Budget 10-15K Android phone for 10K-12K

1. Budget?
A: INR 10k-12k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Preferably HD+ and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android 11 if possible

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G atleast

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Xiaomi/Redmi, Oppo, Vivo

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Internet, multimedia, whatsapp, camera, UPI apps

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New

9. Any other requirements?
A: None as such

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: --

==================================================================

Hi all,

I am looking for an Android smartphone for my friend in the price range of 10-12K INR. Can extend budget to 500 Rs more if a phone has good features, like extra RAM/storage.

We decided not to go for Xiaomi/Redmi, Vivo, Oppo or the likes. So, I think the only options left are Samsung and Motorola.

Would consider Nokia phones, but at the given price range, their hardware is really sub par compared to others.

For Motorola too, I am not sure, because I am not confident about their regular OS/security updates. Can anyone having a Motorola phone comment if they provide timely OS/security updates? If they are providing timely updates, then I might consider them.

So, maybe this just leaves the Samsung phones. Please suggest a good quality phone which can last for atleast 2-3 years, or even beyond.
Samsung are providing timely updates and for 3 years I think, so that is really a plus point for their phones.

@Kaleen Bhaiya , please suggest Samsung phone with a good chipset, as I am really not familiar with them.

The usage would be as described above... internet, whatsapp, YouTube, multimedia, UPI, etc.

Samsung Galaxy M12, 6 GB RAM version looks promising to me.

That's good to hear. It could be a batch issue or anything for that matter. Incase if anyone has any issue pertaining to this SoC, then it would be better to taken some initiative through Rakesh as intermediary. Coz going to service centre for OOW phone would mean changing motherboard in worst case, and that would involve money.

And it's not just Samsung. Even some Poco X3 users are having ghosting issues, some are not. Too many factors associated, and not limited to One Company alone.

Thanks @Kaleen Bhaiya for the video. Have bookmarked it for future use, just in case.

Samsung M21 2021 is available on Amazon for 1K less in the sale, but I am still having doubts and still confused LOL.

BTW, my friend has no problems with his M21... it's working great. I saw it for some time today and it seemed fine.

I have the M21 as backup phone mostly powered off due to constant irritating push notifications and samsung bloatware. I so badly want to install custom on this but samsung makes this super hard and there aren't many custom ROMs for this model. If you are looking for non-bloat phone , would suggest consider another phone which is easier to root and install custom ROM, granted this assumes you are comfortable with rooting/unlocking.

Back