Android-WP updates scene

After installing CM10 my phone is now extremely smooth to use and I am free to use an iOS style interface or even a Windows 8 style interface if I want. For WP8 they are stuck with what they have got whether they like it or not.
Which phone do you have ?

Can apps bought in store be shared between a phone and a tablet in wp8 (if you own both for example)?

Is the app account locked or device locked?
I know there's a sync app in the store. Besides media does it sync anything else?

Can apps bought in store be shared between a phone and a tablet in wp8 (if you own both for example)?

Is the app account locked or device locked?
I know there's a sync app in the store. Besides media does it sync anything else?

Sync is built in to Windows Phone. It is seamless and has options to sync a lot of things. For example, when you buy a new phone and login to your Microsoft account, your entire app list pops up, including paid apps. All your accounts are set up and ready to go. The only thing that is different is the start screen layout and settings in individual apps (by the way, Windows 8 roams settings in apps too, so surely that is something coming to Phone 8.1). There might be a device limits for paid apps, but not sure what it is. Not sure what sync app you mentioned though.

Also, Windows Phone 8 does not run tablets, it is for phones only. Tablets are powered by Windows 8. Many things do sync between Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, but apps are separate.

no photos but video or neither ?

Historically, the reason for ROMS was better system response and longer battery life.

This is going OT - but the camera is poor for macros and has low detailing. Video recording too has the same issue. Apart from that - no complaints.

Well then you have a fully functioning device with custom ROM.

When you said no camera i took it to literally mean camera not working, driver issue etc.

Well in last few weeks, Whatsapp has been updated around 4 times. Most bugs squashed. Anyone who was holding out, no significant reason to wait now :D

Well in last few weeks, Whatsapp has been updated around 4 times. Most bugs squashed. Anyone who was holding out, no significant reason to wait now :D
Yes, it is pretty good now and on par with the iOS/Android versions technically. But it can be better still, the thing that I really want is integration with the People hub. I do all my messaging/communication from there. It is unfortunate that most app developers are stuck in iOS/Android archaic mode and fail to take advantage of Windows Phone's best features.

My sis is using Whatsapp on her 620. She says its buggy as hell still. Is this whatsapp update for certain phones only or has it fixed most phones ?

My sis is using Whatsapp on her 620. She says its buggy as hell still. Is this whatsapp update for certain phones only or has it fixed most phones ?

It works flawlessly for me. Notifies if the background process is not on.

Perhaps some specific problem related to her usage. They are updating so fast, it'l probably be cleared soon. Leave a feedback for the app wiht model name in the store.

It works flawlessly for me. Notifies if the background process is not on.

Perhaps some specific problem related to her usage. They are updating so fast, it'l probably be cleared soon. Leave a feedback for the app wiht model name in the store.

So you have no issues wtsoever ? no delayed notifications, slow down or battery hogging ?
I am guessing you have used wtsapp on iOS and android and comparing at same level. is it so ?

So you have no issues wtsoever ? no delayed notifications, slow down or battery hogging ?
I am guessing you have used wtsapp on iOS and android and comparing at same level. is it so ?

Saar, I have written a review on whatsapp in the Lumia 520 thread. I had all those problems. After update none. It even supports fast resume now. My battery has increased on an avg from 15 hrs to 19hrs. Or that's what the battery stats say :p

One feature I miss is 3g native video call like in Samsung android phones with front camera . In wp with front camera only Skype etc video calls . Now many of you will say we don't use it . But its great if its there . I use it often . I like Nokia and used video call in c7 . But its omitted now in 620 and up .

Back