPGA based gsync modules are more or less gone now so it is a parity there.

Finally there are nvidia board partners who offer 4 year warranty (gigabyte) and 5 year warranty (Zotac). So if you are worried by longevity, get one of those.

are they trying to create a fake demand by keeping supply low ? So that AIB cards with hiked markup can make profit ? Its not like they have stock also.. But given the situation , it might take 2-3 months to settle i think.
As per the news, majority of the resources as been allocated to `primary amd board partners` ! others still are expecting things in the `mid-december`. mostly its `ausu` or `msi` as they make cards for `amd` as well as `nvidia`.

Next year Q1 is when amd will focus more on their own `reference cards` production due to limitations.

First it was Corona this year, then not being able to buy either PS5/Nvidia GPU/AMD GPU is another jolt. Damn, it is so hard to wait and now this Steam sale is also on the Horizon, so many pending games.
As per the news, majority of the resources as been allocated to `primary amd board partners` ! others still are expecting things in the `mid-december`. mostly its `ausu` or `msi` as they make cards for `amd` as well as `nvidia`.

Next year Q1 is when amd will focus more on their own `reference cards` production due to limitations.
Yeah saw the news. I think TSMC is like in all hands up situation. So much demand and so not able to fulfill all of it.

Back