AMD's Ryzen 5000 series gets price cut in wake of Alder Lake launch

Can they price the 5950x lower than 12900F or 12900. I am in if 5950x sells for somewhere close to 42k.
wait till last week of September (post 7000 Series launch and 13th Gen Announcement date) - you will see ppl selling used/in-warranty stuff at discount.

wait till last week of September (post 7000 Series launch and 13th Gen Announcement date) - you will see ppl selling used/in-warranty stuff at discount.
I think people might sell after Jan 2023. By then we will have all GPU and CPU available plus the prices would have stabilized.

I built an entire computer with monitor for less than what just a mainstream CPU costs now, a decade ago. Very reluctant to spend such amounts on CPU alone. Prices will only drop when the buying does. Till then I will simply boycot or buy used. Will consider a GPU after obtaining a money printing machine. :) . Some 85 years ago 1 rupee was equal to 11 grams of 925 silver. Even coins from just two decades ago have greater value for the metal than its face value. An organised and escrow enabled used online market is lacking in India.

Should I upgrade to 5600 from 3600 now? I don't plan to switch to full system overhaul for first gen 7000 series so will do that in couple of years, it would be a good upgrade then also don't want to use 3600 for 2 more years.

Should I upgrade to 5600 from 3600 now? I don't plan to switch to full system overhaul for first gen 7000 series so will do that in couple of years, it would be a good upgrade then also don't want to use 3600 for 2 more years.
Yes. You can sell the 3600 for 9k, buy used 5600x for 12kish, there is good bump in performance. I upgraded from 3600 to 5600x

Back