Android-WP updates scene

He himself is not sane. He wants prefers Bluetooth 4.0 over a file manager - business reasons :LOL: and uses single volume control. Or maybe its just us, after all MS decides for us, right?

It's just him or all wp8 users on TE prefer bluetooth X.x over necessary things like file manager ? God knows for what reasons

And these chaps always talk about low end devices like 520, 620 .. but what about those people who have invested in flagship devices like 920.
Are they going to wait for FM radio update, someone above said all lumnia devices facing the watsapp issues.. i am just feeling pity for them.
I am sure 920 doesn't hang on heavy usage or reboots to update the media info, if it does then it's very sad.
Sad thing is m$ is treating their flagship users equally like 520, 620 users and that is not right.

The other chap always assures people with upcoming minor updates like he is beta testing it in his home already. lol

It's just him or all wp8 users on TE prefer bluetooth X.x over necessary things like file manager ? God knows for what reasons

And these chaps always talk about low end devices like 520, 620 .. but what about those people who have invested in flagship devices like 920.
Are they going to wait for FM radio update, someone above said all lumnia devices facing the watsapp issues.. i am just feeling pity for them.
I am sure 920 doesn't hang on heavy usage or reboots to update the media info, if it does then it's very sad.
Sad thing is m$ is treating their flagship users equally like 520, 620 users and that is not right.

The other chap always assures people with upcoming minor updates like he is beta testing it in his home already. lol

820 and 920 are in a different class already because of 1GB of RAM - the rest have 512MB - certain games may not work with the lower end specs.

As for the flagship devices - maybe - but mostly not. Those who purchase them are not bothered usually by the lack of FM or some small missing feature. However, they get the best treatment usually - red carpet treatment.

What is so great about Bluetooth 4.0 ? Sorry i am unaware about features of except i can pair a bluetooth headset to make/receive calls, listen to music and file transfers. I don't know of any other uses.

PS: I never use bluetooth on my phone.

^^ It just consumes lower battery power. That's it. Most accessories are still not BT 4.0 compliant.

What ?? Only that is the feature of BT 4.0 ? Damn and i thought it is some mumbo jumbo technology marvel in bluetooth. In that case i would go with File Manager over BT.
More practical use i feel.
But not sure if M$ has mentioned that it will come or not. I don't follow WP news. But one thing is sure that M$ is trying to make WP closed system like iOS so they have control over the functionality offered. There will be many similarities with iOS in terms of restrictions with iOS probably being more restrictive off course.

He himself is not sane. He wants prefers Bluetooth 4.0 over a file manager - business reasons :LOL: and uses single volume control. Or maybe its just us, after all MS decides for us, right?
By that conclusion you prefer a filemanager over a usable Operating system? Haha. What will you do with the darn OS if the apps keep crashing like MIG 21's?
That conclusion you came to is hilarious but I suspect you did it for humor since i've seen you enough on the facebook group, I wont take offence at it :)

I have said before that it could be a lot better with a with a file manager but I understand Microsoft's reason to not give it. I also believe that it is one of the essential thing for an advanced user. But for most others it is not. Infact I have downloaded a tutorial and The video hum scrambles the order. Now i need to label them 1,2,3,4. So there you go. But also on that front I have a zillion apps that can download youtube videos at the flick of a button and an inbuilt viewer, so it compensate for me. :)

The one sound rocker for all is good for me. I just remember to lower the volume once im done with music. With all the hundred things vying for my attention, this one volume rocker keeps it real simple for me. But I would put it down to personal taste. Some people are so used to having multiple options that they cant comprehend going for something simpler and cant imagine it working unless they try it for a longish period. But some also need it, so perhaps microsoft could give an option for separate rocker for each too. Besides im not much of a music fan. Once a day for half hour maybe when im trying to kill time waiting for a parcel or a client.

As for paid apps, I have tried plenty of apps on android. Even a few from blackmart to check if the app is worth buying. I've got better free apps on WP8. Try MoHoo reader for ebooks. Try Chaos Control for task management, the new facebook app is awesome, Nokia Music has just removed the need for me to download music. There are other apps that download free music too. The twitter app even though its free is way better than the android one simply cause of the fluidity of WP8. Yes android has hundreds of alternatives for these among all the boobie icon apps, but none of them are really perfect.

I urge you to used windows phone 8 for a few months atleast, before you condemn it. You get into a rhythm with it. The limitations are a puny hiccup once you look beyond them. Something that you cant do with android. Ofcourse it can get much better, but that's true with everything :)

See there is one simple thing and that is don't use my name for your wrong and *BS* thoughts, OK because in my knowledge i haven't broken any rule of the forum.
I will not tolerate any of your drama if you take it to banning me without any reason. I will just report it instantly without giving a second thought.

So from next time give a solid reason before giving your damn for banning other members !
Why not? You no likey your own treatment? Calling people fanboys, trolling like a dud? Maybe I should add a few $$$$ to each sentence for you to like it better. Heh.:android:

By that conclusion you prefer a filemanager over a usable Operating system? Haha. What will you do with the darn OS if the apps keep crashing like MIG 21's?
That conclusion you came to is hilarious but I suspect you did it for humor since i've seen you enough on the facebook group, I wont take offence at it :)

I have said before that it could be a lot better with a with a file manager but I understand Microsoft's reason to not give it. I also believe that it is one of the essential thing for an advanced user. But for most others it is not. Infact I have downloaded a tutorial and The video hum scrambles the order. Now i need to label them 1,2,3,4. So there you go. But also on that front I have a zillion apps that can download youtube videos at the flick of a button and an inbuilt viewer, so it compensate for me. :)

The one sound rocker for all is good for me. I just remember to lower the volume once im done with music. With all the hundred things vying for my attention, this one volume rocker keeps it real simple for me. But I would put it down to personal taste. Some people are so used to having multiple options that they cant comprehend going for something simpler and cant imagine it working unless they try it for a longish period. But some also need it, so perhaps microsoft could give an option for separate rocker for each too. Besides im not much of a music fan. Once a day for half hour maybe when im trying to kill time waiting for a parcel or a client.

As for paid apps, I have tried plenty of apps on android. Even a few from blackmart to check if the app is worth buying. I've got better free apps on WP8. Try MoHoo reader for ebooks. Try Chaos Control for task management, the new facebook app is awesome, Nokia Music has just removed the need for me to download music. There are other apps that download free music too. The twitter app even though its free is way better than the android one simply cause of the fluidity of WP8. Yes android has hundreds of alternatives for these among all the boobie icon apps, but none of them are really perfect.

I urge you to used windows phone 8 for a few months atleast, before you condemn it. You get into a rhythm with it. The limitations are a puny hiccup once you look beyond them. Something that you cant do with android. Ofcourse it can get much better, but that's true with everything :)

Yep - it was just for laughs - but on a serious note - I dont see many devices with BT4 compatibility. A file manager is a must.

Did not understand at all with what you said about order and hum.

The sound control is a MUST - I used to like keeping the volume on the Focus to 10/30 for music - But then when I remove it - must bring it back to 25 else I wont hear in the din and other sounds.

I dont read PDFs - I prefer epub, mobi. Tried MoHoo on WP7 - Okish. Will check with some mags and see. Chaos Control - Is it like Google Keep? Evernote? Task Control? Either way - I use the calender effectively, and thats enuff for me. And thanks to GNow - No more typing - just speak. Music - just loved the Flyte app - but then most of my music is old stuff and nothing new - except for a single addition sometimes. As for twitter - temporarily not on it - but facebook - I have removed the app since I dont use it anymore. And absolutely loving FAOTD courtesy AppGratis and Amazon - Got some bloody good stuff from them. And what do you mean by boobie icons :p

I used WP7 for quite sometime - its my backup phone - but no. I dont mind going to Asha or iOS. And as for limitations of Android - the only two I am facing are battery life and camera quality - battery life will be same on WP - I know that for sure, but camera quality - thats what you get with the Burst. And I dont want more limitations courtest WP8. WP7 was a eye opener as to what it can be, and thats it.

Yep - it was just for laughs - but on a serious note - I dont see many devices with BT4 compatibility. A file manager is a must.

Did not understand at all with what you said about order and hum.

The sound control is a MUST - I used to like keeping the volume on the Focus to 10/30 for music - But then when I remove it - must bring it back to 25 else I wont hear in the din and other sounds.

I dont read PDFs - I prefer epub, mobi. Tried MoHoo on WP7 - Okish. Will check with some mags and see. Chaos Control - Is it like Google Keep? Evernote? Task Control? Either way - I use the calender effectively, and thats enuff for me. And thanks to GNow - No more typing - just speak. Music - just loved the Flyte app - but then most of my music is old stuff and nothing new - except for a single addition sometimes. As for twitter - temporarily not on it - but facebook - I have removed the app since I dont use it anymore. And absolutely loving FAOTD courtesy AppGratis and Amazon - Got some bloody good stuff from them. And what do you mean by boobie icons :p

I used WP7 for quite sometime - its my backup phone - but no. I dont mind going to Asha or iOS. And as for limitations of Android - the only two I am facing are battery life and camera quality - battery life will be same on WP - I know that for sure, but camera quality - thats what you get with the Burst. And I dont want more limitations courtest WP8. WP7 was a eye opener as to what it can be, and thats it.

Video HUB. Where it shows all the videos. The videos of the tutorials are in folders. and it takes them all together and arranges them alphabetically.

Check play store popular apps. You cant miss the cleavage icons. They approve any sort of trash. Cant browse the damn store in front of any oldies with out being judged. haha

I read ePubs too. Read Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings and now Storm of Swords. All 500-1200 page books. Customize the default view. Make the text bold and use the paper background. :)

Why not? You no likey your own treatment? Calling people fanboys, trolling like a dud? Maybe I should add a few $$$$ to each sentence for you to like it better. Heh.:android:

Whatever, that is no valid reason and you may keep saying bullshit again and again. I don't care :cool:

Video HUB. Where it shows all the videos. The videos of the tutorials are in folders. and it takes them all together and arranges them alphabetically.

Check play store popular apps. You cant miss the cleavage icons. They approve any sort of trash. Cant browse the damn store in front of any oldies with out being judged. haha

I read ePubs too. Read Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings and now Storm of Swords. All 500-1200 page books. Customize the default view. Make the text bold and use the paper background. :)

Yeah - I had a major issue with that - then I moved to using the tablet for videos - Android :rolleyes:

About the cleavage apps - I dont search for that shit :p - Naah seriously I dont search much in the app store. However, I dont see it as much of an issue - just like browsing TPB and seeing hot chicks on the side and livejasmin pop-ups.

I have loads of books - I even prefer the epub format on PC. And TBH - I think nothing beats Kindle and FBReader, maybe Moon Reader+ too (got it free, courtesy Appgratis)

And TBH - I think nothing beats Kindle and FBReader, maybe Moon Reader+ too (got it free, courtesy Appgratis)

I prefer Aldiko Book Reader over Moon Reader (free version) and FBReader.
Well, no particular reason - may be just it was the first app I tried and it got everything I needed. Now switching to different app doesn't seems worthy.

Anyway, I suppose thats what the scene with the OS'es. If one get everything needed in one and get used to it - its normal tendency to stick to it (don't wanna come out of comfort zone).

I prefer Aldiko Book Reader over Moon Reader (free version) and FBReader.
Well, no particular reason - may be just it was the first app I tried and it got everything I needed. Now switching to different app doesn't seems worthy.

Anyway, I suppose thats what the scene with the OS'es. If one get everything needed in one and get used to it - its normal tendency to stick to it (don't wanna come out of comfort zone).

I agree - I used Aldiko and others too. FBReader was what clicked for me - and I found it much faster compared to the others and the amount of customization - Just wish the Kindle App had those. I use FBReader on the desktop too.

As for OSes - WP puts a lot of restrictions on what you can do and cannot. That is really a killjoy - and puts me off. Oh yeah - no lags - no multitasking - no torrent app - in short just a phone :p

Holy shit - they still have not fixed the screen rotation issue? Someone told me that issue had been fixed with WP8. All I can say is - MS is pathetic. They launched the scroogle campaign BS - but they give NSA exclusive access to their servers. And they have still not fixed those small issues that matter!

As for OSes - WP puts a lot of restrictions on what you can do and cannot. That is really a killjoy - and puts me off. Oh yeah - no lags - no multitasking - no torrent app - in short just a phone :p
You left out the camera, thats way ahead of android. Every one of the nokia lumia series has a GPS and that's GPS not A-GPS.

Why the heck couldn't Nokia also make android phones, nokia is good at hw, despite their tanking stock price over the last few years.

The WP8 apps sphere isn't mature yet, maybe in a year or two. And this goes right back to what the thread started with. You cannot expect to get an OS update to your phone after two years regardless of OS.

A commitment by M$ on this point would help move handsets faster.

Holy shit - they still have not fixed the screen rotation issue? Someone told me that issue had been fixed with WP8. All I can say is - MS is pathetic. They launched the scroogle campaign BS - but they give NSA exclusive access to their servers. And they have still not fixed those small issues that matter!
Screen rotation is not an issue, it's a design choice; however, a very bad one as many customers are demanding to let them choose their own orientation.

Why are you bringing straw man arguments about NSA and all here?

WhatsApp updated - fixes most of the prevailing bugs, especially the notification one. Using proper background management API and is super fast to use. Just tried on my friend's 920 and it is better than even the Android version, though saving videos or attaching video files from library is still not supported.

http://wmpoweruser.com/whatsapp-upd...per-background-agent-fixes-notifications-bug/

Thats one big issue fixed - finally?

As for me including the NSA thing - they could have employed those people who worked to make the access for the NSA easier to make WP better or maybe with W8.

EDIT : Has the battery drain issue gone?

As for me including the NSA thing - they could have employed those people who worked to make the access for the NSA easier to make WP better or maybe with W8.
Same can be said for any American company. If they are operating their business there, then they all will have to comply with the government's decisions, shady or not. It's a completely different argument and something which doesn't need to be discussed in a thread about updates.

Back