Ankit Phadia.. Again !

Good for him, does projects for free, no fee. Life mein tension not, only threats. :p :p

As if he has any worth. Perhaps he can showcase his 1337 skills by completing SANS Certs like GSEC with Honours within a Year (lenient!).

I didnt understand the hostility towards Ankit Phadia.

In all probability, that laptop isnt even his. It's probably part of the photo shoot.

Why do you hate him so much? Because he's accomplished something at an age when you were playing NFS?

“If a country’s network is attacked it won’t be able to function,” he adds.

:rofl: he's saying this?? lol. must have seen too many movies.

imo, this guy is getting too much publicity for too little accomplishments.

Actually i have a qn.

Why u guys flaming him?. he is a kid and he did a lot for a 13 year old.

we should be proud of him. why the negativity?

What Ankit accomplished for his age is definitely remarkable. His books are a good read and he seems to be doing well with a TV show and regular projects from the government.

I think this thread is more about coolmint's insecurities about his lack of achievements..

people are flaming him because no one can corobarate with the facts that he says

from wikipedia

Authenticity of claims

According to Wendy McAuliffe at ZDNet UK, Fadia's Hacking Truths website was judged "second best hacking site" by the FBI, though no ranked list of "hacking sites" has been published by the FBI.[3]

In 2000, Chennai Online reported that Fadia's consulting clients included several of the largest technology and financial services companies in the world. No other source corroborates that report; were it true, Fadia's client list would exceed that of many of the largest independent security consultancies. The same article reported Fadia's involvement in decrypting a message from an Al Qaeda operative; no other source corroborates that claim, nor does any of Fadia's published work involve cryptography or cryptanalysis.[8][9][10]

In April 2000, Rediff.com published an interview[11] with Ankit Fadia. Anti-India Crew (AIC), a Pakistani hacker group noted for defacing Indian Government websites, rubbished the claims that Fadia had made in the interview. Fadia had claimed that his alert to a U.S. spy agency had prevented an attack by Pakistani hackers. However, he never divulged the name of the agency, citing security reasons.[4] AIC and another Pakistani hacker group WFD defaced an Indian Government site, epfindia.gov.in, and "dedicated" it to Fadia in mock deference to his capabilities to hack or prevent hacking.[12][13] AIC also said that it would be defacing the website of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC), Central Board of Excise and Customs, within two days and challenged Fadia to prevent the attack by patching the vulnerable website. AIC maintained that Fadia should stop calling himself a hacker, if it succeeded in hacking the CBEC website.[12] AIC kept its promise and defaced the CBEC website after two days. At another defaced website (bhelhyd.co.in), AIC termed the claims of Indian media about Ankit Fadia as "Bullshit".[14]

Some security experts in India dismissed him as just another fad.[15] Ankit Fadia is listed on attrition.org's Security Scene Errata: Charlatans webpage alongside individuals such as Steve Gibson and Carolyn Meinel. This page seeks to "point out a few cases of fakes walking among us".[16][17]

Fadia's earlier site, Ankitfadia.com, was attacked in 2003, by a cracker who self-identified as SkriptKiddie. Fadia explained that he was using a private web server for hosting his website and they were responsible for the lack of security.

[edit] Ethics

In December 2007, Indian Paper Mail Today accused Fadia of irresponsible conduct and counterfeiting at a security seminar for youths in New Delhi. The article alleged that Fadia taught youngsters how to print American currency with off-set lithographic equipment and use easily downloadable tools to disrupt computers and forge e-mail, without providing enough ethical context or warnings about the consequences of using those tools.[18]

ubergeek said:
AIC also said that it would be defacing the website of the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC), Central Board of Excise and Customs, within two days and challenged Fadia to prevent the attack by patching the vulnerable website. AIC maintained that Fadia should stop calling himself a hacker, if it succeeded in hacking the CBEC website.[12] AIC kept its promise and defaced the CBEC website after two days.

the child got owned :rofl:

People hate him cause he's a fake.. Attend his seminars or course and you'l know why people laugh/make fun of him, I hate this thing thats hit TE lately..If someone says A, others hav to say Z...

He's a money milking machine now, use people sentiments and dreams of becoming a security professional and leech them by useless courses..

Anish said:
What Ankit accomplished for his age is definitely remarkable. His books are a good read and he seems to be doing well with a TV show and regular projects from the government.

I think this thread is more about coolmint's insecurities about his lack of achievements..

Kid, you're just 19.. I don't need a certificate from you about my achievements. Stick to the point.

LOL.

Never thought FD would make it to TE :D

Good to see.

As for the piddi, /me wonders why he isn't on TE if his techiness is so 1337?

/me throws the book @ <Topic>

great post uber... he got owned..

need to read upon this guy more. If the guy is fake, why is he getting more publicity?

is he paying them himself?. I know of such things thats why wondering.

"A cracker needs to edit programming code to suit the OS

of the computer he is attacking. So, for example, a

programming code written for Windows NT will not work

for Windows 95 or UNIX. So he needs to code his

application to match the OS."

sorry that shit doesnt roll with me :|. Fadia's so fake!

Back