Any experience with green soul executive/office chairs

My advice would be - There is no best brand and it all depends on what is your budget and how much of an appetite for risk you have. Beyond that, you can only trust your research skills and hope for a bit of luck everywhere. :D
Ha ha. My budget is mere 5k, however I can increase for quality products. I just need a durable, comfortable chair which will come with a low profile, lightweight and all.

UPDATE: After a couple of days of using the chair, I felt that it was bending back a bit too much, thanks primarily to my weight as the same issue didn't happen when my wife was using the chair. So decided that instead of regretting later, it would be better to get an executive chair. An executive chair will have its own pros and cons compared to a mesh chair but one thing is certain it can take more weight than a mesh chair. Hence, called the shop and got my chair replaced with a high back executive chair. Got this one for 7500. Thus, (hopefully) ends my journey to buy a chair for office and gaming use.

Attachments

• chair 2.jpg
    chair 2.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 112
  • chair replcmnt.jpg
    chair replcmnt.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 107
@nemo_online Looks good. Seems comparable to chairs online and price-wise also. This is a good benefit of local dealers. The only con I see with these chairs is the leather-ish material will start to come off soon with use and makes a filthy litter as it scrapes off more and more just like with headphone ear cushions. This is the reason I didn't go with these kind.

Hope it serves you well.

Thanks for your wishes. I didn't enquire about prices of executive chairs in other local stores as my focus had been all on mesh chairs initially so I think I might have paid a bit more than what other stores might have given me. However, this is just a feeling and feelings can be vastly different from reality. About the leatherish material, this seems to be rexin and I hope it will not meet the fate as described by you. Irrespective of whether it is leatherette or rexin, I hope it will last for some time.

Just a note for anyone who might be reading this in the future - If you weigh more than 100kg, it is not a good idea to go for non-branded chairs like mine. It will be best to invest in a heavy chair.
Edit - If you weigh more than 95kg, it is not a good idea to go for mesh chairs. Better invest in a heavy executive chair.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but didn't want to open another one when similar discussion exists in the current one.

So, I feel that my executive chair(brought from a local shop for 6k in 2018) has a slight tilt towards right. I can feel it. But the problem is when I try to look for any tilting from the rear end, I don't see any. Also, i have started experiencing pain at the bottom right side of the back(above the buttocks), upper right side of shoulder, and slowly creeping to right side of neck for more than a year, further adding to my suspicion that the chair definitely has a bending(hence discomfort along the right side of the body). But how do I ask the repair guy to fix the issue when he nor I can't see the tilting.

I use a towel for the back to ensure there's no sweating and irritation. It was only today when I saw the rear of the chair without the towel that I couldn't see the tilting. But usually when I see with the towel, I do see the slight tilting towards the right. Sounds funny that towel is playing optical games with me..:(

Any leads on how should I proceed with it?

Last edited:
Any leads on how should I proceed with it?
Take measurements from right and left side from the seat base to the floor from the same position on the right and left side respectively.
By this you'll be sure it's tilted. Then you can get the chair guy to fix it this way or DIY...

Find buffer(s) for the screws on the baseplate of the seat holding the mechanism. Unscrew them and add buffers between the seat and the baseplate on the side where it's tilted to and rescrew. So if right side then add the buffer to right side two screws and the seat should be nearly leveled.

By adding buffer you're compensating for the fact that either the base plate is bad/tilted or the seat itself has a design issue. In both cases the buffer would help.

Find buffer(s) for the screws on the baseplate of the seat holding the mechanism. Unscrew them and add buffers between the seat and the baseplate on the side where it's tilted to and rescrew. So if right side then add the buffer to right side two screws and the seat should be nearly leveled.
When you say buffer, do you mean additional screws in reserve or do I need to add something when trying to level it.

Alternatively, you can also ask a local furniture guy to come and do the same as suggested above by @enthusiast29. I am sure if you agree to pay their transportation charges, they will come and take a look. Just tell them there is a problem with the chair which you can't describe properly and only on seeing it he will be able to understand.

So the measurements have thrown quite a surprise. The left side of the seat, measuring from front, middle and back, measured 38, 37, 36 respectively. The right side of the seat measured 38.5, 37.5, 36.5 respectively. My seat is inclined from front to back(I hate this arrangement found in the new executive chairs) hence the difference in dimensions from front to back. All dimensions are in cms.
I was thinking that since the chair is tilted to the right, the right side should measure less than the left side. But it seems to be the opposite.
Doesn't make any sense.

Doesn't make any sense.
This is similar to what I experienced but in this case chair should be tilted towards left side. I'm not sure why you feel the right tilt then. Perhaps try rotating the base of the chair and measure again if the side changes? Maybe it's the base? In any case 0.5 cm is not something you should have felt. Ye thoda 19-20 ka farak to rehta hi h local maal mei...

I had a sizeable difference of almost 0.5 inches, tilting towards left. The repair guy from company added buffers on that side and the difference is negligible now.

So what I have been feeling is that the seat tilts to the right when I sit. It can also tilt to the left or right if I try move it while sitting. I can feel the weight shifting slightly to the right when I sit. So maybe that is the reason why the distance measured from the ground were the same under no load. And because I sit for long hours, subconsciously the weight shifts the seat to the right.

Shouldn't the base support be rigid i.e. there should be no movement/tilting under load? Or maybe 3.5 yrs is enough to get the support go bad? I live in an environment with harsh climatic conditions so corrosion might have weakened the support to prevent it from being rigid.

@Kaleen Bhaiya Hey, missed your last reply. Again this seems like the base of the chair which holds the seat maybe is loose? Can you try shifting it left/right without sitting? Does the seat wiggle or what?

I don't have enough experience to say if this can be caused by a bad hydraulic or not. Never had this happen to me even with my previous chair which I bought used for under 2K.

Last edited:
@Kaleen Bhaiya Hey, missed your last reply. Again this seems like the base of the chair which holds the seat maybe is loose? Can you try shifting it left/right without sitting? Does the seat wiggle or what?

I don't have enough experience to say if this can be caused by a bad hydraulic or not. Never had this happen to me even with my previous chair which I bought used for under 2K.
It wiggles but not by a huge amount. But when I sit and try to shake the chair, then the wiggling is more noticeable, but not huge. Maybe the weight is responsible for this?
But isn't executive chairs in a better position to handle weights than other chairs?

It wiggles but not by a huge amount. But when I sit and try to shake the chair, then the wiggling is more noticeable, but not huge. Maybe the weight is responsible for this?
But isn't executive chairs in a better position to handle weights than other chairs?
You better show this behavior to an office chair repair guy not an ordinary carpenter. They'll let you know if it's fixable.

Hey, missed your previous replies. Just saw the notification now. My limited understanding of chairs so far has been that the base should not wiggle sideways irrespective of any weight. However, regarding the rest of the things, I am not in a position to comment. All things considered, I would suggest you get some expert help. If you decide to go for a new chair keep your weight in mind. if 90+, an executive chair would be the best choice.

Back