CPU/Mobo AMD Bulldozer Discussion Thread

rabid.parrots said:
my god, amd really has a nuke up their sleeve.

good thing i managed to convince my dad to wait for bulldozer.

finally, my amd fanboy dreams are coming true
Arre parrot, read the whole thing again. It is performing sub-par. But I am guessing it will at least be better than Phenom chips so we will have something in the mid range.

Rumour: AMD's AM3+ CPUs delayed until September | bit-tech.net
The reason for the delay, industry sources have explained to us, is that the first B0 stepping of the processors that AMD shipped to motherboard manufacturers in March was chronically unstable. This forced AMD to rethink the design of the processor die, a process which takes time.

AMD has now allegedly fixed this instability with the new B1 stepping of the AM3+ processors, we’re told, although the fix comes at the cost of being able to overclock the chip. As a result, AMD is apparently hard at work on a second revision to the design, which should allow the processors to be overclocked.

These problems have pushed the back the processors' release date significantly, though, as motherboard manufacturers have only just started designing BIOSes for the processors as they haven’t had stable samples with which to work until now. However, one silver lining for AMD fans is that we were told that, apart from the known issues, the performance of the processors was good.

If the rumour is true, it would put motherboard manufacturers in the tricky situation of trying to sell AM3+ motherboards to the public without any AM3+ processors on the market for the next four months, however.

Everyone is coming with their own theory. Hold your horses guys tomorrow morning AMD will address press so we will eventually know about the status of Bulldozer and Llano products.

baccilus said:
Arre parrot, read the whole thing again. It is performing sub-par. But I am guessing it will at least be better than Phenom chips so we will have something in the mid range.
nono, i mean what i say, if amd is holding release to actually give a new stepping, then they must be very sure of thrashing intel's a$$ come august, no??

MAGNeT said:
LLano is for lappies right?And bulldozer for desktop or enthusiast level?

I am confused.
Copying from my previous post.

Llano is the codename of mid / sub high end APU's which are built using improved K10 architechture marketed as A series APU. These forms the basic of Sabine platform for laptops and Lynx for desktop. The new husky core has improved gating and power management techniques making it far superior to that of current Phenom II in respect to performance and power management. Llano will be replaced by Trinity in the next APU refresh. Llano will be launched at Computex next week.

AMD Fusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow, to think this could have been the first time since, well Athlon X2 was first introduced in what 2006? to take an upper hand over Intel and they screwed it.

with so many models coming out does anybody plan to make a chart of core -to-core performance and not chip to chip?because currently my mind is flabbergasted with the numbers and i just dont wanna know if some 4cores will beat intels 2 cores or shit(are they cores or vegetables from a grocery shop?everyone wants "more" cores !lol)i wanna know how the independent cores of the new BD ,llano ,zambezi compare to the independent cores of previous generation II like 955 or 965 cause i will be upgrading soon and these were looking like good options also in terms of OC(yea 2500k,2600k kick some serious ass but still..)...

^ If you have gone through BD architecture that was previewed in september last year. AMD touted BD as 8 core cpu that is physically made of 4 Module (=quad core). In short, assume BD cores as Marketing cores..:)

guys i want a serious answer. is it worth waiting for the bulldozer to upgrade? i will be upgrading shortly nd should i wait till august or not. otherwise will go for the 2600k.

Back