Amp replacement for Edifier C2 2.1 speakers

So please correct me if I am wrong in my assessment... in a nutshell it's a 2.1 speaker system that you have and the amp is separate..

All the speakers are of 4ohm, power/wattage of the right and left chanbels is low just 6w...
These amps are all 2.1 and would serve you well.. Don't crank ip the volume too much..

All the amps have screws below which you can tighten the bare wires from all the speakers separately to all terminals...

(this has that critically acclaimed tpa3116d2 ic from texa instruments and it performs awesomely well, hence this is expensive)

(this has a Chinese ic which sounds pretty great as well, performs very well and is cheaper)

(this has been developed by inkocean itself and they claim it to be sounding very good along with nice temp tolerance)

All can manage speakers from 2 to 8 ohm impedence... With all you ll be needing ext power supply, any laptop adapter with 19.5v would do..
But to be safe start with like 14 or 15 so that the output is low which can protect your speakers..

Any laptop adapter within 12 yo 24v can be used.

Please note : you ll need to set aside your existing amp and cut away the rca plugs from the speaker wires and make them bare to scew them up with one of these amps. Like this
20231008_194015_(1).jpg

Last edited:
So please correct me if I am wrong in my assessment... in a nutshell it's a 2.1 speaker system that you have and the amp is separate..

All the speakers are of 4ohm, power/wattage of the right and left chanbels is low just 6w...
These amps are all 2.1 and would serve you well.. Don't crank ip the volume too much..

All the amps have screws below which you can tighten the bare wires from all the speakers separately to all terminals...

(this has that critically acclaimed tpa3116d2 ic from texa instruments and it performs awesomely well, hence this is expensive)

(this has a Chinese ic which sounds pretty great as well, performs very well and is cheaper)

(this has been developed by inkocean itself and they claim it to be sounding very good along with nice temp tolerance)

All can manage speakers from 2 to 8 ohm impedence... With all you ll be needing ext power supply, any laptop adapter with 19.5v would do..
But to be safe start with like 14 or 15 so that the output is low which can protect your speakers..

Please note : you ll need to set aside your existing amp and cut away the rca plugs from the speaker wires and make them bare to scew them up with one of these amps. Like this
View attachment 179733
@calvin1719 , did this help??

View attachment 179733
Thanks, I bought the second one.

For the connections, I'm planning to get a couple of female RCA adapters and strip them, connect the male RCA from the speakers and insert the stripped end into the amp outputs.

Thanks, I bought the second one.

For the connections, I'm planning to get a couple of female RCA adapters and strip them, connect the male RCA from the speakers and insert the stripped end into the amp outputs.
Good
Please select the power supply carefully.. Close to the higher voltage that the amp can operate in, I Beleive 24v, so better to select something around 22v, it would be safe and would sound great as well.

Please use only one input at a time.. Either bt or aux or pen drive but only one and change only after switching the amp off and waiting for 10 seconds

Good
Please select the power supply carefully.. Close to the higher voltage that the amp can operate in, I Beleive 24v, so better to select something around 22v, it would be safe and would sound great as well.

Please use only one input at a time.. Either bt or aux or pen drive but only one and change only after switching the amp off and waiting for 10 seconds
I was thinking of 12V so that there is less chance of damaging the speakers with the high output? Why do you suggest 22-24?

I was thinking of 12V so that there is less chance of damaging the speakers with the high output? Why do you suggest 22-24?
O yes I totally forgot that the speakers have low wattage...
You ll be better off starting with 12, correct, and can upgrade later depending upon the response..

So got the amp today, looks like a DIY kit rather than ready to use.

I have no idea where I'm supposed to attach this heatsink? Anyone have any ideas?
Nvm found a video, supposed to be on the 2 ICs in the middle.

Wasn't expecting it to ship this quickly so still need to buy connectors and a power supply.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-14 at 19.53.32.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-14 at 19.53.32.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Can I get some advice on this please - I bought this to strip the wires and insert into the amp, but it seems the wires are really thin. Considering I need to deliver at the max 18W to the subwoofer with these wires, are they enough or do I need to get something with a higher gauge?

Also how do I check what is + and - in these?

Attachments

• IMG_20231019_135618839.jpg
    IMG_20231019_135618839.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 45
O wow I totally missed updates from your thread @calvin1719
Right so yes the heat sink goes on top of both the ics.. I am no expert on wire thickness but those look kinna thin to me as well.
Black is negative.. But don't remove so much of the sleeve from the wires..
Don't you think you have cut them way too short, there is no margin of error there.. Slight pull push and they ll come out of the amp and might get shorted...

Black is negative
Does the polarity even matter if it's a speaker connection?

Don't you think you have cut them way too short, there is no margin of error there.. Slight pull push and they ll come out of the amp and might get shorted
I'm planning on inserting them like this, bunched up. I tried this with the amp and the connection seems firm, withstands some pulling.

Attachments

• IMG_20231023_032008521.jpg
    IMG_20231023_032008521.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 37
Does the polarity even matter if it's a speaker connection?

I'm planning on inserting them like this, bunched up. I tried this with the amp and the connection seems firm, withstands some pulling.
Polarity matters of they are correct in one terminal and reverse in the other.

I would urge you to keep the bare wire ends just enough so that they are inserted fully and remain flushed in the amp speaker out terminals..
Even 1 single strand of wire if touches the other part, you ll get distorted audio.
Btw how is the performance of the amp???

Last edited:
Polarity matters of they are correct in one terminal and reverse in the other.

I would urge you to keep the bare wire ends just enough so that they are inserted fully ans remain flushed in the amp speaker out terminals..
Even 1 single strand of wire if toucher the other part, you ll get distorted audio.

Btw how is the performance of the amp???
Sure, I'll shorten the exposed end. The one I showed was more for wire stripping practice anyway.

I haven't been able to test the amp yet. I couldn't find a 12V 3A supply on amazon that didn't have terrible reviews, so I bought one from electronicscomps.in, one of the websites recommended here. They're really slow in shipping though. Hopefully I'll be able to test this week.

Sure, I'll shorten the exposed end. The one I showed was more for wire stripping practice anyway.

I haven't been able to test the amp yet. I couldn't find a 12V 3A supply on amazon that didn't have terrible reviews, so I bought one from electronicscomps.in, one of the websites recommended here. They're really slow in shipping though. Hopefully I'll be able to test this week.
12V adaptors can be bought from any electronics repair shop.. You can use any from 12v to 24v it's safe as long as you keep the volume low may be around 20 or 25 percent, there won't be any issue.
Any laptop adaptor can do the job,
. I just noticed you are from Delhi, we can get anything from anywhere in Delhi bro...
I think wifi routers also have 12v adaptors.. You may use it..

Do notice if the audio stops when you crank up the volume as that would mean the adaptor isn't enough for the use case.. You might have to buy a slightly bigger one in that scenario.

Finally got everything connected and running, and the amp runs pretty well with aux. BT is not terrific, it only supports SBC and not even AAC, but that was always secondary anyway.

Thanks for your help on this @JMak.

Finally got everything connected and running, and the amp runs pretty well with aux. BT is not terrific, it only supports SBC and not even AAC, but that was always secondary anyway.

Thanks for your help on this @JMak.
Yes, via aux the gain is pretty high and the quliaty is better.
I have had great results via Bluetooth as well though, must be the highest streaming quality that I have selected in my Spotify...
But at 1550 this is huge huge huge vfm.
Happy to be of help bud..

Btw..
Do suggest a working cd/mp3 cum tape player if you come across...

I have had great results via Bluetooth as well though, must be the highest streaming quality that I have selected in my Spotify...
That wouldn't really matter if phone to amp is SBC codec. Next time you're playing it via BT, check if the BT device settings in your phone say 'HD audio'. If it does then it means it's playing AAC not SBC. SBC isn't really worth listening to music with.
suggest a working cd/mp3 cum tape player if you come across...
This would be an old school boom box I guess. I actually have/had a Samsung. It still worked last I remember, I had gutted it and connected the speakers to a better pair.

I'll see if I still have it somewhere, but it's unlikely. I've been through several moves and it probably got tossed.

Last edited:
That wouldn't really matter if phone to amp is SBC codec. Next time you're playing it via BT, check if the BT device settings in your phone say 'HD audio'. If it does then it means it's playing AAC not SBC. SBC isn't really worth listening to music with.

This would be an old school boom box I guess. I actually have/had a Samsung. It still worked last I remember, I had gutted it and connected the speakers to a better pair.

I'll see if I still have it somewhere, but it's unlikely. I've been through several moves and it probably got tossed.
Maa its always sbc, but then since buying fosi, I havent given it a listen till date.. So I ll have to dig it out again to notice.

I have now 4 pairs of speakers so I just need the main unit from someone.. With working internals..

Back