PC Peripherals Antec NeoPower 480

Chaos said:
Well deejay cut the MIRs... they are nothing but scams most of the times. Sometimes they come after a year, sometimes they never come. I had a 20$ MIR on my 9800 pro when i bought it but it was never honored by the bloody compusa losers :mad:. So without the MIR, its 99$+shipping+tax(another 10-15$). The whole thing comes to 115$ atleast which is around Rs 5000. So we end up paying a 1400 rupee premium which is not that much IMO. The veridium will obviously have Singapore warranty. Dont know about you but I dont think I can go to singapore everytime my psu dies :p.
@ chaos,

You are not dealing with any other 2 bit co. here it is NEWEGG remember that. all of my MIR (amount varying from 70$ to 2 $) have been duly honoured by them for the past many years that i have been buying from them.

and that price of Rs.3600 (US $80) includes the local shipping (US).
and look at the irony of it all.
That MIR cheque will be given to you by the Antec co. itself. You have to send the MIR coupon to the niagara office of Antec...(see the details).

This implies that you do not trust Antec in USA (where the defrauding laws are more stringent) but would gladly Pay a very high premium to the same co. Antec here.:huh:
EOM.
Anyways why are we comparing the local price with US prices. ?

They have no relevance here in our local market but then even if we take the inherent actual cost / Value of the product here it is way too high.irrespective of warranty or otherwise.
I do not have anything against ITdepot or Antec.

They are doing their business. it is upto them to determine the prices of their products. if i like the product and if i can afford it i will buy otherwise a big NO. Thank you.
I always look for VFM (Value for Money) deals. Since i am not a trader / dealer of any IT products warranty has always been secondary (but important) thing for me. what matters to me is that i get a good product at a reasonable price in the first place.

Well I didn't know that the MIR was coming directly from antec. So as you say EOM :). Perceived value is a personal matter and varies accordingly. The only reason I'm ready to pay extra for warranty is cos a psu is the most likely component to go bad in a PC with electrical conditions like those in India.

chaos,
Pal, brother, (For ur peace of mind) if ever you need to repair or service ur psu you do not have to go to chennai even. just send it across to me and 90% of the time it will be rectified within the hour (once i take up the task) without any fees or charges since this is honorary work which i enjoy doing.(well the components You will have to get from the market (few bucks at the most))
or atleast the problem component identified and cheap repair solution provided.

I mean this is the essence of a community forum is it not?. helping each other out in our own different ways.

and you must be already aware that although the psu is the most critical component of a m/c. it is the most easy to diagnose and repair. and at a very cheap cost at that. i know many repair shops which charge a blanket cost of Rs.200~250 for repairing any psu , most of the times including replaced parts.

Freaky said:
So, what do I do now ? Mail Vinod that no one's interested. He's agreed to keep the offer open on my request.
Hm... I'm still interested cos i dont see myself getting anything better anytime soon ;). Think darky is interested too. Freaky r u buying too?

Well it seems that the TruePower 2.0 Series is arriving by August End.I guess i will wait for that i as i have some unseen expenses coming up.....

Oh yeah the expenses are PC related.

Hi all. I've sent a mail to Vinod asking him to close the offer and inform me as soon as the TP 2.0 series hit the market. Will post any updates as soon as they get to me.

Back