Budget 20-25K Android reccomendation - 25K

dafreaking

Skilled
1. Budget?
A: INR 25k(+/-2K)

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 4.7"-5.5", IPS LCD/AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Latest and greatest!

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 3G + 4G

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No preference. Should have good service network

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: All round device with a good camera and battery

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, microSD card slot if internal storage < 32GB

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Oneplus Two, Moto X Style, Xiaomi Mi5????

As the questionnaire says. Will be replacing my 18 month old Xiaomi Mi3 that still works well but the lack of storage is beginning to catch up. The budget cannot be extended by more than 2K (which is already over-stretching it, but, if something is worth it then why not). Would like to keep the phone for 18-24 months.

Would really like a great camera. Don't care about gaming or a qHD screen. Splash resistance is a plus.

The Moto X Style specs seem amazing but the reviews online seem quite meh given the specs.

Man..you suck for making so much sense! So I'm assuming the warranty goes for a toss if one unlocks the bootloader on the Nexus 6p too? And does that also mean that the G4 cannot use custom 6.0 roms?

Man..you suck for making so much sense! So I'm assuming the warranty goes for a toss if one unlocks the bootloader on the Nexus 6p too?
Look at the warranty terms, whether the entire warranty is voided or only parts of it. Its in the wording.

That they made a fuse blow this time around makes it pretty clear that they want to know if you did unlock the BL.

And does that also mean that the G4 cannot use custom 6.0 roms?
Only the euro G4's have unlock provided by the vendor. The T-mobile version i think can alos be unlocked because its on gsm. Nobody else yet. They say they have no plans to do so in other regions so assume it will never happen. Do not hope it will happen.

There is no rom even on L for Indian G4's. Just root and you lose that root if you upgrade to 6.0. This is not really an issue for you since you would lose the stock camera the moment you used any rom. You never mentioned that rooting or roming was a requirement. On top of that proper management on stock without root gets better battery than on the roms.

Someone had to do a warranty replacement for the G4 in the UK, they said since you unlocked there is no warranty. He said i used your tool and the terms did not categorically state that the entire warranty was invalidated. They pushed back he kept pushing. Finally as a gesture of goodwill they replaced it.

So if they provide the unlock then there is a chance to get them to fix it. But if you use an exploit then warranty is gone. And there i sno exploit yet and the bounty crossed $10k i think a while ago.

Last edited:
yeha, i know someone that got one recently. She then wanted to exp comp. Not in google camera. Looks up manual camera, proshot and guess what. Does not work.

Fun to be on the bleeding edge. What camera 2 api complinace is this!!

So the G5 seems a bit underwhelming. The S7 ticks all boxes but will probably be launched at around 50k.
There is one killer feature that is exclusive only on the G5 and that is ultra wide angle. The press missed this they went out about 'build quality'. Then they went on about modules.

Modules are an experiment.

ultra wide angle with full manual controls, ois and raw is the G5's contribution. Works in video too but no manual controls there.

See, unlike Huawei that is trying to improve on already good quality, LG has added an extra dimension to photography.

We could not change lenses before, so they gave us another. And i don't think it will stop there ;)

Go look up what ultra wide can do. people go on about making shots dramatic, should tell a story etc. Much easier with ultra wide. The photos are freaking stunning. Impossible with a regular lens. Oh, the back isn't atttractive ? nobody cares, they want the photos.

Last edited:
Good now tel me which 3rd party camera apps will work with this thing.

So far I've just installed:

Camera FV-5 lite and it doesn't work! Shows a blank screen. Which is quite weird.
ProShot - Which seems to work great.
OpenCamera - Seems a little more noisy than the rest. UI isn't that great either.

Google camera is pretty decent. The camera seems very very good on this phone

Yes exactly, please let us know about your decent deal. :) :)

See above

Which is the best 25k phone these days ? any chance of getting a new galaxy s6 at 26k ? Need a great cam and a battery to last one full day. No MI/OP type brands with bugs and unstable stuff.

Back