Android Mobile Phone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Android G1 Thread

I got it for like 16.5k :) from some ebay through FizzMall ( price was $286 ). Its brand new in box ( but opened box ). Not used. I got unlock code also from ebay for like $12.93.

If you guys need any help with flashing or rooting or have any questions, just let me know. I think that pretty much all the general info you will need is withing the links I put up, but I am happy to help if you need ;)

Got it unlocked for $20. But it was done in like 15 mins. Awesome. Now time to play.

FINALLY! Airtel *567# thingy for Airtel mobileoffice works.
Got a working G1 on my hand :)

attachment.php

I am extremely pumped right now. Don't know if i can sleep or not lol :)

Got to root it .. dunno if I will do it today. Maybe I will leave that for tomorrow :)

Attachments

• DSC04329.jpg
    DSC04329.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 254

Congo's, there are some great ROMS out there right now too... also once you are rooted there are some great skins too. ;)

I don't like the default skin. Need to root my phone when I get some time.

Pat said:
I don't like the default skin. Need to root my phone when I get some time.

Once you are rooted you can even add your own images/skin and resign and push to the phone ;)

err can someone please post screenshots of the phone running the above said roms?

Not been very happy with Hero ROMS, I have found them a little slow. Enomther or Cyanogens ROMS are both quite speedy. If you want to be adventurous Cyanogen has a ROM running with the Donut (1.6) update.

I have rooted by phone. Now runing JF 1.51 ROM. I have also paritioned by 1GB SD that I got with the phone and transferred all apps to it. There are some seriously cool apps for the G1. There is even an "overclock" app, which takes the CPU max clockspeed to 528MHz! It took the benchmark ( in the same app ) from 700ms ( with default value ) to around 550 ms.

Have also put in this Audio Hack

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=517745

I used v7. The volume is pretty good now and no distortion whatsoever.

^^ am also using v7 audio hack.. not too bad. Be careful with the overclock app if you switch to other ROMS as many of the modded ROMS have scalable frequencies built in to the ROM.

Also Some of the ROMS are using compache or swap and there seems to be a number of different ways of doing this. Personally I have a 3rd partition which has been partitioned as a linux swap of around the suggested size of 64mb or less. This is used by the ROM I am using and there are also some scripts that you can use to somewhat customize it too.

Hi guys. I ordered my Brand New black Android G1 today via ebay India's new International buy facility. a good deal. Works out to 17K inclusive of shipping and customs. :)

The seller still has a white one up for grabs .Check it out if ur interested..

Global Easy Buy

Cant wait for it to get here.

raymasky said:
Hi guys. I ordered my Brand New black Android G1 today via ebay India's new International buy facility. a good deal. Works out to 17K inclusive of shipping and customs. :)
The seller still has a white one up for grabs .Check it out if ur interested..

Global Easy Buy

Cant wait for it to get here.

post a review of your overall experience

Finally...the package arrived yesterday and I'm a proud owner of a spanking new Android based G1. Had to pay additiona Rs.550 as octroi for pune :( ..and another Rs.500 to buy the unlock code off ebay. So the total price worked out to Rs.17.5k . Not a bad price for such a great mod friendly phone.

I've already rooted the phone , GParted the SD card , and installed cyanogen stable rom build 4.0.4 . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back