Budget 10-15K Android phone for 10K-12K

1. Budget?
A: INR 10k-12k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Preferably HD+ and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android 11 if possible

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G atleast

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Xiaomi/Redmi, Oppo, Vivo

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Internet, multimedia, whatsapp, camera, UPI apps

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New

9. Any other requirements?
A: None as such

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: --

==================================================================

Hi all,

I am looking for an Android smartphone for my friend in the price range of 10-12K INR. Can extend budget to 500 Rs more if a phone has good features, like extra RAM/storage.

We decided not to go for Xiaomi/Redmi, Vivo, Oppo or the likes. So, I think the only options left are Samsung and Motorola.

Would consider Nokia phones, but at the given price range, their hardware is really sub par compared to others.

For Motorola too, I am not sure, because I am not confident about their regular OS/security updates. Can anyone having a Motorola phone comment if they provide timely OS/security updates? If they are providing timely updates, then I might consider them.

So, maybe this just leaves the Samsung phones. Please suggest a good quality phone which can last for atleast 2-3 years, or even beyond.
Samsung are providing timely updates and for 3 years I think, so that is really a plus point for their phones.

@Kaleen Bhaiya , please suggest Samsung phone with a good chipset, as I am really not familiar with them.

The usage would be as described above... internet, whatsapp, YouTube, multimedia, UPI, etc.

Samsung Galaxy M12, 6 GB RAM version looks promising to me.

@becool773 fade up with NEW Handset of Poco and some how he managed to return and bought Samsung
@Gouri Shankar fade up with Samsung (handset dead after 12 months of use) and move to Pcoco..

so from above example.. now days Phone Hardware Quality is just like Lottery ... :eek:

PS: @Gouri Shankar Which Poco Model you bought, from when are you using and your till date experience with?

Last edited:
It's really sad to know about such incidents. But this is like a new normal now... there is lack of quality everywhere... even if you buy any costly product, not just phones... you aren't getting quality like before. Gone are the days when you bought something and it used to last for years and years.

It's really sad to know about such incidents. But this is like a new normal now... there is lack of quality everywhere... even if you buy any costly product, not just phones... you aren't getting quality like before. Gone are the days when you bought something and it used to last for years and years.
Planned Obsolescence.
You make more profits by selling a phone than repairing an old one.

1. I have Samsung A50s (11 months no issue), and with last update & factory rest I found that Camera + In Display finger print speed increased.
  2. Cousin bought Samsung M21 (2021) since last 2 weeks.. happy with it.
  3. Friend have Samsung M51 (11 month) happy with it.
  4. Friend have Samsung (A30/M30) 2-3 yrs.. no issue. till his child throw it from 10ft or more height 2-3 times.
  5. Have Samsung On5 & Samsung On5 Pro in family, have no issue, till BOTH dropped many times and after 5yrs / 3yrs respectively they start showing issue.
Please Note- no one use it for Gaming or max CPU Load Activities.

I had Sony Ericsson K750i, after loads of recommendation from online forums/YT videos, I bought it for camera and terribly disappointed as it fails in Camera Department, while after K750i (3-4 yrs latter) bought Samsung Duos (exactly 50% of K750i price)... and surprised that Samsung clicks better images then K750i

After my K750i Experienced I NEVER buying any product only on ONLINE/YouTube Recommendations. Even I bought A50s after reading/watching LOADS of NEGATIVE REVIEW.

Also wish to suggest all Samsung buyers, that if you activate (from setting) Protect Accidental TAP then your phone will took little more time to react and you may feel that it is slow down.
There is also a setting (IIRC) for Auto-Restart Handset, if you accidentally activate it then you may face Restart issue.

I myself, when ever I feel some issue, restart mobile handset, even if any time any family member/Friends with ANY MOBILE BRAND contact me with some issue.. I first suggest them to Restart Mobile and if still no solution then suggest for factory reset and still problem persist then suggest them to visit Service Center or local but REPUTED Repair shop.

Never suggest or visit any road side repair wala in shanty or shaded shop (temporary cement roof/illegal constructed shops buildings) type house/shop, such repair wala are CHEAP in all ways. Also do not visit such shops to load MP3 Songs/Videos/Software Update etc. etc. as unknowingly virus may entered while all this loading activities.

Planned Obsolescence.
You make more profits by selling a phone than repairing an old one.

They are making profits both ways actually. Repairing charges nowadays are high too. And once motherboard or any other important part goes bad... it costs so much that it's better to buy a new phone than to invest in repairing it.
Man I just hope the phone my friend bought doesn't get any issues. I always try to suggest best stuff for anyone, and if it turns out bad, I really feel bad about it.

@becool773 @CapriAnupam

Till today, I didn't came across any issue with my A50s or my cousin M 21 (2021) or my Friend (M51) yet.

but to be at safe side I just bought Samsung Care+ Extended Warranty plan for Rs.1299/- online. Cost also depends on handset model etc.

Suggest my cousin & friend too, to buy same and keep safe side, in case if something happens to handset after warranty period then may need to pay 8-9K, so better invest 1200/- now

I agree it's a game of luck nowadays.

Well, I thought atleast among the plethora of Chinese phones, Samsung would be a good choice, but that also doesn't seem after reading about the many cases.

Looking at all this, I am really thinking Nokia would be a good choice, even if they provide sub par hardware. Atleast for general use it will be good enough... with stock Android, excellent build quality and regular updates. They haven't been putting out many new phones though these days.

Moto is also an option with stock Android, but the handsets are heavy, and no regular updates.
I was also thinking... may be some of the issues can be how people handle the phone? What kind of apps they install, and how they keep the phone in general.

I was also thinking... may be some of the issues can be how people handle the phone? What kind of apps they install, and how they keep the phone in general.
99% True ...

Moto=Lenovo= China

I feel stock android is boring (still have SRT.Phone in family) but snappy/fast

I know one person who is using Realme under 10k handset since last 2-3 years.... no issue as he is neither on gaming nor in app app player

Yea I know Moto is still China.

Stock Android might seem boring, but really, looking at the amount of bloatware on Samsung phone... I really appreciate stock Android even more than before.

Realme, Oppo, Xiaomi... people might be happy with them, but just the idea of these Chinese phones with their marketing strategy and their OS and ads really causes me to cringe. I wouldn't buy them myself or recommend them.... unless there are no other good options. Had to buy a Redmi phone for my friend's daughter (one who bought M21)... the phone started to hang after a few months. But, then, it's used by a teenager, and dunno what all they do on it. And instead of going for warranty replace, they went to repair shop who just did a factory reset. Can't do anything in that case, if they won't even ask before doing such a thing.

Stock Android .. Micromax

Samsung, if you take care not to activate few things while gave permission after FIRST BOOT I think it's not as bad as Mi ads.
I did some changes after watching YouTube video guide provided by ( .. my bad I forget his name), and Samsung STOP showing ads/Adv

Nokia cost is not justify.. neither update nor ... attractive design

Last edited:
But, then, it's used by a teenager, and dunno what all they do on it.
WA, FB, Insta. All by FB and all hog memory. Running a phone without these apps makes it breezy.
Stock Android .. Micromax

Samsung, if you take care not to activate few things while gave permission after FIRST BOOT I think it's not as bad as Mi ads.

Nokia cost is not justify.. neither update nor ... attractive design
Thanks for reminding Micromax exists. Just saw their website and the model in Note 1 128 gb does look promising at 12,500. Stock android with 2 yrs update and fhd screen. Aur kya chahiye itne price mein. Sure eMMc is a downside but for casual use who want a fully functional phone, it's fine.
If only their after sales support was good enough to recommend this device.
@CapriAnupam do consider this device as an alternative to Samsung M21.

Last edited:
FB and Insta surely do hog memory, but I don't think Whatsapp does.

How is the feedback about Micromax? They were popular a few years ago and now you hardly hear their name. I like to know about phones which have good feedback, as to how the phone is... quality, durability and all. Don't even see Micromax mentioned in review lists.

They seem to be slow with updates, major one. A11 seems to have rolled out just a few days ago for note 1. Regarding build quality and stuff, I would keep my expectations tempered coz of price. It would be a delicate device, so a case and tempered glass a must.
Apart from it, reviews seem to be decent because everything is centred around that 10k price.
No idea about after sales support.
This phone is best for those who would demand a functional phone and wouldn't care less about updates. Yes there were quality issues with some lot so it would be better if they fix it and launch a new successor to Note 1.
Edit- I mean WA consumes lot of space for media(audio, images, vids) which slows down phone as storage becomes full.

@becool773 fade up with NEW Handset of Poco and some how he managed to return and bought Samsung
@Gouri Shankar fade up with Samsung (handset dead after 12 months of use) and move to Pcoco..

so from above example.. now days Phone Hardware Quality is just like Lottery ... :eek:

PS: @Gouri Shankar Which Poco Model you bought, from when are you using and your till date experience with?
POCO M2 Pro, using since Feb of 2021 and no issues till now.

I am using Poco X3. 6/64 variant.
Auto Call recording Yes, intimation unfortunately yes since it's Google dialer.

There is a custom rom available called Miui 12.5 elite rom which has Miui dialer. So call recording without intimation.

Back