Budget 10-15K Android phone for 10K-12K

1. Budget?
A: INR 10k-12k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Preferably HD+ and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android 11 if possible

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G atleast

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Xiaomi/Redmi, Oppo, Vivo

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Internet, multimedia, whatsapp, camera, UPI apps

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New

9. Any other requirements?
A: None as such

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: --

==================================================================

Hi all,

I am looking for an Android smartphone for my friend in the price range of 10-12K INR. Can extend budget to 500 Rs more if a phone has good features, like extra RAM/storage.

We decided not to go for Xiaomi/Redmi, Vivo, Oppo or the likes. So, I think the only options left are Samsung and Motorola.

Would consider Nokia phones, but at the given price range, their hardware is really sub par compared to others.

For Motorola too, I am not sure, because I am not confident about their regular OS/security updates. Can anyone having a Motorola phone comment if they provide timely OS/security updates? If they are providing timely updates, then I might consider them.

So, maybe this just leaves the Samsung phones. Please suggest a good quality phone which can last for atleast 2-3 years, or even beyond.
Samsung are providing timely updates and for 3 years I think, so that is really a plus point for their phones.

@Kaleen Bhaiya , please suggest Samsung phone with a good chipset, as I am really not familiar with them.

The usage would be as described above... internet, whatsapp, YouTube, multimedia, UPI, etc.

Samsung Galaxy M12, 6 GB RAM version looks promising to me.

My friend recently bought the M21 to my house. His data was getting finished very fast. He had auto download of media on in Whatsapp, Telegram, Facebook, and maybe he was watching YouTube videos on high quality. Anyways, I made the required settings, so let's see.

On updating the apps, I felt that the phone was running a bit slow from last time. I think the bloatware Samsung has installed might be responsible for this. Also, my friend has Facebook app installed, and I believe it is a major RAM hog. Snapchat is also there.

I uninstalled all Samsung apps that I could uninstall or disable. Samsung Store is still there, and I don't know what is the need for that when Google Play Store is already there. Really, why do these companies have to install software of their own which will make the phone slow.

And it is not stock Android, so already the OS must be taking up quite a bit of RAM.

It is already running a bit slow... I don't know what will happen in future.

Now I am having second thoughts about buying M21 6 GB RAM version for my mother. Maybe a Nokia phone seems like a better option looking at the performance of this phone.

My friend recently bought the M21 to my house. His data was getting finished very fast. He had auto download of media on in Whatsapp, Telegram, Facebook, and maybe he was watching YouTube videos on high quality. Anyways, I made the required settings, so let's see.

On updating the apps, I felt that the phone was running a bit slow from last time. I think the bloatware Samsung has installed might be responsible for this. Also, my friend has Facebook app installed, and I believe it is a major RAM hog. Snapchat is also there.

I uninstalled all Samsung apps that I could uninstall or disable. Samsung Store is still there, and I don't know what is the need for that when Google Play Store is already there. Really, why do these companies have to install software of their own which will make the phone slow.

And it is not stock Android, so already the OS must be taking up quite a bit of RAM.

It is already running a bit slow... I don't know what will happen in future.

Now I am having second thoughts about buying M21 6 GB RAM version for my mother. Maybe a Nokia phone seems like a better option looking at the performance of this phone.
Keep an old M21 and M21 2021 side by side. There is no change besides that camera module and back panel design. I think Samsung fkced up something. Secondly have you ever seen any other M series phone relaunched as a 2021 model yet? Is there any official Samsung forum where their employees etc. hangout so that one can raise this issue there?
Also check this reply https://techenclave.com/threads/android-phone-for-10k-12k.200953/post-2306313

I checked that post, and I am willing to have patience for their update. Let's see when they pass an update. They should release an update sometime or the other. And it is also not some lower end model where they can do without an update. So, let's see.

But, I am really not happy with a new phone showing signs of slowing down.

Updates will come sooner or later. If such a big company has promised updates for three years, they will deliver, otherwise their name is on the line. Promised updates is one of the main reasons I opted for Samsung phone.

Hope not a systemic propaganda by OTHER brand + sellers against Samsung as M series is ONLINE only & low budget

Also Samsung enjoy good reputation in India while anti-chinese sentiment still strong, so Chinese brands may ......

competition in market is too much that any thing can be possible ....

finger crossed

PS: They provide some unwanted negative comparison between Samsung & Other Brand hardware, this is not report but under cover Advertisement for other brands ....
https://www.indiatoday.in/technolog...d-motherboards-says-report-1855251-2021-09-21

Last edited:
Hope not a systemic propaganda by OTHER brand + sellers against Samsung as M series is ONLINE only & low budget

Also Samsung enjoy good reputation in India while anti-chinese sentiment still strong, so Chinese brands may ......

competition in market is too much that any thing can be possible ....

finger crossed

PS: They provide some unwanted negative comparison between Samsung & Other Brand hardware, this is not report but under cover Advertisement for other brands ....
https://www.indiatoday.in/technolog...d-motherboards-says-report-1855251-2021-09-21
This isn't systemic propaganda or advertisements by other brands. The link that you posted for India Today piggybacks SamMobile's report on the same.

The Sammobile report then piggybacks on the complaints shared by users on Samsung's official forum and has been backed by the moderator of the forum (who himself faced a similar issue).

may be Flipkart & Amazon Sale day are near .. luring buyers to sell Samsung and in exchange by 5G from Chines brands ;)

one of my known person bought (M30/A30).. using same since last 2-3 yrs and he didn't complaint about any restart issue (he is not Gamer.. just basic user)

I have this same model since October 2020 and till today didn't face issue, that the writer faced https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5...-restart-after-Android-11-update/td-p/9634516

Last edited:
may be Flipkart & Amazon Sale day are near .. luring buyers to sell Samsung and in exchange by 5G from Chines brands ;)

one of my known person bought (M30/A30).. using same since last 2-3 yrs and he didn't complaint about any restart issue (he is not Gamer.. just basic user)

I have this same model since October 2020 and till today didn't face issue, that the writer faced https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5...-restart-after-Android-11-update/td-p/9634516
You must remember that these are electronic devices and the experiences will vary. Just because you or your friend didn't experience an issue, doesn't mean it's not out there in the open.

The line has to be drawn when the cases aren't one off.
And in this case when the Exynos 9610/9611 has a notorious reputation of overheating, it's not difficult to connect the dots.

You must remember that these are electronic devices and the experiences will vary. Just because you or your friend didn't experience an issue, doesn't mean it's not out there in the open.

The line has to be drawn when the cases aren't one off.
And in this case when the Exynos 9610/9611 has a notorious reputation of overheating, it's not difficult to connect the dots.

No I didn't said that other don't have any issue, but suddenly jump in .. against Samsung Mid Range make me suspicious.... less or more EACH & EVERY brand have had issue... so why only Target Samsung suddenly digging OLD POSTs and adding few new ... and that too for it's Mid Range HERO (Top Selling Range)? and when DIWALI SALE is around corner !!!

"Exynos 9610/9611 has a notorious reputation of overheating" ... overheating but when?

No I didn't said that other don't have any issue, but suddenly jump in .. against Samsung Mid Range make me suspicious.... less or more EACH & EVERY brand have had issue... so why only Target Samsung suddenly digging OLD POSTs and adding few new ... and that too for it's Mid Range HERO (Top Selling Range)? and when DIWALI SALE is around corner !!!
I think the report posted by Sammobile has nothing to do with Diwali sales or India in general. They're based in Netherlands and largely covers Samsung phones in general. So, if you're thinking of foul play, this isn't one of them. They have been very critical of Samsung's Exynos SoCs for a long time and these recent complaints for the A and M series smartphones just adds fuel to the fire. For example, last year in April they wrote this opinion piece: https://www.sammobile.com/opinion/samsung-fans-have-had-it-with-exynos-processors

"Exynos 9610/9611 has a notorious reputation of overheating" ... overheating but when?
I'm not sure if you browse Samsung forums, reddit or gsm arena, but if you do, you can find loads of complaints against this chipset (or in fact any Exynos SoC for that matter).

1. I have Samsung A50s (11 months no issue), and with last update & factory rest I found that Camera + In Display finger print speed increased.
  2. Cousin bought Samsung M21 (2021) since last 2 weeks.. happy with it.
  3. Friend have Samsung M51 (11 month) happy with it.
  4. Friend have Samsung (A30/M30) 2-3 yrs.. no issue. till his child throw it from 10ft or more height 2-3 times.
  5. Have Samsung On5 & Samsung On5 Pro in family, have no issue, till BOTH dropped many times and after 5yrs / 3yrs respectively they start showing issue.
Please Note- no one use it for Gaming or max CPU Load Activities.

I had Sony Ericsson K750i, after loads of recommendation from online forums/YT videos, I bought it for camera and terribly disappointed as it fails in Camera Department, while after K750i (3-4 yrs latter) bought Samsung Duos (exactly 50% of K750i price)... and surprised that Samsung clicks better images then K750i

After my K750i Experienced I NEVER buying any product only on ONLINE/YouTube Recommendations. Even I bought A50s after reading/watching LOADS of NEGATIVE REVIEW.

Also wish to suggest all Samsung buyers, that if you activate (from setting) Protect Accidental TAP then your phone will took little more time to react and you may feel that it is slow down.
There is also a setting (IIRC) for Auto-Restart Handset, if you accidentally activate it then you may face Restart issue.

I myself, when ever I feel some issue, restart mobile handset, even if any time any family member/Friends with ANY MOBILE BRAND contact me with some issue.. I first suggest them to Restart Mobile and if still no solution then suggest for factory reset and still problem persist then suggest them to visit Service Center or local but REPUTED Repair shop.

Never suggest or visit any road side repair wala in shanty or shaded shop (temporary cement roof/illegal constructed shops buildings) type house/shop, such repair wala are CHEAP in all ways. Also do not visit such shops to load MP3 Songs/Videos/Software Update etc. etc. as unknowingly virus may entered while all this loading activities.

Last edited:
"Many cases of Samsung M30, M30s, M31, M21 & other phones running Exynos 9611 going bust with motherboard issues. Most cases after expiry of warranty. Stay away from these phones or if already purchased then take extended warranty."

Any source to back up this claim? What does he mean by "many"?

My M30s motherboard gone bad, a month after expiry of warranty, The samsung service centre guy told me to get new one as this is motherboard problem and replacement costs around 9k.

I purchased new one (Not samsung)

Back