Budget 10-15K Android phone for 10K-12K

1. Budget?
A: INR 10k-12k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: Preferably HD+ and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android 11 if possible

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G atleast

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Xiaomi/Redmi, Oppo, Vivo

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Internet, multimedia, whatsapp, camera, UPI apps

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Dual SIM

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New

9. Any other requirements?
A: None as such

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: --

==================================================================

Hi all,

I am looking for an Android smartphone for my friend in the price range of 10-12K INR. Can extend budget to 500 Rs more if a phone has good features, like extra RAM/storage.

We decided not to go for Xiaomi/Redmi, Vivo, Oppo or the likes. So, I think the only options left are Samsung and Motorola.

Would consider Nokia phones, but at the given price range, their hardware is really sub par compared to others.

For Motorola too, I am not sure, because I am not confident about their regular OS/security updates. Can anyone having a Motorola phone comment if they provide timely OS/security updates? If they are providing timely updates, then I might consider them.

So, maybe this just leaves the Samsung phones. Please suggest a good quality phone which can last for atleast 2-3 years, or even beyond.
Samsung are providing timely updates and for 3 years I think, so that is really a plus point for their phones.

@Kaleen Bhaiya , please suggest Samsung phone with a good chipset, as I am really not familiar with them.

The usage would be as described above... internet, whatsapp, YouTube, multimedia, UPI, etc.

Samsung Galaxy M12, 6 GB RAM version looks promising to me.

@becool773 @CapriAnupam

Till today, I didn't came across any issue with my A50s or my cousin M 21 (2021) or my Friend (M51) yet.

but to be at safe side I just bought Samsung Care+ Extended Warranty plan for Rs.1299/- online. Cost also depends on handset model etc.

Suggest my cousin & friend too, to buy same and keep safe side, in case if something happens to handset after warranty period then may need to pay 8-9K, so better invest 1200/- now
From where to get a quote for the same? Does it cover physical damages? If a phone has a like a month or two warranty left then can one buy the same?

From where to get a quote for the same? Does it cover physical damages? If a phone has a like a month or two warranty left then can one buy the same?

You requires to download My Galaxy App and click on left hand side 3 lines... mine just 20 days left for original warranty expiry.
and do now worry, Samsung Automatically (using your handset IMEI Number) EXTEND warranty from NEXT DATE of your actual warranty expiry date.
From Desktop you won't success.. only via same handset

They seem to be slow with updates, major one. A11 seems to have rolled out just a few days ago for note 1. Regarding build quality and stuff, I would keep my expectations tempered coz of price. It would be a delicate device, so a case and tempered glass a must.
Apart from it, reviews seem to be decent because everything is centred around that 10k price.
No idea about after sales support.
This phone is best for those who would demand a functional phone and wouldn't care less about updates. Yes there were quality issues with some lot so it would be better if they fix it and launch a new successor to Note 1.
Edit- I mean WA consumes lot of space for media(audio, images, vids) which slows down phone as storage becomes full.

I have doubts about the quality of the Micromax phones.

I don't think Whatsapp causes slow down of the phone, unless the phone storage is close to becoming really full. But yea, storage is a problem for people who do not delete unnecessary media from Whatsapp, like my mom. I have to remind her when her phone storage starts to become full, and the phone slows down, and also new apps aren't able to install because of lack of storage.

Thank you, but M31 is from last year. I would rather go for latest mobile phone, so can get the updates for longer from the time I buy.

Samsung M21 2021 is also costing the same currently, with the sale going on.

You requires to download My Galaxy App and click on left hand side 3 lines... mine just 20 days left for original warranty expiry.
and do now worry, Samsung Automatically (using your handset IMEI Number) EXTEND warranty from NEXT DATE of your actual warranty expiry date.
From Desktop you won't success.. only via same handset
Can you share the screenshot as in where is that option?

Is that warranty provided by Samsung itself or some third party? You paid to Samsung? Are physical, and fingers crossed water damages, covered under the same?

@becool773
  1. Connect to internet, open/download/enabled MyGalaxyAPP from Samsung App Store or from Google Play Store.
  2. Need good internet connection else APP will not get open or behave like anything
  3. Once App Get Open, check TOP LEFT hand side for 3 horizontal lines (mini size)
  4. Click on that LINES and you will get Lots of Tab and you will get lots of ICONS with name, from that, select SAMSUNG CARE+ for Extended Warranty... and then fill form as per Samsung....
  5. payment accepted by 3rd Party but via Samsung
  6. After payment you can find all details/warranty extention under Samsng Galaxy App (under your account)

@becool773
  1. Connect to internet, open/download/enabled MyGalaxyAPP from Samsung App Store or from Google Play Store.
  2. Need good internet connection else APP will not get open or behave like anything
  3. Once App Get Open, check TOP LEFT hand side for 3 horizontal lines (mini size)
  4. Click on that LINES and you will get Lots of Tab and you will get lots of ICONS with name, from that, select SAMSUNG CARE+ for Extended Warranty... and then fill form as per Samsung....
  5. payment accepted by 3rd Party but via Samsung
  6. After payment you can find all details/warranty extention under Samsng Galaxy App (under your account)
Updating the app showed that option. That care plan is costing 5k and no breakage is covered under the same.
I checked the upgrade section, it is giving like 9k less for the price paid for this phone if we upgrade to the flaghsip models. I am so tempted by this but the usage for which this phone was bought for does not require a flagship phone. But still I am tempted as 9k price less after about 10 months. The quote is valid for 48 hours only. What do you suggest? It is a true saying that if one is going for Samsung, go for the Flagships otherwise there will be issues for sure, build quality/software etc. + @Kaleen Bhaiya @CapriAnupam

Back