AMD 6000 series graphics cards

I am on this driver version. Just got the GPU a week ago. However, I am with a 6700 XT. Waiting, watching and ...should I be praying?:nailbiting:
Why are you still praying? Take the easy way out by installing an old driver. There are nothing new for 6xxx series in the last 2 (or 3) driver versions anyway.

I am on this driver version. Just got the GPU a week ago. However, I am with a 6700 XT. Waiting, watching and ...should I be praying?:nailbiting:

Highly doubt if prices will get any lower for the lower end of the 6000 series such as 6700XT or the 6600. Taxes will still be the same and more importantly the greed of retailers will not vanish.
Saw this today, and I feel it's because of GPU going crazy with temps and some internal wiring getting short, that caused another rise in Temps, causing the silicon to break. (Ref -
).
Would recommend to rollback the drivers.

Saw this today, and I feel it's because of GPU going crazy with temps and some internal wiring getting short, that caused another rise in Temps, causing the silicon to break. (Ref -
).
just watching this right now!
I was not at all feeling any issue on 22.11.2. to me honest, the drivers was smooth for me. I use to get the shutter effect on my system before that. Don't remember if it exist on 22.11.1 which I have downgraded to. lets see ...

Last edited:
).
I have not faced any problems so far with my 6700XT. Whatever I have seen so far it shows the 6800 and 6900 cards. However, better safe than sorry so downloading the only other available version from the AMD website - Adrenalin 22.5.1 (WHQL)
Installed the above version. Hopefully, now I will be safe.

Last edited:
I gave my X1900GT away to someone. It was sapphire stock one.

View attachment 92664

Exactly how it looked. I remember that X1900 XTX used to be a beast of a card.
awesome

im still using GIGABYTE HD 7770 OC 1 GB
1674369361922.png

Keypoints for those who don't want to watch the whole video:
  • Drivers are NOT the problem
  • All cards performed the same (powerwise) despite different drivers
  • MBA cards run hot due to the non aggressive stock fan curve
  • 1 MBA card was sent to x-ray due to constant crashing, all others performed well and were stable
  • Damaged cards were bought from the internet, no receipt. KrisFix suspects they come from the same owner (suspected miner) and the damage was caused due to improper provisioning
And that's why everyone should stay away from 'mined cards'.

Back