PC Peripherals Antec NeoPower 480

Chaos said:
^^^Boootli help..... :D
i face lot of hassles when i try to courier electronics :( even your mouse became a issue .. eddy can you recommend any good courier ?

I am in
May be we can ask the IT Depot guys to take care of the shipping ????
What say.
I mean one of our freinds,ready to help out, goes to their place and pays them,giving list of the buyers addresses and they take care of shipping.

I think they wont mind doing so if they get a single order of say 3-4 pieces.

Hi everyone. If anyone's interested just shoot me a mail - muggy83@gmail.com. Am saying this coz' Vinod, AntecIndia's Marketing Director, responds immediately to my email. Or would u like me to send him a mail asking him to expect mails from Members of TE coz' this is an exclusive offer for TE.

Freaky said:
Hi everyone. If anyone's interested just shoot me a mail - muggy83@gmail.com. Am saying this coz' Vinod, AntecIndia's Marketing Director, responds immediately to my email. Or would u like me to send him a mail asking him to expect mails from Members of TE coz' this is an exclusive offer for TE.
Me and Darky are definitely in. Let him know! U buying as well?

OK. Will mail Vinod abt. this. Will ask him to keep the offer open for sometime. If more members join in then it would be better.

There is a question about PSU's and warranties that I would like some info on... I understand that when a PSU blows it can damage other hardware along with itself - what is the situation for example when the PSU blows and it kills the CPU or display card - will the PSU supplier be responsible for the damage to other hardware ?

I asked the people at the place I bought my MoBo CPU and HDDs and they said that the PSU supplier (in this case theitdepot for my TP480 PSU) should replace all damaged hardwares. I am sure theitdepot will in turn say that their warranty only covers the PSU.

So where does that leave us ??

^^^UPDATE^^^

Hi Mahesh,
The price on the Neo Power 480 will be @ Rs 6096.00 tamilnadu tax paid

Rest of the country it would cost Rs 6435.00 CST Paid.
Shipping would be yours will send it to Pay.

Also Mahesh it would be gr8 Help if u can send me a list of the people who would be keen on picking it up.
Regards,
Vinod

Director Sales & Marketing

Tel:+ 91-44-24362680 / 81

Fax : +91-44-52154188

Hand Phone : +91-94444-06588

email : vinod@antecindia.com

Come on guys,this is really a very good offer.As it is me and Chaos are in,hope other join too.

They are really offering a hefty Concession.

Good offer !!!! :huh: :ashamed: :no:

The current price @ newegg is $80 that is roughly equal to Rs.3600 /- (after the $25 mail in rebates)
and here you get it for Rs. 6450/-:huh: :mad:
if the price was around 4500 than it would be a good buy.

and i do not consider paying a premium of 2000 just for that warranty.
The cost is too much and not at all justified.
I would rather stick with the safer "powersafe".
or if at all i would rather go for the veridium psu's. Their cheap 430 watts model has 17 + 17 Amps on the +12V lines. heard and read a good deal about it. it retails in singapore for S$ 115 , that is roughly 3100. and comes with a "LIFE" Time Warranty.

deejay said:
Good offer !!!! :huh: :ashamed: :no:
The current price @ newegg is $80 that is roughly equal to Rs.3600 /- (after the $25 mail in rebates)
and here you get it for Rs. 6450/-:huh: :mad:
if the price was around 4500 than it would be a good buy.
and i do not consider paying a premium of 2000 just for that warranty.
The cost is too much and not at all justified.
I would rather stick with the safer "powersafe".
or if at all i would rather go for the veridium psu's. Their cheap 430 watts model has 17 + 17 Amps on the +12V lines. heard and read a good deal about it. it retails in singapore for S$ 115 , that is roughly 3100. and comes with a "LIFE" Time Warranty.

Well deejay cut the MIRs... they are nothing but scams most of the times. Sometimes they come after a year, sometimes they never come. I had a 20$ MIR on my 9800 pro when i bought it but it was never honored by the bloody compusa losers :mad:. So without the MIR, its 99$+shipping+tax(another 10-15$). The whole thing comes to 115$ atleast which is around Rs 5000. So we end up paying a 1400 rupee premium which is not that much IMO. The veridium will obviously have Singapore warranty. Dont know about you but I dont think I can go to singapore everytime my psu dies :p.

Why pay the 400 buck premium. Will try to work out in a way that us Chennaiites get it for all those who want and then arrange shipping. That way, ppl. outside Chennai can save Rs.400. And deejay, 6000 is way better than 7000+.

Chaos said:
Well deejay cut the MIRs... they are nothing but scams most of the times. Sometimes they come after a year, sometimes they never come.

thats what i heard too.. when i had asked my friend to order stuff for me, he was OK with the (huge) total amount, but no OK at all wiht a measely (comparitively) $15 MIR..

and 1.5k for 3 yr local warranty is worth it.. just my opinion though.. i wud bear the 'extra' costs.. the last time i had to claim warranty in US, i spent about 1000 bucks.. but i had to wait 9 months!!

Back